Caltex Employee Review

It is a job, to say the least. Not the worst, not the greatest.
CSA (Current Employee) –  QLD2 August 2018
I work the graveyards shifts. I do a lot of heavy lifting, restocking etc. Recently they took away the night time rate due to day staff complaining. There's no incentive to work alone at night risking your life for Caltex, or for the amount of hard work that gets done during night shift. Especially when your co-workers are lazy people. Great place to work if you just want a pay check and go nowhere career wise. Also don't do graveyards! Caltex don't show gratitide or care for staff if you're a CSA. Simple. Also management is pretty bad across a lot of QLD stores. My manager texts and calls me on a daily basis for minor things that are not necessary. I've watched management come and go in just a year at 3 stores. Not good.

I also work a lot of unpaid time that adds up to many hours. Day crew get paid extra to allow time to count their tills but overnights get nothing. Caltex is very unorganized with their management and staff training too.
Pros
Decent pay if casual
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, in-proper managment

Other Caltex Employee Reviews

Work at Caltex service station only if desperate!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney metro area14 August 2019
Most Caltex service stations are run by 1 person, which means you don’t get a break and you’ll have to eat your lunch/dinner standing up in between customers.

Going to the toilet is difficult as there’s nobody to cover for you.

The job involves a lot of cleaning, inside the store and out on the forecourt. You’ll have to clean in between customers.

The pay is very low, especially considering all the responsibilities you have.

Take the job if you’re desperate and meanwhile, look for another one.
Pros
Cons
No lunch break
good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belmont NSW25 June 2019
Is a good place to work but management and communication within the company is horrible
Mangers would change all the time and they also wouldn't know how to run the store
Pros
go pay
Cons
bad hours