Caltex Australia Employee Review

View all Caltex Australia reviews

Fast paced and high stress environment. Very friendly and supportive staff.
CSA/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Narrabri NSW13 April 2018
A typical day was fast paced and very stressful, coupled with its fair share of challenges. Working with Caltex has given me the skills to thrive in the customer service industry. These skills range from excellent communication skills to superb problem solving skills. Management in Caltex is very caring and warm. They are always willing to help make your job smoother and really give a sense of not just the typical employer/employee relationship, but and friendship in which you can trust them to have your best intrests at heart. The hardest part of the job was the workload and hours. You worked essentially worked alone during your shifts. Your shifts would be from 5 to 6 hours long unless doing a bouble or even triple shift which could come to approximately 18 hours with no breaks. You were to complete all given jobs such as cleaning, stocking, paperwork, maintenance and serving customers. These varied during your shifts depending on how busy it could get. You never recived holidays and so you were expected to work on days such as public holidays and Christmas. This burden was lessened by the warm and caring staff. Over the course of my employment I have made lasting friendships with my employer, fellow employees and even customers. All in all Caltex is truely a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Friendly environment, caring staff, family friendly
Cons
Long hours (5/6 - 12/18), no breaks

Other Caltex Australia Employee Reviews

Day to day
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW18 June 2019
Typical day would be serving customers, filling stock, placing orders, balancing daily transactions, dealing with staff performance issues, training and upskilling staff
Pros
Flexible hours
Fast paced service station action for the efficient and highly productive employee.
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Mareeba QLD11 June 2019
Eight years of night shifts taught me to be an efficient and productive worker capable of performing during adverse and difficult conditions. The varied customer base meant I had to assess each potential customer individually and act in accordance with company policy and individual service styles.
Pros
Assured hours of work due to unwillingness of others wanting to work night shifts.
Cons
Daytime training sessions combined with night shifts meant performing work duties under duress.