Caltex Employee Review

Typical big retail company behaving badly in the league of 7-11
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD13 January 2019
When applying for a job a lot of emphases was placed on values like honesty, integrity, boldness. In practice, however, there is very much a culture of "If I don't know about it, nothing's wrong". If one were to be bold enough to speak up against wrongdoing, management is quick to squash negative feedback. Upon contacting HR Advisory for anonymous feedback, the response given was to request store change and Business Manager was notified - there goes anonymity!
Strongly recommend collating evidence (pictures/recordings) of wrongdoings that can be supplied to media and other authorities if needed.
Advise to present and future staff - Caltex will not lose sleep over the welfare of its employees and offers only lip service to doing the right thing. Cover your own backsides and have evidence.
Pros
Reasonable work life balance
Cons
Untrustworthy management

Other Caltex Employee Reviews

good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belmont NSW25 June 2019
Is a good place to work but management and communication within the company is horrible
Mangers would change all the time and they also wouldn't know how to run the store
Pros
go pay
Cons
bad hours
Fine at first
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuriootpa SA22 June 2019
When I first started working for caltex, I felt happy to work there.
The pay was fine, the hours weren't too strenuous and the work level was tolerable.

Over time, the company started cutting hours, while expecting more to be done.
I was working alone 90% of the time, and would feel overwhelmed with stress as I was doing jobs that that were initially meant to be split between two people.

My manager did the best they could to overcome these issues, but in the end it was the people above us who made working at caltex difficult.

Overall I have heard that since I left the company it has gotten better, so I believe my opinion may be outdated.
Pros
Plenty of hours, friendly staff
Cons
stress