Bupa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bupa Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia313 reviews

Clear
3.2Work–Life Balance
3.0Pay & Benefits

Found 51 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,502 reviews

Productive and busy commercially

The Lunch room is Not ideal as there is no table to eat on breaks and no private Bathroom for the staff, we have to go out to use the public toilets.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Long hours and multitasks

Toxic management

Always short staffed. Management doesnt care about the staffs. Pay is terrible and they only give short hour shifts. The staffs are friendly and nice apart from the managerial team

Run, this place is the worst!

Registered Dental Hygienist - This company is toxic. They try and look good on paper but in reality don’t adhere to any of there own policies. They currently are having to back pay staff $75million in underplayed wages to staff. I was on contracted hours yet told to come in late or go home early (sometimes only after a few hours) Told we would never get a pay rise. Staff are absolutely flogged workload wise, super short appointments where you are expected to do everything yourself with no assistant benefits only the company not patients or staff. Upper management don’t seem to have any idea about what they are doing and Many have no prior experience in dental what so ever. Working here made me rethink my career and hate my job. I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy. Don’t sell yourself short, work somewhere you will be treated with respect.

Pros

None come to mind

Cons

Long hours, terrible pay, purely target driven

Stressful work with the lack of support from the management

ProsIt was nice to work in a big stylish office building before we had to move to work from home. The company provided free fruits, tea and coffee at the office.You could have one well-being day once a year. The evening shift was at a higher rate.It was easy to get to know each other at the call centre. Most service consultants were friendly and supportive.Previously, Bupa organised small events or parties for socialising with work colleagues.ConsEvaluation is based only on KPIs. It is best if the customer does not call back within two weeks, as it will impact your KPI metrics.We also had to handle and resolve the issues outside of our expertise caused by the other departments. The management did not praise the time you spent on a successful resolution. But the time you spent on the phone to investigate could crash the above mentioned KPIs.We had to deal frequently with customers who could be aggressive, rude, or show their negative attitude towards your cultural background. However, you would not receive appropriate support from your Team Leader or higher Management.The management also controlled the number of short breaks going to the bathroom. And, they could question the frequency of visits and the length of time spent there(regardless of gender).The interaction with other departments was tricky. They could be responsive or not as much.If there was an issue with the computer or the working applications, it was difficult to convince the Service Desk to investigate and fix the technical problem.I would not recommend this work experience to my friends or colleagues -

Pros

Fresh fruits, clean modern office.

Cons

Stressful monotonous work process, lack of support from the management.

Productive and fun workingplace

Overal a good experienceYour pay from bupa helps you fulfill your daily plus extra requirements. Good family environment Good management and helpful work partners.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Working in Bupa Care Home is like living with your parents again especially when your family is overseas.

The most enjoyable part of the work here at the Care home is that the staff are all super friendly they are always there to support each other. The residents are very kind-hearted and beautiful souls and I had a very hard time missing them when I left the Home. In my opinion, the job of a carer is one of its kind that you should experience in life which will teach you to familiarise yourself and get along with your own life circumstances.

Pros

Free lunches, Christmas parties, health service vouchers, Bupa customer benefits exclusive for staff members

Cons

You have to proactive and push yourselves to progress in your career.

Very Hard Stressful Work

Dont Care about Staff, always short staffed, change of management, not a stable working place, profit number1.Enjoyed working with staff and the hours worked

Pros

Made good Friends work mates

Cons

min wage Stressful

Great place

good place to work a lot of benefits for you and your family, nice people in HR, help when needed have alot of services for you and will listen when you need it

overall good place to work in

nice place to work in, good culture, people are supportive. good benefits and 40% subsidy for health insurance, extra days off for nsw public holiday,

BMVS Brisbane

Great work environment, great management team. Work life balance is great, very understanding workplace. You are paid in accordance with your role, benefits are good. I would recommend this workplace to anyone. You will not find a better workplace. Thank you BMVS BRISBANE

Low pay

Very low pay. The salary was inclusive of super which meant the base salary was extremely low. I became very sick due to the stressful nature of the job and had a terrible team leader who was not supportive at all.

It’s okay

Wages is minimum so don’t expect alot Good work life balance More interactive atmosphere Growing opportunities is good Management needs to be more improved.

review

fun workplace with activities well team work good organisation during Christmas time nice decoration for new year clean and big aged care good communication

Unproductive

Very poor culture, revengeful, selfishness. They could not be able to support their staff. Very lonely environment and not very helpful. Not be able to let you be decisive.

Pros

Nothing to be a present during Christmas.

Cons

Long hours without any pay at more than eight hours.

Not a very nice place to work,

Un organised , management don't listen, under staffed every day. Pay is very low. If asked to do over time, come pay day and that over time money is NOT in your pay you then have to chase it up and it will take another 2 weeks to receive it, or at all.

Absolutely disgraceful

I started the day a new Bupa opened in Runaway Bay Qld.... I watched the care, the conditions and the toxic culture and bullying including from management over 3 years increase.. I raised concerns on various occasions regarding several hazards and risks and the condition or treatment of particularly residents in Dementia Wing, although this was fobbed off, I raised concerns outside of the workplace and left in disgust and concern. Regard the recent headlines on Bupa in NSW I am not surprised and ver hopeful Bupa will adhere to standards of care or be shut down. Considering Bupa operated in 72 countries, one would think they know what they are doing l.

Its a good place to work

Good work Culture for bio Diversity, Its fun to work with residents and families. we don't only work for the company actually we work for ourself in the company. Bupa also look for their employees if there are any issues. i am happy working with bupa.

Pros

bupa benefits

Busy, over worked, underpaid

High turn over of staff, no work life balance, no work place culture, very low wage. There has been new management, so it should be a better place to work than when i was there. Terrible management at the time.

Pros

Cons

low wage

Terrible place to work.

All they care about is making money they do not care about you or your patients at all. You are basically a salve no benefits for being a loyal and an ethical employee .Pay structure (KPI) is disgusting they indirectly push you to increase your hourly rate and do big treatment plans for them to pay you less than the standard commission.

Pros

nothing

Cons

Waste of your professional time.

Great Health Insurance coverage for employees

A company that is at the forefront of the Health Insurance industry they have great products and member benefits. There is plenty of opportunity for career advancement if you work in a head office but not the case in a retail environment

Pros

great discount on health insurance

Cons

not alot of career advancement if you work in a regional area

Management is awful

I enjoy working with the staff but when I go to management for help I am shunned or ignored. There is no encouragement for advancement and no chance for a pay rise.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bupa