Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bupa Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

3.2Work–Life Balance

Found 81 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,184 reviews

Good company to work for... sales targets not match demographic

Worked with Bupa 5 yrs. Good colleagues. Very competitive company / industry. KPIs unrealistic to demographic. Uniform supplied. Pay was good compared to other similar companies in industry though we had the added tasks of outreach activities required to help grow customer base and KPIs. Training was comprehensive and provided. Would have remained with company but request for 6mths leave rejected (all good, understand why), so left as the time off was required at the time. Heard they closed the branch approx 8 mths later.

Pros

Reasonable pay, uniforms, bonus opportunities, great colleagues

Cons

Unrealistic KPI sales targets to demographic

productive and fun working for Bupa

It is worth working for Bupathey pay 16 weeks sick pay per year.I got Dental insurance. Travel insurance. Mental health support. Absence management. Drug and alcohol screening. On-site-GP services.Health cash plans.And more.

Pros

Free transport, free meals all day around, flexible changable shifts.free health check up.w

Cons

Overtime paid extra plus double pay in the weekends and in holidays.

Ridiculous recruitment procedure

Ridiculous recruitment for such a stupid job. Never in my life have I had to deal with stupid people and almost a fakeness of people. It's like Bupa is great Bupa is wonderful when really the company is incompetent and useless and people only stay there for the salary and free health insurance Not my cup of tea they messed up my life in 1996 and 1999 and 2021I hate really dislike more than any other organisation

Pros

Nope

Cons

Too long

6 July 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear this was your experience while working at Bupa as it doesn't reflect our culture or our values. We take all feedback seriously and would always encourage people to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that they don't feel comfortable raising to their manager, so that issues can be thoroughly investigated. Please find more information here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future.

Great job but poor treatment

Although the job is interesting and very well paid with great benefits, their treatment of multiple disability employees, especially relative to mental health, is very poor. You are valued and encouraged as long as you are physically and mentally capable, but god forbid you should become long term ill. You will go through the disciplinary procedures faster than you can say it, and they aren't afraid to fire disabled people. Just be warned, and pray you don't fall long-term ill!

Pros

Great pay and benefits with pension

Cons

Don't value employees as people, just bums in seats

14 May 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your experience of working at Bupa isn't positive. We take all feedback seriously and would encourage you to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that you don't feel comfortable raising to your manager so any issues can be thoroughly investigated. You'll find the details here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future.

Stressful job

Very stressful job, expected to know alot and cope with a lot compared to salary. Constantly monitored on KPI's. Burn out can be a strong possibility, company like to focus on talks about burn out but when it comes down to it will enforce working environment and stop you taking holidays because its busy. Immediate management are nice but further up come up with bad ideas.

Pros

Private healthcare very cheap, Eap, inclusive

Cons

Stressful, low pay

6 May 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We take on board all feedback from our people so if there are issues you would like to raise please do speak to your manager so these can be reviewed. If you do not feel comfortable doing so, you can use our confidential Speak Up Service and the issue will be thoroughly investigated. Please find more information here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html

Company looks good until you work there for some time

The thought of working at Bupa was exciting at the time. Great office(Salford), most people are good and friendly. Casual dress code, so makes the place seem more friendly. They have structures as expected from large company. But, when you work there, you seem to be just a number, can easily be replaced. Managers don't care much. When you have issue, they seem to just rather not have to deal with it than try to work with you. At the end I was very disappointed. I expeted them to be better because of the industry they're in.

Pros

Good trendy office, friendly colleagues

Cons

Need a better management ethics

Disappointed

For the role the wage don’t reflect the importance of its staff it’s a hard on the mental role from the early hour in the morning but managers are power hungry and rude and condescending

11 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear this was your experience whilst working at Bupa. We take all feedback seriously and would always encourage people to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that they don't feel comfortable raising to their manager, so that issues can be thoroughly investigated. Please find more information here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future.

Avoid!!

