Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bupa Employee Reviews for Dental Nurse

3.2Work–Life Balance

Found 73 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,184 reviews

Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere

Some of my coworkers were very stressed which in turn made me stressed at times. Other than this, working here was demanding yet rewarding. The atmosphere would more often than not be very calm and inviting.

Pros

nice atmosphere

Cons

stressful coworkers

stay away

bupa only care about making money they do not care about their staff or patients. management is a mess there is favouritism and lazyness to the highest degree, extremely unproffesional and oftentimes clueless on how to do their job. very physically and mentally demanding. a typical day at work would include something going wrong everyday. extremely negative atmosphere towards nurses. do not recommend unless you want to be pushed to your limits mentally and physically. wage is not good especially considering the company makes millions of pounds a year. they are stingy with time off and make you feel bad for being off. they dont pay you for overtime either you can take time back which is impossible since there are always staff shortages and they dont hire new staff to save money.

Pros

free dental treatment sometimes

Cons

dont get paid overtime

Progressive Company

I've worked for Smiles Dental part of the Bupa Group for 12 years. Excellent career progression opportunities. Employee benefits include discounts on online shopping & free GP. A lot of training opportunities are available and they offer flexible working patterns.

Pros

Free GP, flexible shift patterns, free training

Excellent work environment but poor management!

Amazing work environment with former colleagues . Not much progression options possibly because Management not great, false promises. Nurses are disregarded not taken in to account. Not much support from manager and when ask for help seems to make false promises to help but no help eventually given. Anything that seems to go wrong in the practice, nurses seem to blamed for anything and everything even though they are heart of the practice. All dentist and nurses all very hard working with great work ethics. Company it self is great to work for, I would work again for Bupa only if management of the practice was better.

Pros

Free CPD GDC paid

Cons

Management very poor

Very low paid for the intesity of work expected

Low paid Long hours No growth within company Lack of manager support No progression Unprofessional dentistsNo bonus scheme High staff turnover so unable to build team relationships

Pros

Cons

Low paid

Good place of work but poor staff care

Decided to close the practice I was working at with 3 months of notice. Very confusing during the COVID pandemic with PPE and safety. Aside from this, the job was interesting and the staff were brilliant.

Pros

Close distance

Cons

Poor management

Great management

Manager is lovely, other members of staff were two faced and not very nice at all. Ended up leaving after working there for 6 years due to this. Free CPD, registration paid for but overall not worth the long days and stress.

Pros

Cpd, registration, staff parking

Cons

Long hours, low pay

Lovely staff

Manager was rubbish and spent most of her time locked in her office, when she was in! Gave her jobs to myself and the 1 other receptionist to do even though we had 8 surgeries running. Repeatedly forgot to tell us when clinicians were on annual leave. Nothing matters more to this company than money. In surgery there's not enough instruments, materials or x Ray's. You spend more time out of surgery looking for stuff. Money just above minimum wage which is disgusting for the amount of responsibility.

Pros

Free online CPD

Cons

Always short staffed and long hours

Appalling female Dentist at Chester Bupa

An appalling inside job executed simply because the older female dentist didn’t like me. I was warned by the manager and staff that they struggled to find, let alone keep a nurse there for years. She is extremely hard work and difficult to work with. Patients have left and move to other practices where twice they said they were disgusted at how she belittled me in front of them. They told this to another dentist where they’ve registered and so happens who happens to be my friend !!

Pros

Staff car park

Cons

Extremely stressful & two faced. No management support.

It’s a good company

Good company, management is okay but not very helpful, could be better, fast paste job but they did look after us during COVID but not enough time to prepare to go back.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Needs work with management

Jobs at Bupa

Dental Nurse positions
See more jobs

very professional place to work

Team are very helpful, not only from your own practice other Bupa sites are helpful as well. Management always on hand to help out and push you to be your best. Nurses and dentists are very welcoming and will help you with anything you need.

Pros

Fantastic team

Cons

locations

Working for Bupa Dental

I enjoyed working for Bupa but to be honest, they do not look after their lower paid staff very well ie receptionists or nurses as we do not make them any money. They work you hard but do not pay you for what you do

Amazing 11 months

Everyone at bupa is amazing and will go above and beyond for any employee. Such a brilliant company to work for! They offer training, opportunities to progress constantly and even telephone counselling for employees. Such a pleasure to work for a company like this.

A friendly practice.

I enjoy working for Bupa, have worked for the same practice for 18 years prior to Bupa taking over. Mist of our staff are long standing, the team work well together at work and also enjoy socialising.

Awful company

Too much of a girl click Mean girls mentality Bullying other nurses Making them cry Not caring towards patients as they talk and discuss their personal private confidential information that is put on medical forms

I would 100% recommend working for Bupa, personally i find them very supportive and are happy for you to do all kinds of courses to help with your development. It's not always an easy job but working at Bushfield with the best team makes it easier.

Stamford is a great place to work

Working at Stamford is a joy due to the team that is there. All work together ensuring we are doing the best for the patients. Great manager, along with the other leads in the practice for each department to ensure we are working as a team.

Ok company

Could be paid more to match competitors but staff are friendly, good benefits, easy access to training etc Free GDC registration and CPD. Would work for them again if they upped their pay.

Good job

Good start to career, great working environment. Management was always approachable and easy to talk to, staff were lovely and easy to work with. Great team.

Very exciting and tasking

Excellent work experience,tasking and project oriented ,staff welfare was good and Excellent opportunities,I had opportunities working with the Cosmetologist as a Dental.Nurse was involved in all activities at the Centre ,Did adverts for Bupa on the Bupa Word website ,was involved in project management and travels.

Great professional practice

Great professional practice. professional staff great team work. always care for patients needs would highly recommend this practice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bupa