Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bupa Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

3.2Work–Life Balance

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,184 reviews

Work place was fun to work.

Company gave us opportunities to learn at the workplace. Management would always support the staff. Work culture also vibrant.however, the hardest part of the job was working with short staff member. Enjoyable part of the job was flexible working roaster.

Pros

Lunch free

Cons

short staff

Demanding residents

Short staffed none stop rushed off your feet. MANGEMENT poor . no interest in assisting staff . Under payed . Short breaks . Cant go any further in job role.

2 June 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear this was your experience at one of our homes. We take all feedback seriously and would always encourage people to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that they don't feel comfortable raising to their manager, so that issues can be thoroughly investigated. Please find more information here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future.

Managed quite bad

The staff is rude, you are constant being given more work to do on top of what you have already. Be prepared to be on your feet for 11 hours non stop. Staff is unfriendly in a team setting. Training is great. Residence not being cared for wellBecause too much other work to do and staff is rushed to get things done. If you care about being a good care worker then it’s not the best place. Management is rude and unfriendly

Pros

Good training

Cons

Rushed, poor quality care for residence, rude manager

28 May 2021

Bad management

Be prepared to see unfair and sad things that you can't "fight ".Poor management...they don't care about the staff...overall was a really bad experience!

Cons

Infection control

7 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Our managers have an open door policy to listen to feedback from their teams so we're sorry to hear this wasn't your experience as it doesn't reflect our culture or behaviours. We take all feedback seriously but encourage people to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that they don't feel comfortable raising to their manager, so that any issues can be thoroughly investigated. Please find more information here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future.

Stressful atmosphere

Please please do not work for Bupa they are unorganized always under staffed managers are bossy and rude. My worst work experience ever in care. Very low pay for the hard work required better of working at a department store you’ll get more Pay than Bupa.

Pros

Cons

Low pay no organization bad management

7 January 2021

Great company

One of the most decent companies i have ever seen.. You get a lot of bad colleagues but the management is is firm and fair... So it's not that bad. The clients are the icing on the cake.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Poor wage

10 November 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're really pleased to hear that you had a good experience of working in one of our homes. We wish you all the best in the future!

Great place to work been here 4 months, started doing days which is 8am til 8 pm with half days starting at 8am and 2pm, nights 8pm til 8am. Management/seniors are lovely and supportive i started doing my nursing degree and they fixed my contracted hours around it, colleagues are lovely and enjoyable to be around, benefits are good and pay is ok could be better. Would recommend the company.

Pros

free lunch for day staff on 12hr shifts, wagestream is useful, free flu jab and great work life balance

Cons

12hr shifts, pay could be better

10 November 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive comments, they're great to hear! We hope you continue to enjoy your career with us and we wish you all the best with your Nursing Degree!

No communication

stressful no communication long hours not enough pay no appreciation No help to move forward No management skills shortage of staffFalse representation

Pros

staff

Cons

Stress

10 November 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your experience of working at one of our care homes isn't positive. We take all feedback seriously and would encourage you to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that you don't feel comfortable raising to your manager so any issues can be thoroughly investigated. You'll find the details here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future.

One of the worst places I have worked

Horrible, heartless managmenf treating you like an animal. No compassion to residents and staff. Seflish and arogant. Staff is very lovley and helpful 👍 👏 👌 amazing people.

Pros

team, residents

Cons

mamagment

Awful

Worked at Bupa for a year. Was ok at the beginning until new management took over. Bullyish behaviour from all management staff and very unprofessional. Would not recommend.

Jobs at Bupa

Healthcare Assistant positions
See more jobs

DONT WORK HERE!! And don’t put your poor family members in these homes

Absolutely do not work for bupa!! You don’t get paid enough for the amount of work, stress and hassle you have to put up with!! Management don’t care about anyone but themselves and staff belittle and bully new members of staff. Most of the staff don’t look after the residents properly!! 10/10 DONT RECOMMEND

Pros

Lovely residents

Cons

Bad management and staff

Minimum wage

Although my line manager is supportive I feel Bupa as an employer is uncaring, unsupportive and pay only the legal minimum wage that they can get away with for what is a demanding and sometimes challenging role

Pros

Hours of work

Cons

Pay rate

10 November 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We take on board all feedback from our people so if there are issues you would like to raise please do speak to your manager so these can be reviewed. We hope you continue to enjoy your career with us!

Typical day

I never worked at a care home,but the staff and management have made me feel welcome and supported me throughout from starting my job at Bupa and really feel much more confident person now learned a lot new skills and the experience

10 November 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive comments, they're great to hear! We hope you continue to enjoy your career with us!

Good

Vry good sufficient for living , excellent pay rate weekend allowance i love to work with bupa job security good working environment team work work life balance.

Great

I loved my time with bupa when our home shut down I transferred to Stowmarket but the travelling got the better of me. I miss the great team I worked with everyone was supportive.

10 November 2020
Thanks for the great feedback! We're really pleased to hear that you had a good experience of working in one of our homes. We wish you all the best for the future!

Nice place to work

Had fun working here met good friends, i had good opportunities to advance myself and get skills necessary for my future career, i am who Iam because my first steps began here.

10 November 2020

Very stressfull,understaffed,no support from management,instructed to lie to relatives regarding staffing

I was a Senior carer at Bupa in Broadstone. I worked 60 plus hours a week.I took on many extra responsibilities,I took on nursing duties,often running 2 floors with no support from management. I was often shouted at by members of staff who felt they knew better than myself.There was no support from management. Any training had to be done in days off,meaning at times,I would not have a day off in two weeks,bearing in mind i was working 14 hour shift a day There would often be 3 staff to 27 high nursing and Dementia needs. This is not caring. This is neglect

It was goo experience

All the staffs were friendly and helpful. There was flexible time. They give u the chance to choose ur time .One can do their job according to their suitable time

Vile place to work

I would rather clean the streets than work here. They only h thy ink about ticking boxes and making sure they have bodies to fill cqc recommendations!

Extremely Poor Management

- providing all personal care for the residents, assisting with washing/oral care/dressing/transferring if needed, assisting with meal times and putting back to bed in the evenings if help required (list not exhaustive) - learnt a lot about the health care industry and different peoples needs and how to meet them - very toxic/bullying atmosphere that was never dealt with to this day - hardest part was being bullied by the senior on my floor and no one listening/dealing with my complaint professionally (in hindsight I should have whistle blowed them further up) - most enjoyable part was interactions with the residents and putting smiles on their faces knowing I'd made their day just that little bit better

10 November 2020

Productive and nice place to work

Cottenham Court is a beautiful workplace, felt welcomed and supported by colleagues, residents, and management. Working at Bupa Cottenham was a pleasure. I learned lots of things about life, grew my strength and became an even better human being than I used to be. Cottenham Court was my family for one year and 7 months.

10 November 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bupa