I worked at bupa from Feb 2020 to July 2020 when I was given an unscheduled probation review and then fired. During my time at bupa we were placed in to lockdown, the communication between management and my training team was none existent. The rest of my team received a call from management they ‘missed’ me off the list. We were told one thing then another. I understand it was very difficult times however our ‘manager’ if that’s what you could call him didn’t know any processed or how he should handle his delegates. Told one person one thing and told someone else another. They then threw us in at the deep end to take calls from home, even though we’d never taken a call before. We were told someone would be there at all times to offer support but when we needed it we were either ignored or told to go somewhere else to ask the question. These people were supposed to be our coaches. Whenever someone raised concern about the lack of support they would say ‘maybe this job isn’t for you’ instead of looking at how they weren’t supporting us. Then came the unscheduled privation review and within an hour I was unemployed during a pandemic. Worst company I have ever worked for. The amount of knowledge they expected us to have on medical terms and processed yet would tell us we’re not medically trained was ridiculous for £18,000 a year. The management do not have people skills or managerial skills. AVOID this company!

Pros

Free parking, nice coffee shop on site

Cons

No people skills, no emotion, no understanding, want everyone to be robots and not human. Managers don’t know how to manage.

2 September 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm really sorry to read this is your experience as it does not reflect our culture or behaviours. We empower all of our managers to listen to their teams and their needs as much as they can and help with their development. We take all feedback very seriously and would always encourage our employees to talk to their manager or the People Team about concerns to see how they could be addressed. I wish you every success for the future.

Good place to place

Good management ! Good Growth ! Job satisfaction ! Work life balance ! I got opportunity to work in Direct sales and also in Call centre roles . Learned a lot .

fun team

fast paced environment and fun team. loads of calls a day and training on systems but decent location and strong team. however bank workers like most places are treated slightly different

Jobs at Bupa

Customer Service Representative positions
See more jobs

Low pay

Very low pay. The salary was inclusive of super which meant the base salary was extremely low. I became very sick due to the stressful nature of the job and had a terrible team leader who was not supportive at all.

Stressfull

This job was very high demand, caused me to have a mental break down at work, due to the pressures that the higher management were putting on me and my fellow colleagues

Hard Working Environment

Responsible on a daily basis for taking calls from members and medical professions, and liasing with each on updates of cases. Making sure that sufficient time is taken on each call, but also being able to answer sufficient calls on a daily basis.

The member services role can be stressful however the people make the company a great place to work. You are supported a great deal in development and If you want to grow and a career this is a great place to work

Poor management

Poor management. Not valued at all, just another worker. Timed every time you go to the toilet/leave your desk. Would not recommend this place to work at all. However, good training is provided.

Not very caring towards their own staff for a “health care insurance” compnay

Misadvertised the job role and what it actually involved (it’s a call centre job- don’t let them make you believe other wise) High staff turnover Badly run company - not consistent with how them employ rules, eg lots of favouritism from managers towards certain staff members who would be allowed to get away with stuff that others would be punished for Expected to work like a robot- if you like having your toilet breaks timed then you’ll enjoy this job, or if you like having to chose between going for a toilet break or eating / drinking

Good culture & learning

Great conpany & ample scope of learning ,good work environment supportive peers , best pratice & policies , competitive & qualitative learning environment

Poor remuneration

Do not care about employees or members. All about profit above all else. Poor morale amongst staff as they feel and are undervalued. Also made to feel like robots. Little job satisfaction here

Too much pressure

MSA role is tough and not for everyone. The role is very involved and can be quite stressful at times. I don't believe the pay is sufficient for the volume of work that MSAs have to do.

Great Experience

Great company to work for. I was able to learn a lot about the health insurance field. Growth within the company is always available. A company that truly cares about their employees.

Bupa is very cheap Health insurance services provider, i experienced ever

Bupa is always provide very notorious health insurance service to their customers. The customer services are also very cheap. Bupa is shame for humanity....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bupa