Caltex Australia Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Toxic, bullying management
CSA (Former Employee) –  Perth WA3 April 2019
No one takes responsibility in this company, they just pass the buck until it falls on the lowest person. Constant derogatory comments and a complete disregard for employee health and safety.
Pros
Good Pay rate
Cons
Toxic workplace
Productive and fun to work, helps you to gain knowledge and make you more competitive
CSA (Current Employee) –  Perth WA22 January 2019
Been working for caltex for more than three year, it’s my pleasure to work with them where I learned a lot and which helped me to build myself stronger. Teaches me how to manage and organise things gives you a professional touches.
Pros
Very flexible timings
Cons
Not much
Despicable
CSA (Former Employee) –  Perth3 September 2018
They treat their part time staff like cheap casuals. They don't hold their agreements and the harassment I have witnessed on two sites was appalling. Don't even think about trying to stand up for your rights either. As my manager explained to me: "You are just a number, they'll get rid of you". They also make you do training in your own time, completely unpaid and you will face disciplinary action if you don't.
Pros
You will meet some genuinely nice people.
Cons
They will break every agreement, Their whistleblowing service is just a glorified messaging service for upper management, If you become a problem they will force you to quit or just fire you.
Customer service with much more responsible behaviour
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth WA23 November 2017
One of the best working experience I have ever achieved. I even find challenging experiences dealing with real life situations and always been in exposure to a multicultural interaction.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Work alone at night
A easy going job
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 February 2017
I am currently at this job and the only thing I have to say is, this job would suit students (overseas or on a study visa) who are seeking extra income while studying.

I am only at this job because I have failed to expand my horizons on a new challenge thus far.

The work is easy and customer service is the main aim of this job.

However, you will need to be prepared to meet all types of customers, who either impact your performance positively or negatively, depending on how far you let these customers get to you. Sadly, this is the nature of this job. End of the day your job is to take whatever treatment you get from customers and accept anything your boss is tells you. Because the bottom line is you are just a number.
A nice place to work at and friendly environment
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth WA1 June 2016
Good place to develop a career in customer services. Nice work environment, flexible hours and better hourly wages with promotional incentives.
Working at Caltex
Console Operator (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA28 January 2016
I was a part time employee with Caltex fuel station. I worked there while pursuing my MBA.

Working at Caltex was always fun. Nice boss, nice co-workers. Job there was very easy and fun-filled.

I was mostly given the task of customer service. Other tasks included fuel entry, stock take and stocking.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
had to work on the weekends
Different
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA21 February 2015
A working holiday in Perth. Good people there, management, staff, customers. Different working style there. Didn't enjoy the night/graveyard shift.
Cons
Shifts
Good learning environment
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth24 November 2014
Fast paced,educated in convenience store operations state wide.Great training in top IT computer engines and fuel management,occupational health and safety.Speed of service and efficency reviews completed for service standards.
Pros
Gift card rewards on upsold items per month
Cons
Late hours, workplace stress not enough work time.
Challenging but good job satisfaction
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA17 November 2014
Served customers paying for petrol or groceries, unloaded deliveries, refilled shelves with stock, facing the shop and cleaning to make shop look nice. We won shop of the year in 2014.
cashing up at end of shift. Training new staff. Interacting with customers, many of whom were regulars, generally giving the customer a good overall experience.
Pros
Good pay, nice environment and incentives
An enjoyble workplace to be in
Higher Duties Console Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Clarkson Perth Western Australia6 July 2014
I would come in first thing in the morning and get myself ready for the day. I would set myself up for the shift change and fuel price change. Once that was complete i would get on serving the customers till the next staff member arrived. I would then go stock fridge do a site walk and any other jobs that needed to be done. I learned alot in the years i worked there and i always got along with staff and mangers. The enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the interesting customers that would come in everyday. There was always something that needs to done when working in an enviroment like caltex.
friendly atmoshphere
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Perth ( Australia )1 July 2014
A typical day for me whne i do opening shift,
i learned more from my work which is useful me in future
is a good management and freiendly nature
my staff is very helpful to each othere
most enjoyable part at my work when it was busy we enjoy by working in busy days
Pros
free chips & coffee in breaks
Cons
long shifts
Productivity, Fun loving work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  perth7 December 2012
I use to start From 11 to morning 6 am. Everything was fine in the beginning but due to the night shifts, my life balance began to disturb. Working with the caltex i learned more about customer service and management. my co-worker were friendly and easy going, they made me feel comfortable which helped me in learning the things fast.