CMA CGM Employee Reviews

je suis fier d'être un membre du CMA CGM
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Marseille (13)10 June 2019
Il est un leader mondial du transport maritime en conteneurs et le premier français.
Pros
3eme sur le rang mondial
Cons
Non
Not the best place to work
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 235021 June 2019
They like to provide a lot of fluff like most jobs during the hiring process, once you're in then you realize it was a big mistake.

There is a poor work life balance.....you have PTO but good luck trying to use it in most departments. Tons of favoritism....those people tend to be able to take off whenever you want. They expect you to work above and beyond your hours with no regard to what you have going on in your personal life. In departments like the equipment department employees are extremely burnt out and are constantly being delegated more role by their managers with not enough time in the day to complete the work. Expectations of what you should be accomplishing during the day are extremely unrealistic. You will work your butt off while your manage goes home early and they expect you to stay and cover.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
everything.
I understand why they’re always hiring!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA24 April 2019
This was probably the worst assignment I’ve ever been on. The upper manager I was assigned to was tremendously rude, and snarky. I dosed of in a training that I was thrown into, and had no idea what was even going on in the training and one of her colleagues told her I was flat out sleep, which was the furthest thing from the truth. So I explained to her that I had dozed off like a normal person, FYI, this 1 hr training turned into a 3 hour training, and I had no break prior to this training. But she barked at me so rudely, she raised her voice as if she were speaking to a child, and ended with DONT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!
Very stressful work environment
Various positions (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA8 April 2019
-I would work 9-10 hour days with no lunch.
-The company started taking a new approach and hiring people straight out of college instead of hiring within the group; people spend years trying to advance their career and lose out on opportunities now.
-Management was terrible; very bad at communication within the group and their expectations of you.
-Morale is horrible within the firm.
-The hardest part of the job was feeling bullied by my manager.
-The most enjoyable part of the job were the people around me.
Productive, youthful and fun working environment
Supervisor- Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Thành Phố Hồ Chí Minh22 March 2019
CMA CGM Vietnam is a productive, collaborative and fun working environment when people work smart and play hard. Many faithful peers spend long years of service at CMA CGM. Colleague relationship is very good as we hang out frequently in team building activities and social entertainment time.
Cma Cgm
Import documentation - executive (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra17 February 2019
Overall experience is good but salary is not satisfactory...
They deduct compulsory for transport and food whether you want or not.
Working environment is best
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
Salary iasue
Low pay, absurd workload, high turnover rate, poor management
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA16 February 2019
The best things about this company are PTO, benefits, gym (that you have no time to use unless you spend your lunchtime there or before or after work).
No work–life balance since most of the departments are short-staffed and the workload is excruciating. If you have a doctor's appointment, you need to make up the time you were gone.
Poor management and managers and directors could care less about your feedback and ideas.
HR could also care less about your complaints.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Optional Holidays
Cons
Poor management, excessive workload, low pay, no meetings or managers could care less about your ideas and feedback
Succesvol Frans Familiebedrijf
Vice President, APL Integration (Former Employee) –  Bouches-du-Rhône1 February 2019
Een bedrijfscultuur zeer centraal en niet transparant.
Tension
Directeur Administratif et Financier (Current Employee) –  Marseille (13)31 January 2019
Permanente - grandes forces de résilaition nécessaires
Ordinary Seaman (Former Employee) –  Constanța28 January 2019
Good thing is that you have internet on board , food is very good, very secure company to work with. Bad thing very low salary for ratings. Short period contracts.
Pros
Short period contracts, internet on board
Cons
ratings low wages
No work-life balance
Inbound Vessel Close Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA22 January 2019
Time is spent doing countless reports all day, and supervisors/managers are on our case to get everything done which is impossible. We are required overtime, but then we get questioned if we need to work more than the required 2 hour overtime per week. We have to take the day off if we need to take care of anything personal.
high pressure place with micromanagement
Commercial (Former Employee) –  Montreal5 January 2019
Good location in Montreal close to the metro, nice office facilities and good benefits plan.
Extremely dynamic environment, definitely not a place for daydreamers or slackers or sensitive types, you need a very
robust personality to survive in this place in a commercial role.

Leadership changes every two years with rotating managers from France, their main focus is on looking good in the eyes of Marseille headquarters, the leadership concept is a bit oldfashioned and is more obsessed with putting up a good show for HQ instead of the success of the mission or the performance of the team.

The commercial activity is split between a sales team and a trade team with the trade team always making all decisions, sales has zero power but gets blamed for any shortfall or underperformance.
This created a lot of tension and frustration during my time there.
Pros
nice office, average pay, good pension plan
Cons
limited chances for career within Canada
Used to be Great
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA30 December 2018
Always room for improvement. The good is great but the bad is bad. High turnover rate due to bad management and low morale. Work loads are heavy and something is always being communicated about imporovement while no actions take place.
Pros
Benefits, Gym
Cons
management, heavy workloads
They always provide us what we need..
Cook (Current Employee) –  Colombo6 December 2018
This is good company.. they provide us good food. Good accommodations. Entertainment. Good entertainment onboard .but next year i am going get marry then my life going to be a very difficult so i have to arn some more money .. this salary not enough for it.. but i loove this company ...
Play station , ping pong
Engine Cadet (Former Employee) –  Constanta21 November 2018
In our free time we played on play station, ping pong, backgammon, chess, we were watching movies,we were going to the pool, we were to the kitchen and cooked.
Pros
Free water, free food
Cons
Long breaks
Redundant and Boring
Export Premiere Representative (Former Employee) –  CMA CGM9 November 2018
Environment is very repetitive and boring. Managers act as if they are too good to interact with the employees and the managers make the supervisors handle everything. It is a call center environment. The management puts their needs before all else. Attendance policy is unreasonable. The VIP department gets blamed for everything. There were nice benefits. Most departments make $17-$20 an hour. No weekends. Just not a very interesting industry or place to work. Goodluck trying to move up, you have to wait 15months before you can apply to a different department.
Pros
Benefits, no weekends
Cons
Management, Workload, Very boring
Sponsorship & Support
Marine 4th Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne17 October 2018
This company give excellent support throughout the experience with full training and someone to supervise and give that support throughout the training.

The job itself was an experience.
Pros
Amazing Pay
Cons
Long months away from home.
Un univers passionnant
Chef de projet (Former Employee) –  Marseille (13)16 October 2018
L'opportunité de travailler sur des projets au sein d'une filière unique et passionnante : le transport maritime
Pros
Environnement excellent
Cons
Management pyramidal
Fast Pace, No structure
EXPORT SPECIALTY SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA10 September 2018
The job is nice for what it is. It pays very well which is why I know a lot of people stay. No culture at all and very boring. The place definitely needs some upgrading to management and they need to implement more things to get people involved at work.
Work Pressure
Executive (Former Employee) –  Mumbai31 August 2018
Very strict rules and regulations. Casuals are strictly not allowed and lots of work pressure.
They dont pay for overtime and management is poor. Salary is not enough
Pros
night shift allaowance and free transport
Cons
Low salary and over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMA CGM. Our community is ready to answer.