Cairns Private Hospital Employee Reviews

Family orientated great leadership
Theatre Bookings Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD26 April 2017
I have worked for Ramsay Health for the past 11 years.

I first worked at Greenslopes Private Hospital in Brisbane and then my husband got a transfer to Cairns as he is in the Navy.

A typical day at work here at the Cairns private consists of booking patients in for theatre finding extra theatre lists for surgeons informing all areas of extra cases

I have an extremely approachable manager who is very considerate and understanding of family needs on the work side he is totally understanding of the pressures of this job and helps where he can, also stands up for his staff at appropriate times and his leadership is of a high standard in all situations and uses the appropriate leadership style for each and every staff member.

The workplace culture in theatre most times is positive and everyone works together extremely well in difficult situations and there is always praise.

The hardest part of this job is ensuring my time management is of a high standard, multitasking is a must and dealing with people of all different personalities and have effective communication skills.

I enjoy all aspects of this position and feel I achieve great satisfaction on a daily basis
Pros
Family friendly, supportive organisation, opportunity and growth
Busy, interesting
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD20 May 2016
12 hour night shifts very busy for the first 5 hours and last 2 hours, then just busy in between.
Researched and learned about sleep and sleep disorders
Management often not helpful as they new very little about the nightly running of the unit
Did not work with co-workers, but needed to hand over them at end of my 6 nights on. Needed to be good at communication to achieve a harmonious work place
Working on my own and length of shift
Getting to know a wide variety of people and being able to genuinely make a big difference to how they feel on a daily basis, very rewarding position
Pros
Penalties
Cons
Long shifts, solitude
organised company
records clerk (Former Employee) –  Cairns, QLD20 November 2014
wonderful staff, management was on track with everything and organising files and charts is something i am good at. it is a dream job of mine to work as a records clerk.
Pros
keeping files safe
Cons
losing files