Caltex Australia Employee Reviews

Very friendly and productive workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Romsey VIC13 August 2018
I really like to work with Calstore and was such a great experience and learned food handling and also managing store filling and stocking while working alone.
Horrible place to work
CSA (Former Employee) –  Gilgandra NSW13 August 2018
You get no support from management at all,
You will be treated like a number and not a human. Don’t even try to have a life if you work with this business. You are spoken to like a dog. And the amount of bullying that happens in this place is unbelievable and the business manager refuses to follow it up.
Pros
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, management doesn’t care.
Busy Workplace with ample learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS19 July 2018
A typical day at work is a busy 8 hours shift with a variety of work starting from Customer Service to Stock Management and Marketing Promotions. As I worked part time whilst doing my MBA, I was able to put my academic knowledge to the test and in the process, understand things from the Organisations perspective. Marketing promotions at the shop and reading about them in college side by side gave me a better understanding of how things work and the importance of marketing principles, organisation policies and procedures.
The workplace provides a rich culture with efficient practices that enables professional growth and ensures effective communication between peers and superiors for efficient functioning.
The hardest part of the job is stock management as it takes some physical strain and at the same time enjoyable as you get to be your own boss for the entirety of the shift.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Late night shifts are labor intensive
Can be busy, can also be boring, you will learn a lot in customer service
Customer Service Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 July 2018
Customer interactions are very quick. There is a lot to do, depending on the site. It can get very busy, and you may need to stare at a wall for a seconds just to take a break but it can also be really quiet and cruisy.

Lots of on the job learning. I learnt a lot about customer service, and about how I interact with others as well. My communication skills have improved because as time goes on you feel less hesitation to ask people questions and you meet a myriad of personalities. Cleaning skills will also improve immensely.

The management are quite good, but they are also dumped with a lot of work, so they're not very relaxed, and this can make it tough when you have a problem or you need to ask for their help.

The workplace culture is very respectful. Everyone teaches everyone else. My co-workers have always had patience, I've never felt inferior or been spoken 'down' to. The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking between serving customers and managing the shop floor. There can be a lot to do, and a half an hour unpaid break on a 8 hour shift, is not enough to re-energize.

