Caltex Australia Pay & Benefits reviews

Caltex lubricants brisbane
Oils Lubricants warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lytton QLD22 March 2019
Traning minimal showing you once is enough they say accidents are acceptable but I don't think so droped 43 out of 48 drums week 2 an accident om sure that's y I'm not there any more not sure but accidents will happen amd that's what they told me but I don't believe it as the job has gone back up on indeed just warning ppl.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Low traning
Would Rather Pick Up Cans To Sell
Time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2018
Unrealistic expectations, expect you to work with minimal staff and rarely get a lunch break. Area managers never have your back and the pay is horrid
Cons
money, down time, management
Good Job but Management Isn't Too Good
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Yarrawonga/Berrimah/Eaton NT22 April 2018
Good to work for a short period of time, wouldn't recommend for long term due to experience with management as I feel I was mislead and lied to. Work is straightforward, basic training provided to be able to work in the workplace, though many details are left out and have to be learnt while working. Mostly good co-workers, some are just unhelpful and make the workplace more difficult. Pay is decent for people 19 and up. 6 hour shifts, weekly roster, number of shifts vary. Management could be much better, feel uncomfortable with any interaction with them. Would have been 5/5 for how enjoyable the workplace was when i first started but feel more like 2/5 now from recent experiences.
Pros
6 hour shifts, Decent pay, mostly good co-workers
Cons
Management is my only problem, would have liked it more if they were better.
Its fun to work there.
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 April 2018
its a nice and cool place to work. learnt many things and enhanced skills in different professions.this has a supermarket in it which benefits a lot to our customers as well to us.
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Caltex
Area Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  various4 April 2018
Caltex, staff reporting to me and Managers that I reported to were amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed my 14 years at Caltex and would go back in a heart beat. We all worked hard but we all had fun as well. The culture was fantastic and the benefits were excellent also.
Pros
Working with a great team of people
Cons
struggle to think of any
Not great but bearable
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Eastern Suburbs NSW20 February 2018
Good place to work just. Caltex them selves don’t know what they are doing. Over all you meet some great people and they money isn’t to bad. The shifts are all over the place as are the promotions. If your there as a ACS and nothing more with no interests in Caltex then it’s a good job but being involved with management is a joke
Pros
I get paid. Have amazing regular customers
Cons
Long hours, Shift work. Messes with body and homelife, no organisation for promotions or communication from Caltex
Fun and entertaining
Kitchen Hand/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD19 December 2017
Whilst in this position, I found it great to have so many people to talk to whilst working as it was only a little kitchen so didn't have much to do. but overall, I enjoyed my time here.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
Awesome place to work
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Bucasia QLD27 October 2017
Awesome place to work but be awear of workers and how they work together and make sure that they awear of fatigue and stress of there worker's health and well-being
Pros
Able be take product that we extra
Night work
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW10 October 2017
I worked nights by myself with no break. I worked from 21am to 7am. Had no one to work with and there was so security around. I worked there for 1 year and 7 months.
Pros
The money
Cons
The security
Productive but a very tedious job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Burleigh Heads QLD7 September 2017
Tedious and long, not too exciting but a job is a job. the workplace culture is great, not many staff perks like discounts or anything. the management of the store is good
is a good place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Gracemere QLD3 September 2017
The hours can be difficult , but if you do your job you get paid for your services , it's nice to work here , management is goodto work for , only sometimes does another team member let the side down , this can make a shift hard. The hardest part is trying to complete shift tasks when you are on your own.
Pros
free meal from onsite made foods
Cons
standing for long periods
Fast paced
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 August 2017
Our General Manager said we are not having fun.

Forever changing working environment due to company restructure every 3 years. High management turnover.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long hours and weekend work required
Woolworths is a best company to work for I am glad I got chance to work for it Thanks
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greenacre NSW22 August 2017
I worked for Woolworths petrol Greenacre Sydney and I am very happy with this company because they provide all benefits to their employees, care them, resolve their issues , give them full training time by time and give them a good money. So, I am lucky to have this great company experience. Thanks Woolworths for everything:)
Uncomfortable Workplace
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 August 2017
You go through an induction course before starting. However once you actually start the job its very different and nothing as you learned. I am not comfortable sharing too much publicly. However it is not a reliable job, your left on your own quite a lot and blamed for the actions of customers not being able to pay or drive off.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
48 hour in advance rosters, Missed meal breaks, Unfair meal break times, No team work, hard communication, unreliable, blamed for customers actions
controlled and good atmosphere to work in
Cleaner/shelf packer (Former Employee) –  Tanilba Bay NSW17 May 2017
As i was a younger generation in the workforce at the time of employment, It was a good positive environment to work in. I learned a lot of skills and responsibilities whilst working there including time management, customer service skills and how to work as a team and individually.
Pros
good salary
busy fast pace and fun
Console Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 May 2017
i love the job but need something more perm and would like to try something new but def good place to work great staff helpful management excellent pay.
Pros
lots of hours
Productive workplace
Laboratory Shift Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kurnell Oil Refinery Sydney Australia24 April 2017
Hardworking and technically sound staff, above average salary, management open to suggestion on improvement to procedures and work practices. Generally a good place to work.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Understaffed
enjoy working with good manager, kind staff.
Retail Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  katannng5 April 2017
beinga country based, friendly flexible and over all great place to work. not to much work that you could not finish duties. cash register easy to operate.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
to far from home
High speed
Service Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coolongolook NSW14 March 2017
High speed too many things to multitask. Waitress, barrista, service station attendant and cleaner all required and more. Good pay and hours a plenty.
Always a great place to, work
Console Operator and cooking (Former Employee) –  Tarcutta NSW8 March 2017
Tarcutta Caltex was a very friendly environment to work in. Cleanliness was always of high standard . Had fun whilst working and enjoyed other employees company. It was a very physical job which was good as l like to keep fit.
Pros
coffee and dinner
Cons
late long hours