CALIBRE
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CALIBRE Employee Reviews

Always different work sites,great people and made great friends. Well worth trying to get a job with them they are in the western suburbs of Melbourne .
Pros
Fun, good staff.
Cons
long days
> A typical day at work: Management role - dialy goals/focus, sales, customer service, high cleaning focus, training, stock, transfers/consols, answering the phone nd responding to emails, weekly VM changes, tills, EOD and monthly spreadsheets. > What you learned: Furthered my retail experience working with higher end product. > Management: Poor higher management that was under qualified or inexperienced in their roles. Rarely spent time in stores during store visits, taking extended lunch and shopping breaks. Rarely visited stores that were not CBD based. Poor communication and follow through, in regards to hiring and developing staff - resulting in teams being constantly under or overstaffed and the highest turn over of employees I have ever seen at any company. Extremely unprofessional with what I would consider to be workplace bullying- openly talking about other employees in a negative light during discussion, both in person or over the phone, while visiting stores. Other employees would regularly hear this which caused a poor culture and issues within stores and teams. > Workplace culture: As there is no HR team, if employees had an issue directly or indirectly involving higher management, they were not confortable to discuss/ had no one else to communicate these issues with. > Hardest part of the job: Trying to stay motivated and motivate my team with lack of appreciation and support from higher management. Despite regulalry saying we should celebrate small wins - when my store hit or exceeded budgets/KPI's there was either little or no congratulation/acknowledgement, - more...
Calibre cafe in the city? Lack of management Unfriendly and rude boss Lack of communication Toxic environment vibes No lunch break for staffs The boss never done his promise to his staffs and treated his workers awfully after they told him they wanted to quit, such an unprofessional manner.
management failed me, didn't train me on tills until my 5th shift, lost personal sales due to being unable to put through my individual sales. found most team member were cold and not very welcoming. easy job.
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
cold colleagues
As with all organisations I have been gainfully employed by, I have found that the teams are great, not just personality, but their willingness to share their knowledge to ensure work goals are met.
Pros
Great managaemnt support
Cons
projects did not last long enough
Working under the Calibre brand has given me a greater appreciation for how quality clothing can provide a positive impact on customers. I constantly receive visits from managers and visual merchandisers who have a real passion for what they do, which gives me an incredible drive to work at the best of my abilities.
Interesting and proactive way to see what your local council(s) has to offer. I was looking to greatly enhance and build on my experience, skills and knowledge in the area of Civil Engineering which I am greatly interested in due the diverse area this profession covers. I got the chance to further enhance my technical skill set and network with other professionals in the industry.
Pros
Interesting variety of work.
Cons
City traffic.
Calibre showed and encouraged communication between employees and management. A common area with coffee machine pool table and TV. Doors always open policy and a genuine listening ethos
Pros
Team Struture
Cons
N/a
Its a great place to work, good culture, good product and just a good company. Managment was great! All of the co-workers got along well. The best part of the job was working with such a great product.
Great workplace loved going to work everyday didn't really know what the day would bring, only a small work group and we all got along great and the supervisor was very good any issues would be sorted pretty quickly
was a fun place to work but as i was new the promises i was told were not followed through with
The work place was excellent, workload was handled well and you were not required to work outside your comfort zone.
Pros
Excellent conditions
Cons
None to mention