Bureau Veritas
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

Australia39 reviews
Management is not looking after the employee welfare physical, psychological, and emotional well being. Working environment is stressful and discordant.
You most likely got told it's full time by your JSP but it's actually casual full time which means once they have no work they will just call you into the office as a massive group and tell you all you no longer have a job and to go home.
You'll be expected to maintain KPI's even when your machine breaks down.

The dust masks and suction vents do nothing for the airborne dirt and dust so after a while you'll start developing breathing issues.
Pros
Great if you're absolutely desperate for a job
Cons
Bad if you're looking for a safe work environment and job security
Try your best not to join it specially if you are in IT (software development). They are not well structured nor working on latest tools and technologies.
I had a difficult time working there at first but afterward you sort of get use to the work and it gets easier. The main issue was the lack of communication from the people who work for the company.
The job paid well and the management was perfect however there was a lot of back stabbing hostility amongst workers, I did however enjoy my time there the pay was good the work was mindless but the conditions were very hazardous to workers (Dust) and i was never taught to use a dust mask until 1 month in and because of that i developed abit of a cough and eventually quit as i had enough of the conditions and the workers.
Pros
toilet breaks when needed
Cons
long hours and poor working conditions
Despite management being very poor I loved the work and we made a family of long life friends with most that worked there. The roster was good, pay not so much
Hard workplace but not the worst, count for the 88 days so that's really good. Can make good friends but boring work. Still advise it for the farm work.
Working in the weighing room meant standing or sitting for hours at a time at your work station. At times, this was challenging and required toughness.
Not sure if you need my review of this feedback or BV working life.
If BV working life, very good experience and lots of learning

Good fun with team working and very productive
Pros
Free hand in management and business development
Cons
Diversification in mature and saturated market
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bureau Veritas?
Difficult industry to master, internal promotions made available regularly with training included. Full time posistion rarely available but overtime and benefits make up for this enjoyed my time here.
I enjoyed the hard work, but didn't enjoy the conditions that we worked in.
The PPE we wore basically didn't help.

Work place culture is 40 years behind.

Most of the equipment is constantly breaking down,the heat is unbearable and the air conditioners are never working.
Worked on mine roster 5/4/5 it was an interesting job management done their best to assist the crew, but as we worked on site bv were at the mercy of the mines rules and regs, for me I loved the fact that we all had to abide by the lwas of the mine
Worked here for a year and did not gain anything. The management is very bad. People there are not very friendly. Most of the people there are very rude. The pay is extremely low for the amount ot work you do.
The Job was dusty and repetitive, thats OK, work is work.
No talking because you're wearing dust mask, No music aloud.

Most of my co-workers were good folk, different backgrounds and they all worked very hard.

Managers were helpful or cold or short tempered depending on which manager was on your shift. I met a few managers who were very approachable, unfortunately I mostly worked with the short tempered and not so helpful managers. It really kills the atmosphere. I think some leaders cant handle the role and become stressed, which in turn dampens their "TEAM BUILDING" ability. One good thing about the company was the Health and Safety and even the top manager explained that he cares about people, not samples which I appreciated.

Three rotating shifts so you'll be home some nights with your family, and other nights away at work. You'll be trained decently enough but once on your own you'll be busting to keep your KPI up. Sometimes machines break down so don't stress too much. Just be pro-active in getting it sorted.

Stay away from people who complain all day if you can help it.

Enjoy your work, enjoy your smoko break, and go home.

Thankful for things I learnt their.
Pros
Health and Safety is Priority. Work mates, Smoko breaks.
Cons
Not so inspirational Leadership, no music aloud.
really have enjoyed working there. just generally a good place to work with very friendly people and managers would recommend working there to anyone .
Great company to work for. Staff are very friendly. Love the work and the analyst that we were testing the coal for. Totally enjoyed working for Bureau Veritas.
Adapt to shift work and crews as each crew does a day and night shift. Noisy and dusty. Management need to be chased up about training and opportunities.
Pros
Good bonds with crew
Cons
Training and advancement
The office is incredibly chaotic, with very poor management, and majority unhappy staff. While the individuals I worked with were decent, higher-up management made my time at the company quite miserable.
Good place to start and it needs a very good physical stamina to work in certain areas.
Typical data starts after the morning meeting and it becomes quite busy till mid day. Then things get slower towards the beginning of the second shift.

Most of the employees are friendly and competent.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Some times long hours
I loved working here it was a small place in Black water we all got along often had smoke' o supplied often went out had great end of year party's the work roster was great I loved it Life style roster.
Pros
nice smoke'o
Cons
good hours
We always started with a morning meeting where anyone could bring up any issues in relation to our work and it also gave our employers a chance to converse with the employees. We had two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break in our 10 hour shift and the time I spent there was a very enjoyable one. Everyone was willing to help and I was always willing to learn. I believe a made a good impression on my employers because I was always working overtime and they informed me that they could see how much effort I was trying to put into my work