Cabrini Health

19: Cabrini Health Employee Reviews

Australia19 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Community feel

Management are detached from day to day life on the ground Team building encouraged but the plight of nurses ignored management do not understand the

Pros

Community oriented

Cons

Ruthless regarding loyal employees

Super supportive, amazing team at Cabrini!

Often fast paced with the occasional "quiet" shift, assisting ortho patients in meeting their goals to get home and living more indapendently. People are so suportive, friendly and approachable. Hardest part of the job is sayiong goodbye to patients that you have been looking after for so long but is also the most enjoyable part as you build come to know your patients and become friends with them.

Mission and values based organisation, that has excellent leadership

Cabrini has clear organisational core values that are communicated effectively to all staff. It is a positive workplace where all are valued, supported and nurtured. It has a leadership and management style that encourages teamwork with open and honest communication. Feedback is welcomed and taken on board. There are generous opportunities for continued learning and progression.Goals are positively reinforced, and achievements are recognised and celebrated, creating a positive feeling in the workplace.

Pros

Sense of belonging and purpose

Cons

Fantastic organisation to work for

Cabrini holds its values in the forefront of their work ethic and presentation. Outstanding organisation to work for with supportive and engaging colleagues. Great work-life balance and fantastic long term career goals available. I highly recommend this as a place of work.

Collaborative, supportive and friendly

I have worked at Cabrini for 13 years. I feel very welcome at Cabrini, the staff are friendly and supportive. It is a great place to work and the mission and values are visible in staff interactions.

Pros

Friendly staff

A truly values driven and rewarding organisation

Having worked at several big corporate organisations, I transitioned to Cabrini with ease. Leaders generally value their people and the need for professional development. The Cabrini values are genuinely demonstrated and expected of all employees. The pace during the pandemic was dynamic but remained respectful and collaborative, which was a truly rewarding experience.

My new carer with Cabrini Health

I've only just joined Cabrini in our People and Culture team. From the start of applying and interviewing the team, Cabrini has been excellent. I am so excited to start my new career with Cabrini Health.

Pros

Salary Packaging, Carer progression, Culture

Overview

The immediate team is great to work with however outside of the specific team there is a power pressure from upper management The hardest part of the job is moving goal posts and not having the time to give to those that need it.

Lovely people and environment with limitations

Lovely workplace, with a great team of people and nice environment. Not a great company for providing opportunities for advancement or work flexibility. Focus is mostly placed on nursing and physicians, with smaller departments often overlooked.

Cabrini prioritises staff welness and clients satisfaction.

Working on a night duty with the ratio of 1:10 patients without any extra hands proved to be challenging. Especially when you have high falls risk and confused or delirious patients. This situation is worsened by one or two patients becoming very ill and requiring urgent medical review which would consumes most your time on that or those particular patients whilst the rest of patients are left unattended.

Pros

Staff kitchen, free drinks and access to off street parking for those who haven't got staff parking lots.

Cons

Starting night shift at 2130 and finishing at 07:30 AM, and starting a morning shift at 07:00 and finish at 15:30. Long wait for staff parking lots.

Rewarding Career with a Great Organisation

Have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Cabrini. Management have been helpful and supportive. There is a strong focus on process improvement which is great. The Organisation is very professional and continually evolving which presents many opportunities for change and learning. What you put in you will get out.

Pros

Supportive management and ongoing development opportunities

productive and very multicultural friendly

it is really great working Cabrini i have learned lots of skills while working and able to enhance my skills in patient services. It is great to work their if you are a uni student as it has very flexible hours.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

not many shifts during holiday period

Very poor online registration system

Wanted to apply for a position at Cabrini online, but the registration process is such a disfunctioning experience I moved on. Get your act together Cabrini! That's the way online forms worked 10 years ago!

enjoyed the job

My working experiences in my current job have given me a lot of confidence and learn how to work as a team co operate with one another and be always active give attention to your job

Not a place to work if you have experience!

Worked there for three years as soon as I started to question things was "gently" eased out, life just being made that little bit more difficult. If you fit then no problems very cliquey and in the speciality I worked in the Manager has the least experience of all but was a Cabrini favourite,

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Cliquey

A Company That Doesn't Value it's Employees

Cabrini has undergone many changes over the past year, most of which have meant shedding staff at an alarming rate. This has watered down the healthcare service it gives to it's patients. Unfortunately staff have been treated disrespectfully and many have heard about these changes at the last minute and have had to reapply for their jobs at a moments notice, then been told they're being axed. Many staff have children and ongoing financial commitments and the way these redundancies have been communicated to staff have been underhanded and disgraceful in my opinion. I do not believe that this hospital puts it's patients first. Whilst Senior Management sit on over inflated wage packets, the staff who actually work with patients with life-threatening diseases are disregarded at a moments notice and are not even thanked for their years of hard work and service given. Cabrini is the only company I have ever know that makes it's staff pay for their own Christmas party! Shameful

great local manager but no proper training on products -

An average day would be picking up parts at the office for various repair jobs, driving (sometimes up to 500km a day) repairing pc's printers or whatever. Good to work for locally

Cons

no proper training

Great people

Great place. Fantastic UM. I found the ward staff al worked together as a team and enjoyed doing so. The eResources and plans were easy to work with and efficient. Most of all the residents were fond of the staff.

An excellent work place.

An excellent workplace with plenty of opportunities, safe work environment, great team to work with and supportive management to provide safe and quality patient care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabrini Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Cabrini Health with