Caltex Australia Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

magic car wash
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 November 2017
Normally my day starts at 6.30 . i need to get ready and suppose to catch the bus by time so i can reach the job by 9 o clock. In the weekends we normally have more number of cars so the work load will be very high in the weekends but in normal week days we work hardly for 3 to 4 hours. coming to the pay it is very less 15 dollars per hour which is very small when compared with the work we do. there are many subdivisions in the job the toughest part is the tyres cleaning where a person is supposed to get down and up for so many times and it brings lot of pain at the backbone.
Pros
there are no pros in this job
Cons
hectic work in the weekends despite of same normal pay
Great enviourment with great people.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 March 2017
Working at Caltex was most times very predictable. A normal day would consist of laying out the fresh food while serving customers. When it got a bit quiet then restock the shelves and place orders. There was always something that needed cleaning and whenever the till would get over the max amount we would have to do a safe drop. The management was really helpful and friendly as were the employees. The hardest part was dealing with people who stole petrol, having to get their number plates and report it was extremely inconvenient. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and seeing favorite customers.
nice work place and attractive menu.
Assistant store Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 October 2016
I have a good, fun and jovial colleagues. Despite all the challenges the opportunity was really good for my profession and there was a great people but the company is really struggling from getting projects. hardest part of the job is working for long hours.
Pros
free cab services, food coupons
Cons
long days
Working environment is good
Part time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 October 2016
Got enough training and Good work experience. The environmental conditions also good but we need to adjust the time frame for every work because the work load is high.
Very basic Job
Front worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne2 May 2016
The job itself is fine as well as the opportunity to meet new people and to work with new people. Management itself does not give me respect and that is the one thing i do not appreciate
Pros
....
Cons
Salary is well below average for a 19 year old working 20 + hours per week
middle of the line
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  melbourne11 March 2015
After working for this company for 8 years its a shame that the job security wasn't there any more, other than that it was a great job.
Productive and friendly nature
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbelfield,Melbourne,victoria22 February 2015
working in the field of customer service has increased and lifted my behaviour and approach as a human-being towards the fellow-beings....And I always treated my customers as myself, that is, how i expect and want to be treated as a customer..So this approach excelled me in providing better customer service ,so that our organisation never had to go down in their business...at the same time i always made sure that i work with my colleagues as a team and our friendly approach and team spirit brought the success not only to the company i worked for, but also for every members of the organisation...I always believe in the 'mantra' that, ''no customers no business"...So cherish our customer as much as you can , so that that customer won't forget to come back to the same store he visited on the previous day...
its amazing to work lots of learning .....how to be patience its over all superb
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  melbourne ,footscary ,victoria2 January 2015
I think there are no typical days for me ..but my typical day is that i got informed from a hospital that my friend met with an accident , at that moment i felt guilty that i can't see my friend at that moment it is my worst and typical day when i was in work.
i have many things in my work for example how to be patient at the time when the people irritate you asking so many questions , how to treat disabled persons ,how to speak and what to do in society ,what not to do.
my management is the best management that i had never seen in my work experience ,they order the products what we are necessary and they treat as thier friends by helping us in some sought of health problems and so
i shoud not say they are my co-workers they are my friends .they helped me to how to manage work + service .They are one part of my success.
The hardest part of the job is speaking with the persons who has drunk and do mess in the work.
My most enjoyable part of my job is customer service and refelling the confectionaries
Pros
working here is advantage
Customer Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC2 July 2014
I am doing a job of Customer Care Assistant at Caltex Star Mart, normally i do a shift of 8 hours 4 days a week. I learned here how to do well care of customers. Management here is good and co staff is very supportive. Most hardest part of the job is when some customers tried to drive off with out paying and you have to stop them to avoid drive off normally it happens daily on the other hand most interesting part of the job is the dealing with variety of customers.
systematic and well management.
Customer Service and Retailer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne vic2 May 2014
i have learned how to handle the situation and management was very good , the co workers are very friendly . the hardest job is working with the guy who has nil experience about the field . enjoyable part is that working together hardly.
Unrewarding Position
Higher Duty Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC14 March 2014
A typical day at work was cleaning and restocking the store as well as serving customers.

I learnt alot about customer service. conflict resolution, staff management, and administration from this position.

Management was adequate and friendly most of the time although with my senior experience I found it difficult to work in a lesser role.

I got along very well with all my my co-workers and they were disappointed that I chose to leave.

Hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time without a break and not having the opportunity to eatn or go to the bathroom as you were on your own which made it difficult at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with friendly customers and building good relationships.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Long Hours, No Breaks, No Career Advancement
fun and cool experience is good
console operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 August 2013
working in caltex star mart is good and job satisfaction my position is console operator and i also sweeping mopping cleaning the store changing the planogram every month i have learned greeting the people and farewell them telling about the promotions make them satisfy as much as i can management was ok but not up to the mark some times i also working for assistant manager when my boss went out of country a one month ago it was happen i used to manage arrange shifts for every one stock taking, fuel delivery at that time used to work for 15hours a day the funny part in my job it was happened two weeks ago we all went to mount apline we take off for our job and the interesting part our manager is also there with his family and discussing the same stuff
Pros
break fast lunch snacks dinner