Caltex Australia Employee Review

View all Caltex Australia reviews

Can be busy, can also be boring, you will learn a lot in customer service
Customer Service Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 July 2018
Customer interactions are very quick. There is a lot to do, depending on the site. It can get very busy, and you may need to stare at a wall for a seconds just to take a break but it can also be really quiet and cruisy.

Lots of on the job learning. I learnt a lot about customer service, and about how I interact with others as well. My communication skills have improved because as time goes on you feel less hesitation to ask people questions and you meet a myriad of personalities. Cleaning skills will also improve immensely.

The management are quite good, but they are also dumped with a lot of work, so they're not very relaxed, and this can make it tough when you have a problem or you need to ask for their help.

The workplace culture is very respectful. Everyone teaches everyone else. My co-workers have always had patience, I've never felt inferior or been spoken 'down' to. The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking between serving customers and managing the shop floor. There can be a lot to do, and a half an hour unpaid break on a 8 hour shift, is not enough to re-energize.

The best part of the job is the people you work with and the customers. I've only had a handful of rude customers. Its really satisfying to work with someone you get a long with, and have customers who are interested in you as well.
Pros
50c coffees, you can leave the premises on you're break, easy to swap shifts, ask for more shifts or less.
Cons
No fuel discounts (a lot of people wonder), cleaning toilets, work load can be a lot within 8 hours, very physical, lots of cleaning

Other Caltex Australia Employee Reviews

Day to day
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW18 June 2019
Typical day would be serving customers, filling stock, placing orders, balancing daily transactions, dealing with staff performance issues, training and upskilling staff
Pros
Flexible hours
Fast paced service station action for the efficient and highly productive employee.
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Mareeba QLD11 June 2019
Eight years of night shifts taught me to be an efficient and productive worker capable of performing during adverse and difficult conditions. The varied customer base meant I had to assess each potential customer individually and act in accordance with company policy and individual service styles.
Pros
Assured hours of work due to unwillingness of others wanting to work night shifts.
Cons
Daytime training sessions combined with night shifts meant performing work duties under duress.