Caltex Australia Management reviews

Productive and disciplined work space
Customer Service Representative (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Leederville WA1 June 2017
The job offers good customer interactions as well as with the management. The best part of the job is you improve your comunication and management skills.
Fun working enviroment at a fast pace
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD30 May 2017
Working at Starmart is fun and exciting learning new skills as you work. Management very supportive understanding . Staff full of excitement , knowledge, and support. Hardest part is not having a drive off throughout your shift. Love when all new stock comes in and placing on shelf and passing a mystery shopper to get a gift card .
Pros
meeting new people having new customers and new challanges everyday
Cons
shift work
As far as the best company I have worked in Melbourne.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC23 May 2017
Caltex is a good company and takes care of you with great salaries and hours.
A typical days works include Greeting people, store setup, serving customers and lots of fun.

Management is really strong which is the best part.

Well balanced work culture.

The hardest part is not every customer who leaves the store is happy always. One cannot serve and satisfy every customer.

Used to do lot of night shifts and had a vast experience with store procedures, safety and rules.

Overall best time of my career.
Pros
Balanced Work
Cons
No employee discounts.
controlled and good atmosphere to work in
Cleaner/shelf packer (Former Employee) –  Tanilba Bay NSW17 May 2017
As i was a younger generation in the workforce at the time of employment, It was a good positive environment to work in. I learned a lot of skills and responsibilities whilst working there including time management, customer service skills and how to work as a team and individually.
Pros
good salary
busy fast pace and fun
Console Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 May 2017
i love the job but need something more perm and would like to try something new but def good place to work great staff helpful management excellent pay.
Pros
lots of hours
Exceptionally busy Service Station which I thoroughly enjoyed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW25 April 2017
The Area Manager had total respect for my management abilities. I was able to choose and recruit my staff. We had a fantastic workplace environment with my staff always more than willing to respond to my requests. I was promoted to manager within the first three month of working for the Company.
Productive workplace
Laboratory Shift Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kurnell Oil Refinery Sydney Australia24 April 2017
Hardworking and technically sound staff, above average salary, management open to suggestion on improvement to procedures and work practices. Generally a good place to work.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Understaffed
Excellent workplace
Short order cook (Former Employee) –  Wanneroo WA20 April 2017
Excellent workplace
The best place I have worked
Management was good
Owners were excellent and customers were like family
The role as a cook in such a busy service station could sometimes be demanding however it was manageable, fun and was good to be busy
Lovely Environment and Friendly management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT17 April 2017
I really love work in Caltex because that environment and the management was really friendly for me. I have more than 2 years customer service experience with different type of customers. I always friendly and helpful for my customers. The most enjoyable part was changing the shelf for new promotions in other hand dealing with drive offs was bit hard because of those customers.
Stressful and dangerous work
Console Operator/ salesman (Former Employee) –  Colmslie QLD10 April 2017
Dangerous work dealing with fuel and gas.
Stressful dealing with customers that come in large groups at times to front counter and also dealing at the same time with cash management, cash drops, driveway fuel bowsers, keeping an eye open for drive-offs and smokers near gas cylinder at side of shop, hire of trailers etc.
This was an in-between jobs - part time work.
Pros
Reasonable wages
Cons
Dangerous and stressful at times.
dangerous hours
CONSOLE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Wyoming NSW5 April 2017
The hours i worked and the suburb i worked in were quite dangerous, it took them 3 weeks to show me where the silent alarm was.
besides that i really enjoyed working there as the jobs i was asked to do (making sure things are stocked etc.) were quite relaxed.
the management i've heard has now changed and i've heard it is a much safer place to work.
Great enviourment with great people.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 March 2017
Working at Caltex was most times very predictable. A normal day would consist of laying out the fresh food while serving customers. When it got a bit quiet then restock the shelves and place orders. There was always something that needed cleaning and whenever the till would get over the max amount we would have to do a safe drop. The management was really helpful and friendly as were the employees. The hardest part was dealing with people who stole petrol, having to get their number plates and report it was extremely inconvenient. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and seeing favorite customers.
unsatisfactory place to work
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW4 March 2017
I have nothing nice to say about this place it was a terrible experience the management is poor the incentives are non existent and nobody works as a team
Pros
Cons
every aspect of the job
great place to work, good atmosfere
Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Yokine WA27 February 2017
being the owner I had to do most of the management work.
take care of almost everything
good place to work.
good central area
great customers
facilities and equipment were great making work easy to perform
Pros
great working place with good surroundings
Cons
overall good place to work
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Koondoola WA27 February 2017
Opening, setting up all systems and getting ready for trade.
Learned to manage a business and deal with customers.
Management good.
Day gone with ups and downs like a normal service station.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
location not the best
Not a nice place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Macksville NSW14 February 2017
Management was not good to work for. There was no job satisfaction at all. I learned how to work under pressure. The hardest part of the job was not being able to have weekends off ever and that we were open on xmas day
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
My experience at Caltex Truck Wash
Kitchen Handling, Cleaning and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lytton QLD9 February 2017
Working at Caltex when I was first employed was really enjoyable, shifts and hours were equal to everyone else, 32 hours+ a week were given to each and every employee, the salary was great and I woke up everyday looking forward to going to work, I would say for the first 3 months were the most enjoyable part of being employed at caltex.

A typical day work starts off with preparing and cooking food to be placed into warming dishes, staff would start their shifts not looking forward to the day. Absolutely terrible management, not being treated fairly on the daily, accusations made and the hardest thing about the job is going to work and not being appreciated or acknowledged for all the hard work and effort we employees put in.
Pros
Salary and wages
Cons
Not being treated fairly
A work place where we can learn many skills and job indeed provides you a great confidence to move ahead in life.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Footscray VIC 301111 January 2017
Dealing with different people in a day can have great fun and interacting with different customers.

Time Management,Customer service,Stock Handling and Store maintenance this are basic skills we should have to work in Retail Organizations.

Management is very responsible and very friendly with employees.

Co workers are like friends and learned many things from them.

To say frankly their is no hardest part of job until you work with confidence.

Meeting new people every time is most enjoyable thing and this job I enjoy meeting new people daily.
Pros
Complimentary vouchers.
Cons
Long Hours.
not a secure place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Dandenong8 December 2016
Upper management are bullies store manager had no confidentiality and would tell other team members what was going on with all the staff.
The area manager had every staff member including the store manager frightened. He would sack people for very minor issues.
Would never recommend this company to anybody
Pros
Nil
Cons
Values driven organisation, on slow march to innovate
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 November 2016
A rare company that actually communicates and lives its values. Executive management are approachable, engaging, commercial and committed. The business is well run, though it's playing catch up in terms of technology, change management, customer experience and operational simplification.

It's only real systemic weakness is that its business model is under immense threat from technology-led disruption (electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, etcetera) and there is not yet the level of pivot required to deliver a sustainable business for the longer term.