Caltex Employee Review

Retail job with a lot more stress and responsibility
Barista (Former Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD3 January 2019
Its your average retail job with the added pressure of keeping the shop safe and secure after hours to avoid burglaries and drive-offs.
Managers are pressured to be strict on regular and human mistakes and can get pretty old. One manager would watch the days surveillance to catch employees out and would not take it easy on discipline. The locked door policy can be a huge huge pain and its hard to watch people get injured through the glass without being aloud out to help. To contrast its also hard to be abused through the night window everyday and to have a constant fear or robbery. Tills had to be perfectly balanced or we'd be spoken to so most days Id spend 15 minutes back and recount the till until I either found the missing money or found the cause of the mistake. Driveoffs and shoplifting was a huge stressor for us as we would get disciplined for each instance (yet we aren't allowed to intervene with shoplifters or driveoffs)
Pros
Good team members, relaxed Vibe after hours when no manager is around, Decent pay if you're over 21
Cons
Strict managers, pay for under-21 year-olds is terrible, lack lustre security in Foolery locations, high expectations

Other Caltex Employee Reviews

good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belmont NSW25 June 2019
Is a good place to work but management and communication within the company is horrible
Mangers would change all the time and they also wouldn't know how to run the store
Pros
go pay
Cons
bad hours
Fine at first
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuriootpa SA22 June 2019
When I first started working for caltex, I felt happy to work there.
The pay was fine, the hours weren't too strenuous and the work level was tolerable.

Over time, the company started cutting hours, while expecting more to be done.
I was working alone 90% of the time, and would feel overwhelmed with stress as I was doing jobs that that were initially meant to be split between two people.

My manager did the best they could to overcome these issues, but in the end it was the people above us who made working at caltex difficult.

Overall I have heard that since I left the company it has gotten better, so I believe my opinion may be outdated.
Pros
Plenty of hours, friendly staff
Cons
stress