Caltex Australia Management reviews

Fun workplace with supportive staff
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St George, QLD23 July 2015
Go to work, serve customers and stock the shelves. I learnt the register and how to have good social skills and speak confidently to customers. Management was fine and my co-workers were good to work with. I'd have to say there was no hard part to my job, the whole job was enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
its all about delivering the numbers
Retail Systems Installation & Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW14 July 2015
the past 2 years have seen rampant cost and staff reductions, with those still remaining being expected to deliver more with less, still on time and within budget
Yeah It is fun to work over there .Meet so many customer daily ,nice friendly environment .
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Wangara, WA3 June 2015
Cash handling ,balancing cash drawers ,handling customer quarries..etc is my typical day work.I learn how to maintain the store well stocked and How fuel equipment are functions.
Management did lot to make you feel appreciated and valued. I enjoy the interaction with customers this is the best part of my job. It is fast paced with flexible scheduling. I enjoy working at Gas station but it is not my dream job.The only really hard part was working doubles when people didn't show up for their shifts and being on your feet for over 12 hours.
Pros
Free coffee and 5% discount on purchase
Cons
some times rude customers
a
Electrical/Instrument Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kurnell, NSW3 May 2015
Good place to work people always friendly.
Work varied.
Management continually liased with work force and safety focused
Hardest part of job fustrations with weather
Completing projects on budget and on time
Pros
35 hour week
Cons
Long hours when required
Productive leading edge company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, N15 April 2015
My typical day include ensuring sufficient fuel levels and saleable stock.Placing stock and fuel orders as required, whilst maintaining adequate customer service levels including forecourt service.
My employment history ensured a full knowledge of back office operations including;
Stock levels and ordering
Fuel levels and orders
Profit margins
Data entry and reports
My management experience showed that the effective running of a successful business entailed not only stock ,profit and service but went hand in hand with effective well trained staff.
The most difficult part of my role was ensuring we had the correct customer service people trained to deal with any given situation.
My most enjoyable reason for maintaining this role was customer service, meeting and assisting a wide a varied range of clientelle.
Pros
Forming customer relationships
Productive, Calm, Friendly Environment
Customer Representative/Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW5 March 2015
Learnt how good customer dealing was done, worked between hard time frames and managed to succeed at university as well. Little leniency and authoritarian base by the management, both provided me with a platform to guide me at the right path. The work environment itself was very friendly and calm in nature, everyone looked after each other which was a gateway to work at my best.
Different
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA21 February 2015
A working holiday in Perth. Good people there, management, staff, customers. Different working style there. Didn't enjoy the night/graveyard shift.
Cons
Shifts
Interesting
Depot Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Fremantle, WA15 February 2015
I basically cover all aspect of DO. I know of the scheduling, fleet management, etc. Management are reasonably fair. Co workers are good. Reconciliation of sites is the most challenging. Always something new to learn
Pros
Star card
Cons
Lack of clear structure
Productive and great to work with
Casual Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Albany, WA17 January 2015
busy with customers
learned how to treat customers well and operate a cash register
management is great.
good people always willing to help
handling hard customers
meeting new people
Pros
good discounts at woolies
Cons
busy work
its amazing to work lots of learning .....how to be patience its over all superb
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  melbourne ,footscary ,victoria2 January 2015
I think there are no typical days for me ..but my typical day is that i got informed from a hospital that my friend met with an accident , at that moment i felt guilty that i can't see my friend at that moment it is my worst and typical day when i was in work.
i have many things in my work for example how to be patient at the time when the people irritate you asking so many questions , how to treat disabled persons ,how to speak and what to do in society ,what not to do.
my management is the best management that i had never seen in my work experience ,they order the products what we are necessary and they treat as thier friends by helping us in some sought of health problems and so
i shoud not say they are my co-workers they are my friends .they helped me to how to manage work + service .They are one part of my success.
The hardest part of the job is speaking with the persons who has drunk and do mess in the work.
My most enjoyable part of my job is customer service and refelling the confectionaries
Pros
working here is advantage
owrk/life balance is adhered
ASSISTANT SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Emerald, QLD28 December 2014
Specific task has been in place so you will not miss out anything for the day.

