Caltex Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Low skill workplace with poor career progression
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Forest Hill VIC6 June 2019
Use little to no skills on a daily basis with no opportunities to advance within the company. There is also rarely a time you work with anybody so working alone in a petrol station can get VERY boring and old quite quickly.

There is also NO staff discount or recognition. Makes you feel undervalued and useless.
Pros
Cons
No staff discount, work alone, low pay, low skill gap.
My first part time job
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Redbank QLD1 May 2019
Being a student in Australia, I am really lucky that I had done my part time job at this company. The management were very understanding and was supporting with my studies as well. I recommend this job for the students who would like to have less stress at work and concentrate more on studie
Great Learning place
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 April 2019
People who want to start as a customer service attendant. Caltex is the best learning place and an amazing platform for them. Since Caltex is being managed by Calstores you can see a clear vision in their goals.
Caltex are not a good company
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA1 February 2019
Don't like hardworking staff . Manager's don't know what they are doing and choose to alienate long term staff instead of working with them! Disappointing!
Pros
Cons
treatment of staff
Caltx
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA28 January 2019
there are so many Caltex's, i worked at one, if you want to you should do, its not the greatest gig in the world, but will give you a chance to get by,
Typical big retail company behaving badly in the league of 7-11
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD13 January 2019
When applying for a job a lot of emphases was placed on values like honesty, integrity, boldness. In practice, however, there is very much a culture of "If I don't know about it, nothing's wrong". If one were to be bold enough to speak up against wrongdoing, management is quick to squash negative feedback. Upon contacting HR Advisory for anonymous feedback, the response given was to request store change and Business Manager was notified - there goes anonymity!
Strongly recommend collating evidence (pictures/recordings) of wrongdoings that can be supplied to media and other authorities if needed.
Advise to present and future staff - Caltex will not lose sleep over the welfare of its employees and offers only lip service to doing the right thing. Cover your own backsides and have evidence.
Pros
Reasonable work life balance
Cons
Untrustworthy management
N/a
Customer Service Representative/Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Albany WA12 January 2019
N/A on a review, can't say to much..
Invoices n manage invoices
Ordering n stock taking
Rosters
Training, implementing rules and regulations
Cashier and banking ( Roll the days )
Pros
N/a
Cons
Very long hours
Fun place to work
Customer Service Attendant (casual) (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS26 December 2018
Caltex has been a great place to work, with good management and great team to work with. Talking to customers would be the best part of the job. I have learned good and effecrivve communication skills by working in this place.
okay work place
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Benaraby QLD12 December 2018
was an average place to work. I learnt how to perform fuel dips and gas checks. the hardest part of the job was the really busy time with not many workers on shift
Pros
casual rate of pay
Cons
early opening hours
early starts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Exmouth WA 670728 November 2018
Typical day at work started early 4:45am I would come in a turn everything on and start my shift.
I learnt customer service skills and money handling.
management was ok and the workplace could get boring as there was only ever 2 people on at one time.
It is a job, to say the least. Not the worst, not the greatest.
CSA (Current Employee) –  QLD2 August 2018
I work the graveyards shifts. I do a lot of heavy lifting, restocking etc. Recently they took away the night time rate due to day staff complaining. There's no incentive to work alone at night risking your life for Caltex, or for the amount of hard work that gets done during night shift. Especially when your co-workers are lazy people. Great place to work if you just want a pay check and go nowhere career wise. Also don't do graveyards! Caltex don't show gratitide or care for staff if you're a CSA. Simple. Also management is pretty bad across a lot of QLD stores. My manager texts and calls me on a daily basis for minor things that are not necessary. I've watched management come and go in just a year at 3 stores. Not good.

I also work a lot of unpaid time that adds up to many hours. Day crew get paid extra to allow time to count their tills but overnights get nothing. Caltex is very unorganized with their management and staff training too.
Pros
Decent pay if casual
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, in-proper managment
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Western Australia15 July 2018
The management system is great and so helpful. Working with customer service is always fun and enjoyable and always deal with different culture. The hardest part of the job is to work under pressure and helps to learn more.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC5 November 2017
Its been a great experience working in caltex, i started as Customer service Executive to Assistant Manager. Day to day interaction with live customers if great fun to work.