Caltex Employee Reviews

productive and learning in a professional way about work is more benefit
Console Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria17 October 2018
i learned a lot about time management in work and punchuality in work, good discipline in work and interacted with the good customers is a enjoyable part in caltex.
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia14 October 2018
It was a great place to work over there. A very professional and friendly environment where I made many good friends. I also got to learn a lot over there.
Reputated company
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunbury VIC23 September 2018
As in this country I learned how to provide best customer service so need to unite with type of company and chances to expand more knowledge about service and then joined Woolworths company after this
Fantastic position
Console Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toormina NSW15 September 2018
Great boss awesome manager fantastic position never had any issues while working night shift.
Hours suited perfectly and boss was very helpful.
Great pay rates
Stuck on register, Manager never looked happy
CSA (Former Employee) –  Longwarry North VIC14 September 2018
I worked as a CSA for 3 weeks, during the 3 weeks my shifts were all over from one day morning to graveyard to afternoons. Other staff were ok, the manager never looked happy and never seen her smile in 3 weeks. The assistant manager was no better, they both were taking off for smoke breaks all the time. Just standing at register was boring. And when there was a drive off, if you didn’t get the rego number the manager got angry. For a servo there cameras didn’t work. Just absolutely hated it, would not recommend to anybody. After 3 weeks l was glad to leave.Couldnt even give you one free coffee on a 8 hour shift!
Pros
Cons
Standing for long hours, miserable manager
not a good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Armidale NSW10 September 2018
Not a lot of communication from head office. Get told worng info all the time, No Carefor there staff as cutting hrs constantly but announce billions of dollars profit
fun easygoing work place
Console operator (Former Employee) –  Yarrabilba QLD5 September 2018
Working at this particular caltex was abit bumpy here and ther but overall a great place to work with great staff. I will miss working there with the team.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no longer work there by my choice :(
Despicable
CSA (Former Employee) –  Perth3 September 2018
They treat their part time staff like cheap casuals. They don't hold their agreements and the harassment I have witnessed on two sites was appalling. Don't even think about trying to stand up for your rights either. As my manager explained to me: "You are just a number, they'll get rid of you". They also make you do training in your own time, completely unpaid and you will face disciplinary action if you don't.
Pros
You will meet some genuinely nice people.
Cons
They will break every agreement, Their whistleblowing service is just a glorified messaging service for upper management, If you become a problem they will force you to quit or just fire you.
Great training
Retail Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 August 2018
The training provided was the best I have ever experienced, very in depth. The trainers took their time to make sure they knew each and every trainee. They knew everyone's weakness's and strengths and made sure that your individual training kept you up with the rest of the class.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long Hours
Would Rather Pick Up Cans To Sell
Time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2018
Unrealistic expectations, expect you to work with minimal staff and rarely get a lunch break. Area managers never have your back and the pay is horrid
Cons
money, down time, management

Want to know more about Caltex?

Ask a question
Terrific culture and work life balance
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Drysdale VIC19 August 2018
Couldn't ask for a better place to work. Work life balance is great. Management is terrific. Everyone is aware of their duties. So sneaky missing duties.
Pros
Peace of mind.
Cons
Nothing.
great learning experiance
Store Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 August 2018
it was great to work for a highly professional company with a very strong customer service support. It was a hard working environment but very enjoyable working culture.
Pros
ongoing training
Cons
Very friendly and productive workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Romsey VIC13 August 2018
I really like to work with Calstore and was such a great experience and learned food handling and also managing store filling and stocking while working alone.
Horrible place to work
CSA (Former Employee) –  Gilgandra NSW13 August 2018
You get no support from management at all,
You will be treated like a number and not a human. Don’t even try to have a life if you work with this business. You are spoken to like a dog. And the amount of bullying that happens in this place is unbelievable and the business manager refuses to follow it up.
Pros
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, management doesn’t care.
It is a job, to say the least. Not the worst, not the greatest.
CSA (Current Employee) –  QLD2 August 2018
I work the graveyards shifts. I do a lot of heavy lifting, restocking etc. Recently they took away the night time rate due to day staff complaining. There's no incentive to work alone at night risking your life for Caltex, or for the amount of hard work that gets done during night shift. Especially when your co-workers are lazy people. Great place to work if you just want a pay check and go nowhere career wise. Also don't do graveyards! Caltex don't show gratitide or care for staff if you're a CSA. Simple. Also management is pretty bad across a lot of QLD stores. My manager texts and calls me on a daily basis for minor things that are not necessary. I've watched management come and go in just a year at 3 stores. Not good.

I also work a lot of unpaid time that adds up to many hours. Day crew get paid extra to allow time to count their tills but overnights get nothing. Caltex is very unorganized with their management and staff training too.
Pros
Decent pay if casual
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, in-proper managment
Busy Workplace with ample learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS19 July 2018
A typical day at work is a busy 8 hours shift with a variety of work starting from Customer Service to Stock Management and Marketing Promotions. As I worked part time whilst doing my MBA, I was able to put my academic knowledge to the test and in the process, understand things from the Organisations perspective. Marketing promotions at the shop and reading about them in college side by side gave me a better understanding of how things work and the importance of marketing principles, organisation policies and procedures.
The workplace provides a rich culture with efficient practices that enables professional growth and ensures effective communication between peers and superiors for efficient functioning.
The hardest part of the job is stock management as it takes some physical strain and at the same time enjoyable as you get to be your own boss for the entirety of the shift.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Late night shifts are labor intensive
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Western Australia15 July 2018
The management system is great and so helpful. Working with customer service is always fun and enjoyable and always deal with different culture. The hardest part of the job is to work under pressure and helps to learn more.
Can be busy, can also be boring, you will learn a lot in customer service
Customer Service Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 July 2018
Customer interactions are very quick. There is a lot to do, depending on the site. It can get very busy, and you may need to stare at a wall for a seconds just to take a break but it can also be really quiet and cruisy.

Lots of on the job learning. I learnt a lot about customer service, and about how I interact with others as well. My communication skills have improved because as time goes on you feel less hesitation to ask people questions and you meet a myriad of personalities. Cleaning skills will also improve immensely.

The management are quite good, but they are also dumped with a lot of work, so they're not very relaxed, and this can make it tough when you have a problem or you need to ask for their help.

The workplace culture is very respectful. Everyone teaches everyone else. My co-workers have always had patience, I've never felt inferior or been spoken 'down' to. The hardest part of the job is multi-tasking between serving customers and managing the shop floor. There can be a lot to do, and a half an hour unpaid break on a 8 hour shift, is not enough to re-energize.

The best part of the job is the people you work with and the customers. I've only had a handful of rude customers. Its really satisfying to work with someone you get a long with, and have customers who are interested in you as well.
Pros
50c coffees, you can leave the premises on you're break, easy to swap shifts, ask for more shifts or less.
Cons
No fuel discounts (a lot of people wonder), cleaning toilets, work load can be a lot within 8 hours, very physical, lots of cleaning
Fun workplace!
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Tallarook VIC27 June 2018
caters to the availabilities you request, it's a great environment and safe place to work, there is always minimum of two people on shift at any given time.
Loved working at Caltex. missing the customers
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia18 June 2018
serving customers, money handling, stock control, filling cakes pies and drinks. cleaning of facilities. Always making the work station neat and tidy. everyone that worked there were really lovely to work with. there was never any animosity between staff. we new what we had to do and did it.
I love the customer contact. I'm able to bring people from a good mood to a better mood and put a smile on there faces. I miss Caltex.
Pros
sometimes we were offered a drink etc for extra hours put in.
Cons
standing on your feet for long periods of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caltex. Our community is ready to answer.