Caltex Australia Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Bucasia QLD27 October 2017
Awesome place to work but be awear of workers and how they work together and make sure that they awear of fatigue and stress of there worker's health and well-being
Pros
Able be take product that we extra
Fantastic Workplace
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Applecross WA25 October 2017
When you know you work at Service station , you get to learn many new things, which i learned in my Career at Caltex. I have Seen many Gas station and had been given Good Reviews about Caltex. Place is cleaned , excellent customer service. Staff is Superb. When i started in March I knew I'm going to learn many new things which i eventually did in a short span of time. Providing excellent customer service is my job and i do it without any hesitation. Workplace environment is so exciting because everyday i come across new customers and i try to communicate , to know a bit about them just to keep a smile on their faces.Apart from this, I have learned handling of merchandise as per Caltex Policies and you know Caltex does not take any chances when it comes to Health and Safety. Stocking the shelves, printing barcode, cleaning, changing promotion products etc. In short I have learned as much as required for Good and obedient employee.
great place
Seasonal Winter Work Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jindabyne NSW22 October 2017
great place to work, the manager is a fantastic person with great work morals. day to day it was exciting as there was always some thing new to see or to solve.
Fun, Productive,
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA20 October 2017
I worked for the same site twice. The first time (4 months) was a good experience and I enjoyed the atmosphere of the customers and team members I worked with. I left to pursue another job opportunity that paid better money.

Then the second time I came back while I was off work for 4 months, I stayed for 1 1/2 years this time. The first six months were good, but, then I was having issues with customers and my manager.

In the end I just got frustrated with the lack of support from my manager and team members that I resigned in June 2017. Been searching for work since. I miss Customer Service in general.
It’s been a great time working at caltex and fresh selectjob is because of clashing of shifts,both has friendly managemen
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leppington NSW19 October 2017
Have to be focused on the job,part of cleanliness is first priority,have to handle the pressure when it gets busy,Rules and regulations are strict,both have friendly staff and safety management
Poor Manager
Casual Service Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Yabulu QLD17 October 2017
I was trained correctly in this role however the manager was not friendly at the time and had unfairly dismissed me from this job. I enjoyed working with other colleagues but the manager was not someone I would ever work for again.. very unaware and not helpful with advice and customer service.
Fun but professional environment.
Console Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD16 October 2017
I enjoyed my time working for Woolworths Caltex and would love to work for the company again. They were very flexible on the hours I could work.
There was always a continuous flow of customers and was always kept busy.
Indpenence
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Armidale NSW10 October 2017
I worked by myself for 6 hours which I didn't mind. I got to lock up after I left at night. It was sometimes hard when I had to do a refund by myself when I had heaps of customers
Pros
Learning to work by myself
Cons
Not enough shifts
Night work
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW10 October 2017
I worked nights by myself with no break. I worked from 21am to 7am. Had no one to work with and there was so security around. I worked there for 1 year and 7 months.
Pros
The money
Cons
The security
Management was so cooperative
CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Australia10 October 2017
I worked here about 6 years and found my boses very cooperative and helpful. They taught me so many things regarding work place and working rules and regulations.
Great Job
Fuel Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD4 October 2017
An excellent job. Thoroughly enjoyed it, but extremely poor management in Mackay Depot.

Great equipment to drive Kenworth 609.

Met some real great mates there
Pros
Good roster, good equipment, and good remuneration
Cons
Bad Management in Mackay Depot ie: Inability to hire right people for the job
Great workplace
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Of Brisbane QLD2 October 2017
Great job, loved working there just didn't get on with other lazy staff members and owner was unwilling to improve the situation. Wish I had stayed there but
A good place to work
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Kensington NSW20 September 2017
I got to learn lot of things likes replenishment of stock. how to handle the till. and most importantly how to match the cash at the end of the day. They had flexible hours to work.
Pros
a good environment
Cons
long hours and few customers to see
Enjoyable place to work.
CSA (Current Employee) –  Slacks Creek QLD10 September 2017
Management staff are great to work for. I enjoy the team environment. Always work to the best of my ability. I am reliable, energetic friendly hard working person. Always enjoy a challenge.
Pros
Get paid
Cons
Productive but a very tedious job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Burleigh Heads QLD7 September 2017
Tedious and long, not too exciting but a job is a job. the workplace culture is great, not many staff perks like discounts or anything. the management of the store is good
Alot of pressure
Front counter and Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Drysdale VIC7 September 2017
Arrive....count till....count float....count cash box.
Order milk,pies, sandwiches,
Clean constantly..sweep outside....
Temp checks.....
Face up stock
All while serving customers.

I learned to multi task....receive and order stock.

On your feet all shift with no breaks

Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with other staff.

Please note......its now under new management
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No work breaks
is a good place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Gracemere QLD3 September 2017
The hours can be difficult , but if you do your job you get paid for your services , it's nice to work here , management is goodto work for , only sometimes does another team member let the side down , this can make a shift hard. The hardest part is trying to complete shift tasks when you are on your own.
Pros
free meal from onsite made foods
Cons
standing for long periods
productive and fun work place
Service Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Trangie NSW30 August 2017
it was great working there as i got welcomed and treated like family the overall wellbeing of the workers was great we were looked after and treated well
Staff were very friendly and i enjoyed my time there
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forrestdale WA29 August 2017
When I first started with the company they were very good to their CSAs but as time went on it became more about profit and shareholders and not staff or customer service
Pros
The customers (regulars) and staff i worked with
Cons
Hours being cut, and same amount of work expected, and the management, and their total disregard for their staff.
Fast paced
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 August 2017
Our General Manager said we are not having fun.

Forever changing working environment due to company restructure every 3 years. High management turnover.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long hours and weekend work required