Cairns Private Hospital Employee Review

View all Cairns Private Hospital reviews

organised company
records clerk (Former Employee) –  Cairns, QLD20 November 2014
wonderful staff, management was on track with everything and organising files and charts is something i am good at. it is a dream job of mine to work as a records clerk.
Pros
keeping files safe
Cons
losing files

Other Cairns Private Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work place and co-workers. Ward management aproachable helpful fair
Orthopaedic Ward Administration (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD8 August 2017
Day starts with organising patient reports and handover sheets for Doctors and Nurses, It is my experience both in private practice and the hospital ward that if you are prepared to get in and do what is needed to get jobs done then this makes the work place a much friendlier enviornment for all.Then everyone on shifts are friendly and helpful.
Management always involved. Staff are very involved in internal and external social activities.
The hardest part of the job is seeing the patients level of anxiety toward their illness, and their lack of capacity to request help.

The best part of our job is the satisfaction you feel working with a team to help bring a patient to the best possible outcome in their stay in your hospital and the look you see on their face when they realise that they are going to be alright.
Pros
Free lunches, Tickets to local football games. yearly childrens Xmas party
Cons
Nothing that is worth stressing about really
Family orientated great leadership
Theatre Bookings Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD26 April 2017
I have worked for Ramsay Health for the past 11 years.

I first worked at Greenslopes Private Hospital in Brisbane and then my husband got a transfer to Cairns as he is in the Navy.

A typical day at work here at the Cairns private consists of booking patients in for theatre finding extra theatre lists for surgeons informing all areas of extra cases

I have an extremely approachable manager who is very considerate and understanding of family needs on the work side he is totally understanding of the pressures of this job and helps where he can, also stands up for his staff at appropriate times and his leadership is of a high standard in all situations and uses the appropriate leadership style for each and every staff member.

The workplace culture in theatre most times is positive and everyone works together extremely well in difficult situations and there is always praise.

The hardest part of this job is ensuring my time management is of a high standard, multitasking is a must and dealing with people of all different personalities and have effective communication skills.

I enjoy all aspects of this position and feel I achieve great satisfaction on a daily basis
Pros
Family friendly, supportive organisation, opportunity and growth