Caltex Australia Employee Reviews

Toxic, bullying management
CSA (Former Employee) –  Perth WA3 April 2019
No one takes responsibility in this company, they just pass the buck until it falls on the lowest person. Constant derogatory comments and a complete disregard for employee health and safety.
Pros
Good Pay rate
Cons
Toxic workplace
Caltex lubricants brisbane
Oils Lubricants warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lytton QLD22 March 2019
Traning minimal showing you once is enough they say accidents are acceptable but I don't think so droped 43 out of 48 drums week 2 an accident om sure that's y I'm not there any more not sure but accidents will happen amd that's what they told me but I don't believe it as the job has gone back up on indeed just warning ppl.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Low traning
Productive and fun to work, helps you to gain knowledge and make you more competitive
CSA (Current Employee) –  Perth WA22 January 2019
Been working for caltex for more than three year, it’s my pleasure to work with them where I learned a lot and which helped me to build myself stronger. Teaches me how to manage and organise things gives you a professional touches.
Pros
Very flexible timings
Cons
Not much
No Comments
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA9 January 2019
No comments will be made concerning my previous employer - I do not subscribe to making comment good, bad or indifferent to allow my access to a jobboard.
A fun job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Pendle Hill NSW30 October 2018
It was a fun job, but just not enough hours for me available. Staff were fun and supportive as well as management, they were always on hand any time of the day to help out.
Pros
Good training, fun staff, supportive management
Cons
Occasionally rude customers, over night shift
Good Work Environment
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kogarah NSW29 October 2018
The workplace culture in Caltex is really good for casual employees. There is constructive feedback on your work which encourages you to put your best foot forward. The stores directly under the caltex management have better work environment than the franchises.
Great business exposure, national company
Consumer Sales Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 October 2018
Good place to work, a big advantage of being an fully integrated downstream business means you can work in different areas and the jobs are varied and interesting eg at the refinery / terminal / logistics / commercial and Retail

Travelling national and international was a real attraction.
Pros
large exposure to bsuiness
Cons
long hours and on call 24/ 7 depending on your job
productive and learning in a professional way about work is more benefit
Console Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria17 October 2018
i learned a lot about time management in work and punchuality in work, good discipline in work and interacted with the good customers is a enjoyable part in caltex.
Independent Consultanting Contractor
Portfolio Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Lytton Refinery17 October 2018
No comment concerning the work environment.

Employed as an independent contractor to provide project management and project engineering services.
The majority of the Caltex Project Organistation's taskforce are subcontractors.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia14 October 2018
It was a great place to work over there. A very professional and friendly environment where I made many good friends. I also got to learn a lot over there.
Reputated company
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunbury VIC23 September 2018
As in this country I learned how to provide best customer service so need to unite with type of company and chances to expand more knowledge about service and then joined Woolworths company after this
Fantastic position
Console Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toormina NSW15 September 2018
Great boss awesome manager fantastic position never had any issues while working night shift.
Hours suited perfectly and boss was very helpful.
Great pay rates
Stuck on register, Manager never looked happy
CSA (Former Employee) –  Longwarry North VIC14 September 2018
I worked as a CSA for 3 weeks, during the 3 weeks my shifts were all over from one day morning to graveyard to afternoons. Other staff were ok, the manager never looked happy and never seen her smile in 3 weeks. The assistant manager was no better, they both were taking off for smoke breaks all the time. Just standing at register was boring. And when there was a drive off, if you didn’t get the rego number the manager got angry. For a servo there cameras didn’t work. Just absolutely hated it, would not recommend to anybody. After 3 weeks l was glad to leave.Couldnt even give you one free coffee on a 8 hour shift!
Pros
Cons
Standing for long hours, miserable manager
not a good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Armidale NSW10 September 2018
Not a lot of communication from head office. Get told worng info all the time, No Carefor there staff as cutting hrs constantly but announce billions of dollars profit
fun easygoing work place
Console operator (Former Employee) –  Yarrabilba QLD5 September 2018
Working at this particular caltex was abit bumpy here and ther but overall a great place to work with great staff. I will miss working there with the team.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no longer work there by my choice :(
Despicable
CSA (Former Employee) –  Perth3 September 2018
They treat their part time staff like cheap casuals. They don't hold their agreements and the harassment I have witnessed on two sites was appalling. Don't even think about trying to stand up for your rights either. As my manager explained to me: "You are just a number, they'll get rid of you". They also make you do training in your own time, completely unpaid and you will face disciplinary action if you don't.
Pros
You will meet some genuinely nice people.
Cons
They will break every agreement, Their whistleblowing service is just a glorified messaging service for upper management, If you become a problem they will force you to quit or just fire you.
Great training
Retail Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 August 2018
The training provided was the best I have ever experienced, very in depth. The trainers took their time to make sure they knew each and every trainee. They knew everyone's weakness's and strengths and made sure that your individual training kept you up with the rest of the class.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long Hours
Would Rather Pick Up Cans To Sell
Time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2018
Unrealistic expectations, expect you to work with minimal staff and rarely get a lunch break. Area managers never have your back and the pay is horrid
Cons
money, down time, management
Terrific culture and work life balance
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Drysdale VIC19 August 2018
Couldn't ask for a better place to work. Work life balance is great. Management is terrific. Everyone is aware of their duties. So sneaky missing duties.
Pros
Peace of mind.
Cons
Nothing.
great learning experiance
Store Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 August 2018
it was great to work for a highly professional company with a very strong customer service support. It was a hard working environment but very enjoyable working culture.
Pros
ongoing training