Cabrini Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cabrini Health Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews
Management are detached from day to day life on the ground
Team building encouraged but the plight of nurses ignored management do not understand the
Pros
Community oriented
Cons
Ruthless regarding loyal employees
The immediate team is great to work with however outside of the specific team there is a power pressure from upper management
The hardest part of the job is moving goal posts and not having the time to give to those that need it.
Lovely workplace, with a great team of people and nice environment. Not a great company for providing opportunities for advancement or work flexibility. Focus is mostly placed on nursing and physicians, with smaller departments often overlooked.
Working on a night duty with the ratio of 1:10 patients without any extra hands proved to be challenging. Especially when you have high falls risk and confused or delirious patients.
This situation is worsened by one or two patients becoming very ill and requiring urgent medical review which would consumes most your time on that or those particular patients whilst the rest of patients are left unattended.
Pros
Staff kitchen, free drinks and access to off street parking for those who haven't got staff parking lots.
Cons
Starting night shift at 2130 and finishing at 07:30 AM, and starting a morning shift at 07:00 and finish at 15:30. Long wait for staff parking lots.
Have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Cabrini. Management have been helpful and supportive. There is a strong focus on process improvement which is great. The Organisation is very professional and continually evolving which presents many opportunities for change and learning. What you put in you will get out.
Pros
Supportive management and ongoing development opportunities
it is really great working Cabrini i have learned lots of skills while working and able to enhance my skills in patient services. It is great to work their if you are a uni student as it has very flexible hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not many shifts during holiday period
Wanted to apply for a position at Cabrini online, but the registration process is such a disfunctioning experience I moved on. Get your act together Cabrini! That's the way online forms worked 10 years ago!
My working experiences in my current job have given me a lot of confidence and learn how to work as a team co operate with one another and be always active give attention to your job
Worked there for three years as soon as I started to question things was "gently" eased out, life just being made that little bit more difficult. If you fit then no problems very cliquey and in the speciality I worked in the Manager has the least experience of all but was a Cabrini favourite,
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Cliquey
Cabrini has undergone many changes over the past year, most of which have meant shedding staff at an alarming rate. This has watered down the healthcare service it gives to it's patients. Unfortunately staff have been treated disrespectfully and many have heard about these changes at the last minute and have had to reapply for their jobs at a moments notice, then been told they're being axed. Many staff have children and ongoing financial commitments and the way these redundancies have been communicated to staff have been underhanded and disgraceful in my opinion. I do not believe that this hospital puts it's patients first. Whilst Senior Management sit on over inflated wage packets, the staff who actually work with patients with life-threatening diseases are disregarded at a moments notice and are not even thanked for their years of hard work and service given. Cabrini is the only company I have ever know that makes it's staff pay for their own Christmas party! Shameful
An average day would be picking up parts at the office for various repair jobs, driving (sometimes up to 500km a day) repairing pc's printers or whatever. Good to work for locally
Cons
no proper training
Great place. Fantastic UM. I found the ward staff al worked together as a team and enjoyed doing so. The eResources and plans were easy to work with and efficient. Most of all the residents were fond of the staff.
An excellent workplace with plenty of opportunities, safe work environment, great team to work with and supportive management to provide safe and quality patient care.