Caltex Australia Employee Reviews

It was good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills NSW22 August 2017
I worked for Caltex start mart for 5.5 years and overall I am happy with the job and management, The environment and staff were friendly and very helpful, Thanks
Woolworths is a best company to work for I am glad I got chance to work for it Thanks
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greenacre NSW22 August 2017
I worked for Woolworths petrol Greenacre Sydney and I am very happy with this company because they provide all benefits to their employees, care them, resolve their issues , give them full training time by time and give them a good money. So, I am lucky to have this great company experience. Thanks Woolworths for everything:)
fun environment
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dandenong South VIC20 August 2017
excellent place to work
job security
challenging
lot of exposure via face to face selling
Hardest part is the busy time , but multi task and proper training helped evertything
customer services
Console Operator /Customer service (Current Employee) –  Gumly Gumly NSW 265214 August 2017
gives good pay and friendly environment, encourages employee to complete tasks, got good skills, always received good feedback from customers, facilities provided to employees is good.
fun workplace
Cashier、Sushi maker、Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Karratha WA7 August 2017
Customer service as a fun job, I can talk with them and become their friends. When I have a conversation with customers, always can learn new things. And my colleagues are friendly to me.
Uncomfortable Workplace
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 August 2017
You go through an induction course before starting. However once you actually start the job its very different and nothing as you learned. I am not comfortable sharing too much publicly. However it is not a reliable job, your left on your own quite a lot and blamed for the actions of customers not being able to pay or drive off.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
48 hour in advance rosters, Missed meal breaks, Unfair meal break times, No team work, hard communication, unreliable, blamed for customers actions
Staff were great to work around
Junior staff (Former Employee) –  Seville Grove WA30 July 2017
manager and owner were personal friends so was easy to get a long with.
the jurnior staff were fun and friendly
work was relatively easy to do without any hassle
Great opportunities
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 July 2017
A great company to work for, like the long hours and have never had any troubes with the management or fellow co workers.
Look forward to working for the company again
Productive and Friendly Environment
Stock Management,
Sales.
KPI.
Meet sales targets.
Pros
Flexible Days
Cons
Long Hours
Family run franchise business that operated with excellence
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT15 July 2017
Highly dedicated family franchise business that focused on and executed the fundamentals to ensure business operated with excellence. Highly caring and empathic too.
fun work place
Junior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burleigh Heads QLD 422012 July 2017
Cleaning: Clean windshields, and/or wash and wax vehicles. Clean parking areas, offices, restrooms, and equipment, and remove and take out rubbish.

Processing: Collect cash payments from customers and make change, or charge purchases to customer’s credit cards and provide customers with receipts. Providing excellent customer service to every customer.

Other Duties: Activate fuel pumps and fill fuel tanks of vehicles with petrol or diesel fuel to specified levels. Selling prepared food, groceries, and related items that were sold in the petrol station.
Tough
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 July 2017
It was great working at caltex, because it has taken my customer service experience to another level. Working at fuel station is boring and risky as you don't have much people around.
A great place to work.
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Bribie Island QLD9 July 2017
Family owned and operated, close tight nit community makes you feel part of the family. The owner really cares about his staff, is always ready to help as circumstances change or home emergencies arise.
bubbly nature running work done like athlete workout
Customer associate (Former Employee) –  Esperance WA8 July 2017
it was an amazing time at work learn about how to communicate with customers , met so many type of people at work place. I learnt so many new things at workplace like how to authorise customers about fuel filling , how to serve them, main thing is management of time and work.The hardest part of job for me is when i didn't get any customer and so many drive offs and shoplifters as well come to our fuel station.
Pros
get together with boss and team members
Cons
drive off
A day at Caltex Star Mart
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Swan WA3 July 2017
Welcoming Customers having a laugh with them, over the years i have made a lot of new friends from work.
How to be myself, tolerant, everyone is unique and from all back grounds.
Work place culture, we all shared a different up bringing from different cultures, we learned from each other.
Reporting theft or misconduct of a staff member
Enjoyable part of the job was the Staff/Customers
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
shift cut backs
productive and care taking work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Drysdale VIC3 July 2017
its have been a great experience to work in such a environment which helped in enhancing my inter personnel skills and to enhance my skill set to show case my talent.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlton VIC25 June 2017
During my work experience at Charlton Truck Stop my typical day consisted of rotating stock, greeting customers, handling cash and EFTPOS transactions, ordering stock and general cleaning of the workplace
Pros
Good work team
Cons
Lack of instructions, poor facilities
7 Area Manager in 2 years
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW19 June 2017
Overbearing systems, ill directed focus on safety. Very disappointed I was unable to manage upwards to achieve standards required.
Poor maintenance standards on fuel trucks and storage facilities. Lack of willingness to look after existing customers.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Poor Management and systems.
Great company to work with.
I.T. Administrator (Former Employee) –  Market Street Sydney19 June 2017
I was there many years ago. I worked as a Temporary staff for 3 years friendly people.

Was very busy and work in I.T department also doing invoicing to customers and updated software to staff members and organizing license for members.
family orientated
Cook / Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gumly Gumly NSW15 June 2017
was a great place to work. Managers would go out of their way to make you feel like part of the family. Gave lots of direction and feedback to make your day as good as it could be