Caltex Australia Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Uncomfortable Workplace
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 August 2017
You go through an induction course before starting. However once you actually start the job its very different and nothing as you learned. I am not comfortable sharing too much publicly. However it is not a reliable job, your left on your own quite a lot and blamed for the actions of customers not being able to pay or drive off.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
48 hour in advance rosters, Missed meal breaks, Unfair meal break times, No team work, hard communication, unreliable, blamed for customers actions
Great opportunities
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 July 2017
A great company to work for, like the long hours and have never had any troubes with the management or fellow co workers.
Look forward to working for the company again
Great Place
Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 October 2016
I had 10 years with Caltex as i worked my way from shop floor then to be a leader. I learnt safety and to work as a team.
I was made redundant and now i am willing to try a new career, As i was young i always wanted to do carpentry.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Full time
Good company
Materials Management Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 November 2015
Good company to work for. Strong diversity and learning culture.
The people at Caltex are the most important asset to the company.
Fun and excitiong to work at
Customer service operator (Former Employee) –  Slacks Creek brisbane25 November 2014
Come into work happy and had a wonderful busy day.
You learn something new everyday
The management was terrific to work with taught me a lot
Co-workers always helpful and friendly worked well as a team
Hardest Part of Job no job is to hard I did not have a hardest part of the job
Enjoyable part of job was just going to work with a great bunch of people and meeting new customers everyday
Pros
Awesome xmas parties
Cons
worked extra hours and did not mind
Familiar Envirnment
Piping Designer, Checker, AutoCad, Navisworks. (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD12 November 2014
Good experience, Friendly co-workers. Interesting and challenging projects.
Busy workplace, provides good customer service
Junior - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Waterford West, QLD, Logan/Brisbane30 August 2014
My day basic involved keeping the entire environment clean and the shelves and fridges stocked.

I learned how to work unsupervised.

Management was supportive.

Co-workers where friendly when I spoke to them, I normally worked with just me and a manager.

The hardest part of my job was picking up the rubbish outside out the store around the pump and on the grass areas because its what took the most time.

The part I liked most about my Job was serving, helping and greeting customers.
Pros
Good pay rate for my age at the time.
Cons
Not enough hours provided.
What I've particularly enjoyed is the Project Services team for their friendship, support and guidance I’ve engaged in over the last 6 years.
Project Administrator-CAPEX (Construction) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD27 August 2014
Average work environment
Junior - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Waterford West, Brisbane, QLD15 July 2014
i was left stocking shelves and cleaning pumps. i didn't get the chance to ;earn anything i didn't already know as i was only there for 3 months.
Pros
close to home and public transport
Cons
very little shifts
Creative team with healthy atmosphere
console operator (Former Employee) –  Woolloongabba,Brisbane, QLD10 March 2014
It was my training day where i have to start from scratch. During this period of time i have learned how interact with difficulties and challenges. The best part of my job is our team we all work as a part of family with the help and support of our team the toughest and hardest work is done in simple way. The most enjoyable part of the job is to put smile on the face of the customer when they are tired,stressed,exhaust............ i loved doing that.
Pros
working in a team with healthy atmosphere
Cons
There was nothing to do at site staff just went for a walk or just sat outside and talked.
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane8 January 2013
Caltex was my first job in Australia. I learnt a lot i had a great manager and all training was done by the book,no short cuts at Caltex training was enjoyable
I was taught reading of dips and meters how to do water paste testing, what to do in an emergency, all behind the counter work such as console manual cards eftpos, balancing of tills at end of shift.
Bakery was something that kept changing all the time and it was great to have new challenges. I got on good with my co workers we respected each other and helped each other. Hardest part of the job was keeping an eye out for drive offs, it happened and it was really a bad day when you got a drive off. I really enjoyed everything working at Caltex the reason i left i needed a change.
Pros
provided own food if i was entitled to a break
Cons
worked hours given