Camp Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Camp Australia Employee Reviews

Australia142 reviews
Was tough at the start as business was in change but its better now and more focus and support. It's busy but that's good for some if you like that.
Some really smart people in the business and passionate ethical people who are setting the standards for others to rise to. Office culture isn't great and no coffee machine.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Can be long hours at times
29 June 2020
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review.

Camp Australia has been going through a period of change and we are starting to see our new groove coming to life now. Fantastic to read this is having a positive impact on your experience at CA, we aim to please! We still have a journey ahead and one which we are excited to be taking.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses had to quickly adapt and update their policies to enable their teams to work from home. Something some of them had only ever mildly entertained or not at all, they had a big task and big change ahead. As our office went completely remote, we benefited from many years practice in embracing remote work with a seemingly smooth transition. We are pleased to read you have benefited and enjoyed this flexibility during your time with us so far.

Yes, sometimes the hours can be long and the days busy, but we hope you find time to catch up and re-energize. If not, there are internal avenues of support you can explore, don't hesitate to get in touch with the HR team to learn more.

We take on your feedback about the coffee machine, you need good coffee to do good work, right?

Thanks again,

Camp Australia
It's a good company to start your career as a educator. You learn lots of things which help you to work with children. Staff is cooperative and you get opportunity to get success in your role.
8 June 2020
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, we were pleased to read your comments about working with CA!

We agree, we are a great company to start your career in OSHC but we are also a great company to continue your career with many of our Managers having started with us as Assistants/Coordinators. We truly value the knowledge and expertise from within and often promote internally.

We were delighted to read of your learnings along the way and the enjoyment you experienced working with your peers, we have a wonderful bunch who make up the team!

If you ever want to come back, you know where to find us!

Camp Australia
Absolute HORRIBLE company to work for. I was a service coordinator for two years and was never given any guidance or support during this time.
Always under staffed and they refused to pay me for the extra hours I put in even though it was mandatory.
8 June 2020
Hi there,

Thanks for leaving us your review although, we were quite concerned with some of the comments you have made and were saddened to read about your time with us.

We have dedicated teams and tools in each region to support our educators on the job to help our team succeed, including management, compliance, quality and training support as well as a comprehensive online learning toolbox for all employees. We have regular business updates where you will have an opportunity to ask questions and seek clarification on business decisions as well as a 24/7 phone line for all employees needing support. It is concerning to read your comments about feeling unsupported as we are confident you would have received regular contact and support from these people during your two year tenure. We are always open to feedback and would welcome a conversation from any member of our team on how we can improve upon our support mechanisms to ensure everyone can do their important work and that is, caring for kids in a safe an educational way.

Our recruitment and staffing team work tirelessly each day to ensure we have appropriate staff levels to fill shifts where they are required, this is not an easy task but it is one we take very seriously. So seriously, that our Staffing team doesn't sleep during the work week, seriously! they work 24/5 to ensure all kids have adequate staff levels to guarantee a safe and fun time in care.

Lastly, we certainly don't expect our employees to work for free and if you received approval to work the mandatory hours you mentioned, this will be paid. If this
 - more...
Great place to work. Enjoy working with children and staff are very kind and welcoming. Appreciate challenges and good pay rate. Very great portal and effective communication with management and staff.
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review and wow, what a wonderful review it is!

Caring for kids is what we do best, and we have an exceptional team of highly trained and experienced professionals who help us achieve this each and every day. We were thrilled to read of your enjoyment in the role, specifically working with the kids and the wider CA Community.

We cannot understate the importance of communicating often and openly with our team to ensure they have the information they need to do their job well and enjoy what they do. As such, have systems and processes in place to ensure this we achieve this, we were pleased to read you benefited from this.

We wish you all the best in your future career endeavours and if you ever want to re-join the team, you know where to find us!

Camp Australia
Camp Australia is great with flexibility as they are flexible with hours and it helps work around your study schedule or any other schedule. However, it has a lot of negatives as well especially from the senior management team as they don't really take care of their employees.
13 May 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, we were pleased to read you enjoyed the flexibility the role offered you to maintain your study schedule.

