BWS Employee Reviews

Good work environment, very flexible
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach QLD19 August 2018
Overall i'm very happy with my current job at BWS. The team is good, good work place and I really enjoy working there. My only 'issue' is that I want more hours during the day time as i'm currently only getting late night shifts.
It’s ok, if you love being alone and working this job if for you
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria14 August 2018
Good job if you really enjoy people & alcohol otherwise wouldn’t bother even if it is an easy job to get. Good money aswell for practically standing and scanning alcohol and then restocking empty shelves.
But I end up talking to wine bottles from boredom so beware *all depends on store if it’s a busy one though
Pros
Good money, Friendly Customers, Easy enough
Cons
Worrying about safety as your by yourself most of the time, Horrible customers who think they’re gods gift to the world, Extremely boring by yourself for hours
fun and challenging
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC20 July 2018
rewarding, challenging, ability to adapt, customer engagement, fun. a job were you use and utilise your own skills and abilities to achieve sales and better customer experience, be authentic and always learning.
Great place to work. Fun and busy work environment.
2IC (Current Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW20 July 2018
Great place to work. Fun and busy work environment. Great career advancement opportunities for hard workers. Fabulous staff and management . Regularly promotes from within, and mentors talented staff members
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Physically demanding at times.
yep
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 July 2018
great place tow rk has been while since i have worked there so a lot may have changed. only problem is you are left to run a store on your own. can't comment anymore.
reliable friendly company with good security
Liquor Assistant (Former Employee) –  perth, gold coast, dunsborough, margaret river10 June 2018
worked for bws for 10 years and made great friends and great contacts, would highly recommend to anyone chasing a secure rewarding career. Just don't film people stealing stuff and post it online if you wanna keep your job lol
Pros
alcohol product knowledge
Cons
dealing with thieves
family orientated fun place
Liquor Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW29 May 2018
I loved working with the staff here as we classed each other as family and were always there to help each other. the busy environment and great taste in music always made it interesting and fun
good wok environment
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD26 May 2018
Can be difficult to deal with intoxicated customers but otherwise a good place to work. Potential for armed hold ups but they are pretty rare. Good training though.
Pros
lots of discounts
Cons
6day week some times
Friendly people, both as a customer and when i was an employee.
Service assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland WA3 May 2018
I have shopped there in the past frequently and have always been satisfied with the service.
When i began work there, i found the methods of training to be very productive and informative.
A clean and well managed establishment, which i encourage others to take advantage of if they desire to develop a good work ethic.
Pros
Well managed and friendly staff
Cons
N/a
A stressful workplace
Customer Service/2IC (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC30 April 2018
the management and higher-ups at bws tended to be a bit hit-and-miss what do you got a good one or not especially since the managers get moved around. the work itself it's not that bad but the environment was toxic and left you more stressed out.
store manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 April 2018
bws can be a great place to work but it can also be a bit lonely.
ive learnt some good management skills though and the people that work at bws are pretty awesome.
good place to work
Drive Through Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodville SA9 April 2018
good place to work great opportunities to further your career
great team members good vision for the future for the company and staff and good work life balance
Great work environment
Suggestive selling (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW4 April 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at BWS. Great team to work with, hourly pay was good, extremely helpful in remaining flexible through a busy period in university.
Pros
Great team
Cons
N/a
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Western Australia2 April 2018
Managers and team members are great to work with. Very knowledgeable, encourages growth and support within company. Have good worth ethics. Enjoy meeting new people and getting to know the community.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dickson ACT6 March 2018
Good at working for Woolies, friendly co-workers, good managers.
Learned how to deal with very rude customers.
The hardest part of my Job is having to work evenings and not been able to see my family the three nights a week.
Pros
good pay for a part time job
Cons
have to stand up for long hours
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW25 February 2018
Good place to work. Typical day begins with customer service, filling, faceups and meeting variety of customers in fast paced customer service environment. Learned to provided responsible service of alcohol.
Pros
flexibility, meeting people, fun and supportive culture
Cons
less working hours
Fun, physical workplace environment
Sales Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Mudgee NSW12 February 2018
I really enjoyed working for BWS, was physical. I always worked with great people. I learned a lot working for BWS. I always thought i was looked after by management quite well. The only reason I stopped working there is because I wasn't getting a lot of work.
Pros
Physical
Cons
Not enough hours
Good flexible workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 February 2018
Working at Bws has its ups and downs. Its kind of a physical job (a lot of heaving lifting on load days) so you get a good workout from it. Its flexible if you have another job or studying. The hours are great, the store I'm at closes at 10pm so obviously no overnight or extremely late hours. Dealing with customers can go smoothly if you handle the situation with confidence= which is important with this job as you have to check ID. You learn so many different types of alcoholic beverages and through time you get familiar with most product knowledge. Management is okay but sometimes hours would get cut but most staff are really friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to recommend drinks to customers who aren't familiar with the drinks and every now and then getting this customers who are so lovely and make your day by actually treating you with kindness (If you work within Retail/Hospitality you know what I mean!)
Pros
Long hours=long breaks, Good salary, Multiple locations
Cons
Heavy lifting, A lot of product knowledge to remember/learn
Asks too much. Gives very little back
Salesman/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yass NSW4 February 2018
Not a good place to work. Just a place to get some experience. Expanded my sales abilities. But nothing further. Long hours expected. Breaks were few and far between. Don't comply with rule of law or regulations. Loathe to give holidays. Refuse to accept ideas for expansion or growth.
Sales Assitance
Sales Assistant, Woolworths Young (Current Employee) –  Young NSW4 February 2018
My work place is a happy, easy going enviroment where i have learnt incrediable communication skills and technological use and throughout that have discovered a love for customer rapport and giving out thorough information to other's in the best way i possibly could. However i have out grown my current career and am enthusiastic about taking on a more challanging line of work. Especially one that i am passionate about.
Pros
reliable income, friendly enviroment
Cons
non contracted hours