Caltex Employee Review

Great working with lots of people but poor site management
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Long Jetty17 April 2019
Only lasted just under month. Rushed training then you are by yourself after 22 hrs , then expected to know everything and be perfect at it. Good with flexibility on work if on good side of supervisor. Our supervisor seemed to have a vendetta and each shift found something to warn me on. Even when you dot the i and cross the T it wasn’t good enough. Worst time of my life. Very disappointing as was looking forward getting back to work and being part of such a large organisation. Sure not all locations like this.
Pros
Working with different people and on your own
Cons
Supervisor had no people skills and does not encourage workers

Other Caltex Employee Reviews

good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belmont NSW25 June 2019
Is a good place to work but management and communication within the company is horrible
Mangers would change all the time and they also wouldn't know how to run the store
Pros
go pay
Cons
bad hours
Fine at first
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuriootpa SA22 June 2019
When I first started working for caltex, I felt happy to work there.
The pay was fine, the hours weren't too strenuous and the work level was tolerable.

Over time, the company started cutting hours, while expecting more to be done.
I was working alone 90% of the time, and would feel overwhelmed with stress as I was doing jobs that that were initially meant to be split between two people.

My manager did the best they could to overcome these issues, but in the end it was the people above us who made working at caltex difficult.

Overall I have heard that since I left the company it has gotten better, so I believe my opinion may be outdated.
Pros
Plenty of hours, friendly staff
Cons
stress