Caltex Australia Employee Review

View all Caltex Australia reviews

Busy Workplace with ample learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS19 July 2018
A typical day at work is a busy 8 hours shift with a variety of work starting from Customer Service to Stock Management and Marketing Promotions. As I worked part time whilst doing my MBA, I was able to put my academic knowledge to the test and in the process, understand things from the Organisations perspective. Marketing promotions at the shop and reading about them in college side by side gave me a better understanding of how things work and the importance of marketing principles, organisation policies and procedures.
The workplace provides a rich culture with efficient practices that enables professional growth and ensures effective communication between peers and superiors for efficient functioning.
The hardest part of the job is stock management as it takes some physical strain and at the same time enjoyable as you get to be your own boss for the entirety of the shift.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Late night shifts are labor intensive

Other Caltex Australia Employee Reviews

Fast paced service station action for the efficient and highly productive employee.
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Mareeba QLD11 June 2019
Eight years of night shifts taught me to be an efficient and productive worker capable of performing during adverse and difficult conditions. The varied customer base meant I had to assess each potential customer individually and act in accordance with company policy and individual service styles.
Pros
Assured hours of work due to unwillingness of others wanting to work night shifts.
Cons
Daytime training sessions combined with night shifts meant performing work duties under duress.
competitive workplace offering challenges
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sylvania NSW21 May 2019
job there in caltex offer lots of challenges with high rate of customer service attendant to be involved every single minute to serve and maintain the companies protocols of management and safety.