The best part of the job is the people you work with and the customers. I've only had a handful of rude customers. Its really satisfying to work with someone you get a long with, and have customers who are interested in you as well.
Pros
50c coffees, you can leave the premises on you're break, easy to swap shifts, ask for more shifts or less.
Cons
No fuel discounts (a lot of people wonder), cleaning toilets, work load can be a lot within 8 hours, very physical, lots of cleaning
Fun workplace!
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Tallarook VIC27 June 2018
caters to the availabilities you request, it's a great environment and safe place to work, there is always minimum of two people on shift at any given time.
Loved working at Caltex. missing the customers
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia18 June 2018
serving customers, money handling, stock control, filling cakes pies and drinks. cleaning of facilities. Always making the work station neat and tidy. everyone that worked there were really lovely to work with. there was never any animosity between staff. we new what we had to do and did it.
I love the customer contact. I'm able to bring people from a good mood to a better mood and put a smile on there faces. I miss Caltex.
Pros
sometimes we were offered a drink etc for extra hours put in.
Cons
standing on your feet for long periods of time.
A good company to work for and fun.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edgeworth NSW11 June 2018
Iv worked as a retail representative for caltex night shift for 4 years and it has been a good working environment and greet experience. you get to meet new people ands learn new skills.
Pros
always busy
Cons
can be monotones.
Very great job and great system of professionals throughout rankings.
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Seymour VIC30 May 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is all the new people i have met and being in a company that thrives of work safety and awareness of the staff members
fast workplace and friendly
Service Station/Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  nepean hwy mornington9 May 2018
working with customer service as an attendant of fuel,paying attention to fuel pumps of cars coming and going meeting new people everyday helping with refueling cars,stocking shelves and working behind the counter.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours and drive offs
Good Job but Management Isn't Too Good
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Yarrawonga/Berrimah/Eaton NT22 April 2018
Good to work for a short period of time, wouldn't recommend for long term due to experience with management as I feel I was mislead and lied to. Work is straightforward, basic training provided to be able to work in the workplace, though many details are left out and have to be learnt while working. Mostly good co-workers, some are just unhelpful and make the workplace more difficult. Pay is decent for people 19 and up. 6 hour shifts, weekly roster, number of shifts vary. Management could be much better, feel uncomfortable with any interaction with them. Would have been 5/5 for how enjoyable the workplace was when i first started but feel more like 2/5 now from recent experiences.
Pros
6 hour shifts, Decent pay, mostly good co-workers
Cons
Management is my only problem, would have liked it more if they were better.
lovely place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  adealide17 April 2018
i felt very happy when i got the job in bunnings ware house. here i used to learn the cleaning process and how to do vacuum. the staff in the store are very good because of my friendly nature
Fast paced and high stress environment. Very friendly and supportive staff.
CSA/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Narrabri NSW13 April 2018
A typical day was fast paced and very stressful, coupled with its fair share of challenges. Working with Caltex has given me the skills to thrive in the customer service industry. These skills range from excellent communication skills to superb problem solving skills. Management in Caltex is very caring and warm. They are always willing to help make your job smoother and really give a sense of not just the typical employer/employee relationship, but and friendship in which you can trust them to have your best intrests at heart. The hardest part of the job was the workload and hours. You worked essentially worked alone during your shifts. Your shifts would be from 5 to 6 hours long unless doing a bouble or even triple shift which could come to approximately 18 hours with no breaks. You were to complete all given jobs such as cleaning, stocking, paperwork, maintenance and serving customers. These varied during your shifts depending on how busy it could get. You never recived holidays and so you were expected to work on days such as public holidays and Christmas. This burden was lessened by the warm and caring staff. Over the course of my employment I have made lasting friendships with my employer, fellow employees and even customers. All in all Caltex is truely a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Friendly environment, caring staff, family friendly
Cons
Long hours (5/6 - 12/18), no breaks
Good learning
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Balcatta WA9 April 2018
It was great to learn new systems. A lot of training available. 24/7 so a bit tedious with work life balance but manageable. I enjoyed working with different people from vast backgrounds and cultures. The business manager was always supportive and helped the franchisee.
Pros
free parking
Customer Service 100%
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goulburn NSW8 April 2018
fast passed time management employment.
customer service level at 100%
keen eye for attention
not an industry that provides a chance to exceed further than a management position
Nice people mostly
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 April 2018
Large company making it interesting place with lots of variety. Much turnover of staff can cause some troubles with experience and continuity though overall enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Petrol discount
Cons
Located at the backend of town
Its fun to work there.
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 April 2018
its a nice and cool place to work. learnt many things and enhanced skills in different professions.this has a supermarket in it which benefits a lot to our customers as well to us.
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Caltex
Area Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  various4 April 2018
Caltex, staff reporting to me and Managers that I reported to were amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed my 14 years at Caltex and would go back in a heart beat. We all worked hard but we all had fun as well. The culture was fantastic and the benefits were excellent also.
Pros
Working with a great team of people
Cons
struggle to think of any
Great experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rosny Park TAS25 March 2018
Great work experience with great people, customers and skills. Learning how to rotake stock, stock shelves and be of service to customers and clean occasionally
Helpful Training
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waterford QLD12 March 2018
Helpful Training and Nice Workplace to work in. Friendly employees, General keeping of the store was well appreciated and restocking shelves, cleaning bathrooms,
Pros
Always busy, never anytime to be bored
Cons
Long Hours
Not great but bearable
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Eastern Suburbs NSW20 February 2018
Good place to work just. Caltex them selves don’t know what they are doing. Over all you meet some great people and they money isn’t to bad. The shifts are all over the place as are the promotions. If your there as a ACS and nothing more with no interests in Caltex then it’s a good job but being involved with management is a joke
Pros
I get paid. Have amazing regular customers
Cons
Long hours, Shift work. Messes with body and homelife, no organisation for promotions or communication from Caltex