Caltex Australia Employee Reviews

Great company to work with.
I.T. Administrator (Former Employee) –  Market Street Sydney19 June 2017
I was there many years ago. I worked as a Temporary staff for 3 years friendly people.

Was very busy and work in I.T department also doing invoicing to customers and updated software to staff members and organizing license for members.
family orientated
Cook / Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gumly Gumly NSW15 June 2017
was a great place to work. Managers would go out of their way to make you feel like part of the family. Gave lots of direction and feedback to make your day as good as it could be
fast, effective environment
Kitchen Hand/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Collie WA13 June 2017
working here was hard. i was 13 and the workplace environment was quick and of high standards. the management was great. always there to help everyone. i learnt how to deal with different customers everyday
Caltex goolwa
Service Station Attendant and Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Goolwa SA12 June 2017
This was the best jobs I have had after school , wouldn't of changed a thing the people I worked with and for were amazing and the boss was the best .
Productive and disciplined work space
Customer Service Representative (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Leederville WA1 June 2017
The job offers good customer interactions as well as with the management. The best part of the job is you improve your comunication and management skills.
Fun working enviroment at a fast pace
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD30 May 2017
Working at Starmart is fun and exciting learning new skills as you work. Management very supportive understanding . Staff full of excitement , knowledge, and support. Hardest part is not having a drive off throughout your shift. Love when all new stock comes in and placing on shelf and passing a mystery shopper to get a gift card .
Pros
meeting new people having new customers and new challanges everyday
Cons
shift work
As far as the best company I have worked in Melbourne.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC23 May 2017
Caltex is a good company and takes care of you with great salaries and hours.
A typical days works include Greeting people, store setup, serving customers and lots of fun.

Management is really strong which is the best part.

Well balanced work culture.

The hardest part is not every customer who leaves the store is happy always. One cannot serve and satisfy every customer.

Used to do lot of night shifts and had a vast experience with store procedures, safety and rules.

Overall best time of my career.
Pros
Balanced Work
Cons
No employee discounts.
controlled and good atmosphere to work in
Cleaner/shelf packer (Former Employee) –  Tanilba Bay NSW17 May 2017
As i was a younger generation in the workforce at the time of employment, It was a good positive environment to work in. I learned a lot of skills and responsibilities whilst working there including time management, customer service skills and how to work as a team and individually.
Pros
good salary
awsome place to work
Console Operator/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kirwan QLD8 May 2017
on a typical day working here was very fast paced you made sure you did your job fast an efficiently
what i learned was everything i need to about retail
Pros
regular customers
Cons
diesel stains
great team and experience
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Acacia Ridge QLD1 May 2017
extremely busy role
uploading coding and reconciling invoices for payment from Caltex Service Stations
liasion with suppliers
payment of accounts
communicating with Caltex Sites
Pros
Great Team and enjoyable social events
Cons
going national
busy fast pace and fun
Console Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 May 2017
i love the job but need something more perm and would like to try something new but def good place to work great staff helpful management excellent pay.
Pros
lots of hours
Work Life
Pricing Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC25 April 2017
Fantastic at flexibility and developing skills. No issues in promoting learnings whether it was personal development or software or application skills.
Exceptionally busy Service Station which I thoroughly enjoyed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW25 April 2017
The Area Manager had total respect for my management abilities. I was able to choose and recruit my staff. We had a fantastic workplace environment with my staff always more than willing to respond to my requests. I was promoted to manager within the first three month of working for the Company.
Productive workplace
Laboratory Shift Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kurnell Oil Refinery Sydney Australia24 April 2017
Hardworking and technically sound staff, above average salary, management open to suggestion on improvement to procedures and work practices. Generally a good place to work.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Understaffed
Excellent workplace
Short order cook (Former Employee) –  Wanneroo WA20 April 2017
Excellent workplace
The best place I have worked
Management was good
Owners were excellent and customers were like family
The role as a cook in such a busy service station could sometimes be demanding however it was manageable, fun and was good to be busy
Lovely Environment and Friendly management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT17 April 2017
I really love work in Caltex because that environment and the management was really friendly for me. I have more than 2 years customer service experience with different type of customers. I always friendly and helpful for my customers. The most enjoyable part was changing the shelf for new promotions in other hand dealing with drive offs was bit hard because of those customers.
Great to serve the customers.
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dural NSW12 April 2017
It is my first job of this sort. I had never served customers before. The experience here at star mart is indeed very educating in terms of learning to deal with people in a profoundly pleasant way. It also taught me that none of the jobs is menial. Every job and is equally prestigious and deserves equal amount of respect. It was immensely astonishing for me that once I saw the owner of the franchise was sweeping the floor by himself. I could have never imagined that. My thoughts have altogether changed now. I have become more enthusiastic and more passionate about my work. Where ever I go, I will do my job with rejuvenated zeal and vigor.
Stressful and dangerous work
Console Operator/ salesman (Former Employee) –  Colmslie QLD10 April 2017
Dangerous work dealing with fuel and gas.
Stressful dealing with customers that come in large groups at times to front counter and also dealing at the same time with cash management, cash drops, driveway fuel bowsers, keeping an eye open for drive-offs and smokers near gas cylinder at side of shop, hire of trailers etc.
This was an in-between jobs - part time work.
Pros
Reasonable wages
Cons
Dangerous and stressful at times.
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS6 April 2017
I worked as a customer service over their. I really enjoyed a interaction with customer. And I learned many things as a console operator and learned to take the dip readings.
dangerous hours
CONSOLE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Wyoming NSW5 April 2017
The hours i worked and the suburb i worked in were quite dangerous, it took them 3 weeks to show me where the silent alarm was.
besides that i really enjoyed working there as the jobs i was asked to do (making sure things are stocked etc.) were quite relaxed.
the management i've heard has now changed and i've heard it is a much safer place to work.