However, we were also saddened to read of your experience with the senior management team. I can assure you they do care deeply about their team and work hard each day to support them in various ways.Sounds like they didn't quite get it right for you, so more work is required. We will keep at it.

All the best in your future career endeavours.

Camp Australia
Camp Australia is very well organised and have good systems in place. They are supportive and have consistent meetings and approaches for accountability, freedom to run the centre with creativity, yet support for change.
Pros
good timings
Cons
maybe more PDs
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your experiences as an employee of Camp Australia, we were so pleased to read your comments.

We have worked hard over the last few years to build a support system for our team to help them be their best and deliver the best service. We are delighted to read you benefited from this and had an enjoyable time as a Coordinator for Camp Australia.

We wish you all the best in your future career endeavours and if you ever want to re-join the team, you know where to reach us!

Camp Australia
As a newbie in Australia, this was my first time working in Australia. My experience was wonderful as I met some great people and learnt tremendous people skills and work culture in the country. Thank you for being wonderful.
13 May 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review.

We were delighted to read of your wonderful experience, we pride ourselves on welcoming our new employees and are so pleased you got to work with some wonderful team mates.

All the best in your future career endeavours!

Camp Australia
Cam Australia provide good educational environment for the kids through their educators. it is a good experience to see children growing up with your help and try new experiences together in the center.
13 May 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review, we were delighted to read your comments and are pleased to see you are enjoying your time with us. We agree, it is a fantastic experience to help children grow and develop in their formative years - they come out with the funniest stuff and can teach us adults a thing or two as well.
The company expects you to work ridiculous hours as a rm ( on call 12-13 hours a day) but only pay u for 7.5 hrs they give you $410 a month for vehicle allowance that doesn’t even cover fuel costs let alone the wear and tear on the car. Change documents/processes without any notification to rms or the staff in services, give service staff more and more work but no extra admin hours.
It honestly doesn’t surprise me how many regional managers they go through. Not to mention the lack of responsibility with serious incidents
Pros
The staff in services are amazing most the time
Cons
Lack of support from head office
Ok company not very understanding of personal issues
Very stressful environment

Culture was good

Loved the kids and learning new things every day..
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We were pleased to read you enjoyed the culture and working with the kids, we agree, they are the heartbeat of our organisation just love watching all the creative and interesting things they come up with. Caring for kids does come with great responsibility and as such, we take this task very seriously to ensure their care is not compromised.

Camp Australia
A shift With camp Australia is all.about gossip, bullying and it makes u feel like your back in high school. Also they make u do 12 hour days when your a coordinator and u only get paid for 6 hours.
Pros
It waw good working with the children.
Cons
Too many unpaid hours and and not enough pay
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review although we were deeply saddened to read of your experience.

We can assure you that we do not tolerate bullying of any kind, taking allegations very seriously and have a confidential call line to report such matters.

In addition, we do not expect our team to work any time unpaid and have thorough processes in place to ensure this does not occur.

We understand we weren’t the right fit for you and wish you all the best in your future career endeavours, Camp Australia
It is fun working with kid and the environment in camp australia is very welcoming and supportive. It's a good platform but the shift timing is only 2 hrs which do not suffice many of the ppl needs
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, we were thrilled to read of your enjoyment working with the kids and the warm welcome you received from the CA family. We are delighted to have you on board and helping to shape the young minds of our kids in ACT.

Camp Australia
Camp look after their employees well. Provide necessary training, often its not related to the job. you may have more than 1 Supervisor to be answerable.
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, we were thrilled to read of your positive experience with us. We agree, we feel like we look after employees as well! Focusing on supporting them both professionally and personally, with our internationally recognised training program.

