Byron Shire Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Byron Shire Council Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
My manager is a great person to work under. It is also a great place to work but work force limited to call on when issues arise.

Some of the workforce that I directly work with seem to have a non-commitment to a high work ethic (if you know what I mean). Morale is low due to on going work relationships and HR are non committal in ridding the bad apples. So its a constant battle to get someone to do something.
Pros
manager, location, area of work, diversity, opportunities
Cons
lazy workforce, limited workforce, upper management, Hr
Top heavy in management with complete contempt for ratepayers and outdoor staff.
Reactive rather than proactive

Organisation prioritizes financial gain over anything else including the provision of services to community
Very busy switch, approx. 190 calls/day were answered and directed to correct area/staff to assist callers. Other staff were very helpful when I had questions and generally very friendly. A great environment to work in.
My role at Byron Council is a very satisfying one which i enjoy very much.I have learned and gained plenty whilst working in this position.The best part of my daily routine is working with my team mates to accomplish our duties to the best of our abilities and in a safe manner.
I learnt a lot but I had to move on because I had to relocate to further my career
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough job variety and career paths
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Byron Shire Council. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4