Caltex Employee Reviews

Typical big retail company behaving badly in the league of 7-11
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD13 January 2019
When applying for a job a lot of emphases was placed on values like honesty, integrity, boldness. In practice, however, there is very much a culture of "If I don't know about it, nothing's wrong". If one were to be bold enough to speak up against wrongdoing, management is quick to squash negative feedback. Upon contacting HR Advisory for anonymous feedback, the response given was to request store change and Business Manager was notified - there goes anonymity!
Strongly recommend collating evidence (pictures/recordings) of wrongdoings that can be supplied to media and other authorities if needed.
Advise to present and future staff - Caltex will not lose sleep over the welfare of its employees and offers only lip service to doing the right thing. Cover your own backsides and have evidence.
Pros
Reasonable work life balance
Cons
Untrustworthy management
Company in decline
Part time consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 January 2019
Although a household name, Caltex has lost it's way in recent years. The companies main focus on shareholder return means that conditions for employees and franchisees is not what they once were.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
It is a job, to say the least. Not the worst, not the greatest.
CSA (Current Employee) –  QLD2 August 2018
I work the graveyards shifts. I do a lot of heavy lifting, restocking etc. Recently they took away the night time rate due to day staff complaining. There's no incentive to work alone at night risking your life for Caltex, or for the amount of hard work that gets done during night shift. Especially when your co-workers are lazy people. Great place to work if you just want a pay check and go nowhere career wise. Also don't do graveyards! Caltex don't show gratitide or care for staff if you're a CSA. Simple. Also management is pretty bad across a lot of QLD stores. My manager texts and calls me on a daily basis for minor things that are not necessary. I've watched management come and go in just a year at 3 stores. Not good.

I also work a lot of unpaid time that adds up to many hours. Day crew get paid extra to allow time to count their tills but overnights get nothing. Caltex is very unorganized with their management and staff training too.
Pros
Decent pay if casual
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, in-proper managment
Fun place to work
Customer Service Attendant (casual) (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS26 December 2018
Caltex has been a great place to work, with good management and great team to work with. Talking to customers would be the best part of the job. I have learned good and effecrivve communication skills by working in this place.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Western Australia15 July 2018
The management system is great and so helpful. Working with customer service is always fun and enjoyable and always deal with different culture. The hardest part of the job is to work under pressure and helps to learn more.
N/a
Customer Service Representative/Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Albany WA12 January 2019
N/A on a review, can't say to much..
Invoices n manage invoices
Ordering n stock taking
Rosters
Training, implementing rules and regulations
Cashier and banking ( Roll the days )
Pros
N/a
Cons
Very long hours
early starts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Exmouth WA 670728 November 2018
Typical day at work started early 4:45am I would come in a turn everything on and start my shift.
I learnt customer service skills and money handling.
management was ok and the workplace could get boring as there was only ever 2 people on at one time.
every day is a new day
pipe fitter welder (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 November 2018
_things want work in your favour job wont fit or complicated
_we learned to step back and look from out side the box and do your math again
_our management always has our back we work as a team
_a team work effort no racism
_having to hand the job on time and with in budget
_getting the job done safely no time loss or injuries
Fabulous place to work
Depot Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD11 December 2018
For a big company, it had compassion which I didn't think they would as I had a medical issue that meant that I couldn't work for 4 months and they held my job for me.
okay work place
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Benaraby QLD12 December 2018
was an average place to work. I learnt how to perform fuel dips and gas checks. the hardest part of the job was the really busy time with not many workers on shift
Pros
casual rate of pay
Cons
early opening hours
Caltx
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA28 January 2019
there are so many Caltex's, i worked at one, if you want to you should do, its not the greatest gig in the world, but will give you a chance to get by,
Caltex are not a good company
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA1 February 2019
Don't like hardworking staff . Manager's don't know what they are doing and choose to alienate long term staff instead of working with them! Disappointing!
Pros
Cons
treatment of staff
Retail job with a lot more stress and responsibility
Barista (Former Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD3 January 2019
Its your average retail job with the added pressure of keeping the shop safe and secure after hours to avoid burglaries and drive-offs.
Managers are pressured to be strict on regular and human mistakes and can get pretty old. One manager would watch the days surveillance to catch employees out and would not take it easy on discipline. The locked door policy can be a huge huge pain and its hard to watch people get injured through the glass without being aloud out to help. To contrast its also hard to be abused through the night window everyday and to have a constant fear or robbery. Tills had to be perfectly balanced or we'd be spoken to so most days Id spend 15 minutes back and recount the till until I either found the missing money or found the cause of the mistake. Driveoffs and shoplifting was a huge stressor for us as we would get disciplined for each instance (yet we aren't allowed to intervene with shoplifters or driveoffs)
Pros
Good team members, relaxed Vibe after hours when no manager is around, Decent pay if you're over 21
Cons
Strict managers, pay for under-21 year-olds is terrible, lack lustre security in Foolery locations, high expectations
Friendly team
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Of Brisbane QLD28 November 2018
Longstanding and friendly team members.
Casual hours available from 1 to 3 days per week.
Strict timelines to complete duties.
Great safety procedures.
great job
Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  australia17 April 2018
I was a consultant so I worked primarily on my own. great company to work for. amazing benefits would definitely work there again. I just had to relocate.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC5 November 2017
Its been a great experience working in caltex, i started as Customer service Executive to Assistant Manager. Day to day interaction with live customers if great fun to work.