BWS Employee Reviews

reliable friendly company with good security
Liquor Assistant (Former Employee) –  perth, gold coast, dunsborough, margaret river10 June 2018
worked for bws for 10 years and made great friends and great contacts, would highly recommend to anyone chasing a secure rewarding career. Just don't film people stealing stuff and post it online if you wanna keep your job lol
Pros
alcohol product knowledge
Cons
dealing with thieves
family orientated fun place
Liquor Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW29 May 2018
I loved working with the staff here as we classed each other as family and were always there to help each other. the busy environment and great taste in music always made it interesting and fun
good wok environment
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD26 May 2018
Can be difficult to deal with intoxicated customers but otherwise a good place to work. Potential for armed hold ups but they are pretty rare. Good training though.
Pros
lots of discounts
Cons
6day week some times
Friendly people, both as a customer and when i was an employee.
Service assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland WA3 May 2018
I have shopped there in the past frequently and have always been satisfied with the service.
When i began work there, i found the methods of training to be very productive and informative.
A clean and well managed establishment, which i encourage others to take advantage of if they desire to develop a good work ethic.
Pros
Well managed and friendly staff
Cons
N/a
A stressful workplace
Customer Service/2IC (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC30 April 2018
the management and higher-ups at bws tended to be a bit hit-and-miss what do you got a good one or not especially since the managers get moved around. the work itself it's not that bad but the environment was toxic and left you more stressed out.
store manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 April 2018
bws can be a great place to work but it can also be a bit lonely.
ive learnt some good management skills though and the people that work at bws are pretty awesome.
good place to work
Drive Through Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodville SA9 April 2018
good place to work great opportunities to further your career
great team members good vision for the future for the company and staff and good work life balance
Great work environment
Suggestive selling (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW4 April 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at BWS. Great team to work with, hourly pay was good, extremely helpful in remaining flexible through a busy period in university.
Pros
Great team
Cons
N/a
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Western Australia2 April 2018
Managers and team members are great to work with. Very knowledgeable, encourages growth and support within company. Have good worth ethics. Enjoy meeting new people and getting to know the community.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dickson ACT6 March 2018
Good at working for Woolies, friendly co-workers, good managers.
Learned how to deal with very rude customers.
The hardest part of my Job is having to work evenings and not been able to see my family the three nights a week.
Pros
good pay for a part time job
Cons
have to stand up for long hours
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW25 February 2018
Good place to work. Typical day begins with customer service, filling, faceups and meeting variety of customers in fast paced customer service environment. Learned to provided responsible service of alcohol.
Pros
flexibility, meeting people, fun and supportive culture
Cons
less working hours
Fun, physical workplace environment
Sales Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW12 February 2018
I really enjoyed working for BWS, was physical. I always worked with great people. I learned a lot working for BWS. I always thought i was looked after by management quite well. The only reason I stopped working there is because I wasn't getting a lot of work.
Pros
Physical
Cons
Not enough hours
Good flexible workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 February 2018
Working at Bws has its ups and downs. Its kind of a physical job (a lot of heaving lifting on load days) so you get a good workout from it. Its flexible if you have another job or studying. The hours are great, the store I'm at closes at 10pm so obviously no overnight or extremely late hours. Dealing with customers can go smoothly if you handle the situation with confidence= which is important with this job as you have to check ID. You learn so many different types of alcoholic beverages and through time you get familiar with most product knowledge. Management is okay but sometimes hours would get cut but most staff are really friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to recommend drinks to customers who aren't familiar with the drinks and every now and then getting this customers who are so lovely and make your day by actually treating you with kindness (If you work within Retail/Hospitality you know what I mean!)
Pros
Long hours=long breaks, Good salary, Multiple locations
Cons
Heavy lifting, A lot of product knowledge to remember/learn
Asks too much. Gives very little back
Salesman/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yass NSW4 February 2018
Not a good place to work. Just a place to get some experience. Expanded my sales abilities. But nothing further. Long hours expected. Breaks were few and far between. Don't comply with rule of law or regulations. Loathe to give holidays. Refuse to accept ideas for expansion or growth.
Sales Assitance
Sales Assistant, Woolworths Young (Current Employee) –  Young NSW4 February 2018
My work place is a happy, easy going enviroment where i have learnt incrediable communication skills and technological use and throughout that have discovered a love for customer rapport and giving out thorough information to other's in the best way i possibly could. However i have out grown my current career and am enthusiastic about taking on a more challanging line of work. Especially one that i am passionate about.
Pros
reliable income, friendly enviroment
Cons
non contracted hours
Worst job ive ever had.
Glorified shelf stacker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 January 2018
Poor pay. Treated like garbage. Just a glorified shelf stacker.. Disgusting place to work... In my time there, I never met anyone happy in their role..
Fun and easy going.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray Bridge SA25 January 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at BWS and would definitely look into employment there again. Very rewarding especially once regular customers became familiarised with you.
Healthy, fun and fantastic working environment!
Casual at BWS (Current Employee) –  QLD24 January 2018
I have been working for BWS for about 4 months.
and I have loved every moment!
Being 18 years old, my knowledge on alcohol was quite low, but with the eagerness to learn I have in such a short time gained so much knowledge. I love working for BWS and am extremely proud to! BWS staff truley Pride themselves on excellent customer service and to be apart of the team is something Inwhich I too my self take great pride in. I Find BWS to be such a healthy environment to work in, they allow you to express idea's and really allow you to be you.
The mangers are amazing, esspecially mine!
Good Customer service, Trying your best, and being reliable are 3 factors I believe are some of the most important.
Knowledge is a Path, Inwhich I've love walking.
Spirits have a story and wine's have a history, there's so much to learn and I continue to do so.
Tastings are always a bonus!

Overall I am so happy, I can honestly say I love my job! I work for a company who treat me well, I work for a company who are fair and I work for a company who are fun!

#proudBWSstaffmember.
Pros
Never go unappreciated!
Cons
Paper cuts is about all to be honest
Loved it.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laverton VIC21 January 2018
I worked with excellent staff members, made some good friends, the customers were amazing and I was able to learn so much about the retail industry. The staff that trained me originally became good friends and my bosses were extremely likeable. I was given the opportunity to work at other stores, which helped me learn how to deal with different environments and different customers too.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Some customers were jerks, but that's every job.
BWS Team assistant
staff member (current) Part time shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC18 January 2018
Great company to work for. BWS offer ongoing training, flexible hours, and will recognise your hard work. I would highly recommend for a place to work.
Pros
recognition, hours, flexible
Cons
Need to be fit to work load