Safety first is being observe.

Management is strict in task implementation but is very supportive.

Co workers are great.

Stocktaking is the biggest job to take as we have to many line of products to be done.
'
I enjoyed working with all employees and customers.
Pros
off during public holidays and weekends.
Cons
Long hours if we have deadlines to meet.
Independant work
Service Station Attendant/Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Frankston, VIC12 December 2014
Working at Caltex includes 8 hour unsupervised shifts consisting mainly of customer service, sales and cleaning. Strong cash handling, communication and time management skills are obtained throughout this position.
Fun and excitiong to work at
Customer service operator (Former Employee) –  Slacks Creek brisbane25 November 2014
Come into work happy and had a wonderful busy day.
You learn something new everyday
The management was terrific to work with taught me a lot
Co-workers always helpful and friendly worked well as a team
Hardest Part of Job no job is to hard I did not have a hardest part of the job
Enjoyable part of job was just going to work with a great bunch of people and meeting new customers everyday
Pros
Awesome xmas parties
Cons
worked extra hours and did not mind
Good learning environment
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth24 November 2014
Fast paced,educated in convenience store operations state wide.Great training in top IT computer engines and fuel management,occupational health and safety.Speed of service and efficency reviews completed for service standards.
Pros
Gift card rewards on upsold items per month
Cons
Late hours, workplace stress not enough work time.
It was a good job .
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Lavington, NSW27 October 2014
Every day was different. I new what I had to do and i done it .Sometimes it would be hard working a afternoon shift by your self trying to get all of your jobs done before the night shift come in. I really enjoyed working with all of the different staff and the management they were all great to work with.
Pros
I would always meet some one new on every diffrent shift i done..
Cons
None really
Fun and caring enviroment with friendly and skilled staff
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Exeter, TAS18 October 2014
Each day I learnt something new that I can put to use in any job I do.
I enjoyed working there and would have loved to work more hours.
Management was very good. My boss always made time to ask how i was going and if there was anything they could do to help me work to the best of my ability.
I'd have to say the best part of my job was the customers that came in that helped the day go by just that little bit faster with a bit of great conversation and banter about their day.
Pros
Free lunches, lasting friendships with co-workers
Cons
Long hours, Always on my feet and not fantastic pay.
Busy workplace, provides good customer service
Junior - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Waterford West, QLD, Logan/Brisbane30 August 2014
My day basic involved keeping the entire environment clean and the shelves and fridges stocked.

I learned how to work unsupervised.

Management was supportive.

Co-workers where friendly when I spoke to them, I normally worked with just me and a manager.

The hardest part of my job was picking up the rubbish outside out the store around the pump and on the grass areas because its what took the most time.

The part I liked most about my Job was serving, helping and greeting customers.
Pros
Good pay rate for my age at the time.
Cons
Not enough hours provided.
Customer Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC2 July 2014
I am doing a job of Customer Care Assistant at Caltex Star Mart, normally i do a shift of 8 hours 4 days a week. I learned here how to do well care of customers. Management here is good and co staff is very supportive. Most hardest part of the job is when some customers tried to drive off with out paying and you have to stop them to avoid drive off normally it happens daily on the other hand most interesting part of the job is the dealing with variety of customers.
friendly atmoshphere
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Perth ( Australia )1 July 2014
A typical day for me whne i do opening shift,
i learned more from my work which is useful me in future
is a good management and freiendly nature
my staff is very helpful to each othere
most enjoyable part at my work when it was busy we enjoy by working in busy days
Pros
free chips & coffee in breaks
Cons
long shifts
systematic and well management.
Customer Service and Retailer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne vic2 May 2014
i have learned how to handle the situation and management was very good , the co workers are very friendly . the hardest job is working with the guy who has nil experience about the field . enjoyable part is that working together hardly.