Caltex Australia Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Great training
Retail Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 August 2018
The training provided was the best I have ever experienced, very in depth. The trainers took their time to make sure they knew each and every trainee. They knew everyone's weakness's and strengths and made sure that your individual training kept you up with the rest of the class.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long Hours
Would Rather Pick Up Cans To Sell
Time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2018
Unrealistic expectations, expect you to work with minimal staff and rarely get a lunch break. Area managers never have your back and the pay is horrid
Cons
money, down time, management
great learning experiance
Store Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 August 2018
it was great to work for a highly professional company with a very strong customer service support. It was a hard working environment but very enjoyable working culture.
Pros
ongoing training
Cons
Can be busy, can also be boring, you will learn a lot in customer service
Customer Service Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 July 2018
Customer interactions are very quick. There is a lot to do, depending on the site. It can get very busy, and you may need to stare at a wall for a seconds just to take a break but it can also be really quiet and cruisy.

Lots of on the job learning. I learnt a lot about customer service, and about how I interact with others as well. My communication skills have improved because as time goes on you feel less hesitation to ask people questions and you meet a myriad of personalities. Cleaning skills will also improve immensely.

The management are quite good, but they are also dumped with a lot of work, so they're not very relaxed, and this can make it tough when you have a problem or you need to ask for their help.

The workplace culture is very respectful. Everyone teaches everyone else. My co-workers have always had patience, I've never felt inferior or been spoken 'down' to. The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking between serving customers and managing the shop floor. There can be a lot to do, and a half an hour unpaid break on a 8 hour shift, is not enough to re-energize.

The best part of the job is the people you work with and the customers. I've only had a handful of rude customers. Its really satisfying to work with someone you get a long with, and have customers who are interested in you as well.
Pros
50c coffees, you can leave the premises on you're break, easy to swap shifts, ask for more shifts or less.
Cons
No fuel discounts (a lot of people wonder), cleaning toilets, work load can be a lot within 8 hours, very physical, lots of cleaning
Nice people mostly
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 April 2018
Large company making it interesting place with lots of variety. Much turnover of staff can cause some troubles with experience and continuity though overall enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Petrol discount
Cons
Located at the backend of town
Its fun to work there.
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 April 2018
its a nice and cool place to work. learnt many things and enhanced skills in different professions.this has a supermarket in it which benefits a lot to our customers as well to us.
Wanting to keep private
Customer Service/ Fuel Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 February 2018
Wanting to keep private. I do not wish to write a review on Caltex Australia. My job title and role is clearly described in my resume and a contact within Caltex given as a reference
Fast paced
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 August 2017
Our General Manager said we are not having fun.

Forever changing working environment due to company restructure every 3 years. High management turnover.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long hours and weekend work required
Great company to work with.
I.T. Administrator (Former Employee) –  Market Street Sydney19 June 2017
I was there many years ago. I worked as a Temporary staff for 3 years friendly people.

Was very busy and work in I.T department also doing invoicing to customers and updated software to staff members and organizing license for members.
Productive workplace
Laboratory Shift Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kurnell Oil Refinery Sydney Australia24 April 2017
Hardworking and technically sound staff, above average salary, management open to suggestion on improvement to procedures and work practices. Generally a good place to work.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Understaffed
Values driven organisation, on slow march to innovate
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 November 2016
A rare company that actually communicates and lives its values. Executive management are approachable, engaging, commercial and committed. The business is well run, though it's playing catch up in terms of technology, change management, customer experience and operational simplification.

It's only real systemic weakness is that its business model is under immense threat from technology-led disruption (electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, etcetera) and there is not yet the level of pivot required to deliver a sustainable business for the longer term.
Australian owed company with a lot of opportunities
Sales Effectiveness Manager, B2B Sales (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 October 2016
Caltex operates nationally in Australia and this gives you an opportunity to learn and be involved in different parts of petrol/lubricants business. Caltex believes in customers' satisfaction and high level of service.
Caltex is a great company to work for
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 July 2016
Caltex is a great place to work, with tremendous opportunities to progress. The team is encouraged to work flexibly and employees are progressed through different roles
caltex
customer service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 May 2016
i did very well but some time some customers gave me trouble, they did not pay for fuel, i was worried but my manager helped me. i learnt many things such as discipline, work experience and many more. my co worker were very cooperative. nothing hard for me because i love my job, every day of the is enjoy able
Pros
nothing free
Cons
no all shift was 8 hours, but i did one time 15 hours
Worked alone in the night time and got a lot of time to myself.
Cash Register Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2016
Worked alone in the night time so got a lot of time to myself. listening to music while working was a good entertainment. There wasnt much work so it could get boring at times.
Pros
long shifts
Cons
worked alone
OSR Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW26 January 2016
Good to work with.

Face to face interaction with customers
Everyday is a different, sent all over Sydney.
Great co-workers
Great customer service experience
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW24 August 2015
One of the best job I have done so far. I am so lucky to be part of Caltex Australia. I used to be a quiet person and dint have much communication skills,but after joining caltex, I have enhanced my communication skills as well as got alot of confidence facing customers.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
working load
its all about delivering the numbers
Retail Systems Installation & Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW14 July 2015
the past 2 years have seen rampant cost and staff reductions, with those still remaining being expected to deliver more with less, still on time and within budget
A happy environment and a fun place to work beside being an exciting company to work for.
Bank Co-Ordinator Reconciliation (Former Employee) –  CBD, Sydney NSW18 March 2015
I have work for Caltex over 24 years and during my years working with the company I have enjoyed my time working in a wonderful environment. Caltex is an exciting company so much to offer. Expanding and embracing the changes in economic has brought the standard of being the major oil supply in Australia.
Pros
Concern over the well being of an employee.
Cons
Overload of work on a limited staff in take.
Productive, Calm, Friendly Environment
Customer Representative/Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW5 March 2015
Learnt how good customer dealing was done, worked between hard time frames and managed to succeed at university as well. Little leniency and authoritarian base by the management, both provided me with a platform to guide me at the right path. The work environment itself was very friendly and calm in nature, everyone looked after each other which was a gateway to work at my best.