Caltex Australia Employee Reviews

Wanting to keep private
Customer Service/ Fuel Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 February 2018
Wanting to keep private. I do not wish to write a review on Caltex Australia. My job title and role is clearly described in my resume and a contact within Caltex given as a reference
Productive and Fun work place
Waitress/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Port Of Brisbane QLD19 February 2018
Easy-going, easy to get along with co-workers. Typically, it was taking orders, making coffee and cooking. The customers are respectful as is the management.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Hot kitchen
Fun workplace. Great management. Great people to work for
Front counter customer service (Former Employee) –  Nebo. Queensland19 February 2018
Loved working for the caltex at nebo. friendly place. great management. what i learned from the caltex is its team work. and it has a great Restaurant out the side. loved working as a team member.
Pros
easy to get along with staff
Cons
somedays long hours but enjoyable
Friendly and Profeesional Working Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT - PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Clearview SA16 February 2018
Enjoyable working environment with best management. As it is customer service role dealing directly with the customers improved more skills and experiencing with different kinds of customer
fun,great work place,outstanding managerment
Console Operator/Kitchen hand/Barista (Former Employee) –  Gympie QLD11 February 2018
I really enjoyed working there but due to me moving had to hand my postion over to someone able to take on my duties and my shifts.
im sure they will enjoy working there as a member of a great and outstanding team
Overall company taught me a lot
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warnbro WA29 January 2018
Have had the privilege of working for this company for many years after been given a chance to rejoin the work force after the birth of my children I found my family needs were considered at length and company was able to cater for my weekly roster allowing me to gain more work and experience very grateful employees and employers
Pros
Allocated shifts good wage reasonable work load
Cons
Nil experienced
Stimulating and enjoyable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD24 January 2018
As manager I was responsible for the daily running of very busy store. I was in control of all facets of the business from Budgets to rostering and team management. I also was responsible for all stock issues.
Pros
Very Satifising
Cons
Company is going through catch-up with international new-entrants, and trying to decide on future direction to compete.
Supply Planning and Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Kurnell NSW and Sydney CBD11 January 2018

Great breadth of experience available.

Workplace culture has been great in the past, but now being impacted by the need to compete with new market entrants.

Salaries reducing but still very competitive.

Overall still a good company to work for.
Overworked and underpaid for essentially management work
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Katoomba NSW6 January 2018
While working here I was not taught anything and was expected to learn everything on my own, only my coworkers were helpful as my manager had made nothing clear to me.
the workload is completely unmanageable as we had 15 minute change-overs between workers leaving no time to actually get anything done.

As far as i can see this is an isolated case as other Caltex establishments have larger change-overs between shifts and that this was a case of poor management.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not enough hours
Fun and entertaining
Kitchen Hand/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD19 December 2017
Whilst in this position, I found it great to have so many people to talk to whilst working as it was only a little kitchen so didn't have much to do. but overall, I enjoyed my time here.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kadina SA12 December 2017
An extremely enjoyable place to work! Very flexible with schedules and other commitments (sporting, clubs, other work etc.) A lovely staff and crew! Overall 10/10!
Focus on profit
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lytton QLD8 December 2017
Company focused on profit more so that the culture within the company. Reshuffle people out of jobs during corporate restructures putting people in management positions that know little on how the customers need to be handled in order to get the cash flow in when chasing amount due and overdue debt. The focus on profit has meant that a lot of staff have left due to their roles being changed to include more responsibility without the training or support.
Pros
Caltex StarCard.
Cons
Has gone through one restructure a couple of years ago, and now going through another one
Excellent management
Night Services Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Caboolture QLD29 November 2017
I was under the supervision of an excellent manager but dishonest employee's and being held up definitely took a toll on my mental health which I am only just overcoming
Pros
Excellent management, Good work life balance
Cons
Being Held up, Dishonest Employees
Productive and lively place
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Applecross WA29 November 2017
Caltex has been pretty fun and lively place to work at. I get to meet many different customers and sometimes engage in good conversations with them. At times there can be few problems while dealing with customers but, the friendly environment and management overshadows those negative aspects.
great place to work
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coolgardie WA29 November 2017
a typacal day would include the regular cleaning of nthe bathroom, a daily clean of the fuel pumps and basic restock of shelves, along with mopping and other basic duties. i learned that the easy way isnt always the right way and i also learnt how to propperly clean the deep fryers, there were complex software systems on the cash registers that took a while to learn but that took aprok a month, the rest was easy and came naturally. the management was good, he always had me working, and he made sure thad i was doing everything correctly, along with helping out with the customer service on the busy days., the culture was desireable, with everyone getting along on most days with the exeption of one person who shall remain un named. the hardest part of the job was night shift, i was regularly on night shift apart from weekends, they were my afternoon shifts, whitch made it a little hard for my sleeping patterns and scotial life. the most enjoyable part was helping my customers, i knew what they wanted and they were happy when i gave them better deals than what they came for, eg, buying 2 small dares for $8 when there was a deal foe 2 large dares for $7, more fore less, but it was a good experience
Cons
worked 6 days a week
Customer service with much more responsible behaviour
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth WA23 November 2017
One of the best working experience I have ever achieved. I even find challenging experiences dealing with real life situations and always been in exposure to a multicultural interaction.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Work alone at night
magic car wash
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 November 2017
Normally my day starts at 6.30 . i need to get ready and suppose to catch the bus by time so i can reach the job by 9 o clock. In the weekends we normally have more number of cars so the work load will be very high in the weekends but in normal week days we work hardly for 3 to 4 hours. coming to the pay it is very less 15 dollars per hour which is very small when compared with the work we do. there are many subdivisions in the job the toughest part is the tyres cleaning where a person is supposed to get down and up for so many times and it brings lot of pain at the backbone.
Pros
there are no pros in this job
Cons
hectic work in the weekends despite of same normal pay
easy going, fun, productive environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Busselton WA9 November 2017
Working in customer service can be tough, but I love it.
I learnt that making a customers day, and interacting with people makes the jobs more worthwhile.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
rude customers
I lost my job because I was studying
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wallsend NSW28 October 2017
The previous owners who ran Caltex were Australian to the core and really cared about the customers. But they got bought out by more overseas people. So I'm not bothered I lost my job there.... when you live in Australia you should be creating jobs for Australians.
Awesome place to work
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Bucasia QLD27 October 2017
Awesome place to work but be awear of workers and how they work together and make sure that they awear of fatigue and stress of there worker's health and well-being
Pros
Able be take product that we extra