All the best in your future career endeavours, Camp Australia
This organization does have high expectations, but what business doesn't? When you bring your best to your role day by day, through a genuinely positive attitude - you make yourself invaluable. Working with children is a priveledge, it's not a right.. Understand this, work by it and you'll love what you do.. I love my role at Camp Australia!
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave some insights into being an employee at CA and the role itself. Agree, we do have high expectations because as you say, we are privileged to care for children. With a rich history spanning 30+ years, nurturing and guiding children’s growth through their formative years is what we do best.

We are delighted to read about your love of the role, and we hope to support you grow your career over many years to come.

Kind regards, Camp Australia
no support from HR or RM. you get shifts and it can get cancelled for no reason sometimes a hour before you start. stressful place, not enough non contact time with lots of paper work. too many politics going on everywhere. some RM are very rude and dont care about you, they tell you what you do wrong but dont show you or help you fix them. i have nothing nice to say about working at camp Australia at all would not send my kids there and will never work there again. it is disgusting and very toxic!
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, although we were saddened to read your comments and feel this is not a true reflection of CA as a whole.

We take the comments you have made very seriously and will take your feedback on board. We have many mechanisms in place to support our team to foster their growth and development, we are sorry you did not benefit from this and will work to ensure our team know what support mechanisms are available to them.

Kind regards, Camp Australia
It's exciting working with camp Australia. Job scope and team were excellent. Routine of the day is clearly communicated. Exciting school holiday camp.
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, we were delighted to read your comments.

We agree, working with kids is exciting, they come up with the most hilarious things and are the way of our future. We have an important job to do to care for them and it’s important to have a wonderful team around you to support you in that endeavour, we are pleased you experienced this.

Holiday Club is a wonderful program and gives our educators the opportunity to enjoy some variety and longer shift times.

Camp Australia
I would not recommend working here to anyone. Shifts were cancelled on me at the last minute, I was moved from school to school with very little notice, and sometimes the school didn’t know I was going to be turning up.
The coordinators lie about your performance to get you fired.

It sucks that they do this as they lose educators who genuinely love the children.
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, although we were saddened to read your comments. We certainly don’t want to lose passionate educators who love working with children and take your feedback on board.

Camp Australia
Its always fun to work with kids and parents as i have a huge amount of patience to deal with them and playing with kids is always my favourite.I love communicating with them.
Hi there,

Thanks for leaving your review!

We agree, working with kids and their family is a wonderful privilege. I mean, who doesn’t love to create an arts and crafts aquarium in a jar?! Or an informative presentation from the local police officer about their role in the community?! or even growing veggies in your very own veggie patch?! I could go on, but we would be here allll day!

There are many possibilities at CA and one thing is for sure, there is fun to be had at each and every session for all involved.

We were delighted to read your comments and look forward to your continued enjoyment with the CA family.

Camp Australia
Working with kids is a dream however it came at a cost. It’s very stressful being called multiple times a day when you are scheduled as unavailable. It is also stressful when you are the only one looking after kids in a big school where you can’t not see them the whole time. Multiple times I was made to feel unsafe on the job. I would not send my child to a Camp Australia facility. Other employees can be incompetent and the staff over the phone are abusive and highly unprofessional when you raise concerns. I spoke to HR, my fellow colleagues on the job and regional manager without any kind of support. I have a degree in child care, I know what is okay and what isn’t. Do not work here. There are plenty of other after school care facilities that actually care about the wellbeing of children, work there.
21 January 2020
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your review, we agree working with kids is a dream!

Sorry to read you experienced some challenges however, I can assure you the children and their safety are our highest priority.

Kind regards, Camp Australia
Excellent training and development. Lots of webinars. Not much face to face interaction with management. You learn on the job. I felt unsupported and alone.
14 January 2020
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your review.

We were delighted to read your comments about our training and development programs, we agree – they are excellent!

We were sorry to read your comments about feeling unsupported due to lack of time with your Manager. This is something we have always and will continue to work on to ensure our team feel supported. With services across Aus. and some in very remote areas, this can be a difficult task at times but it is something that is extremely important to us and we will keep working to improve.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Kind regards, Camp Australia.
Its a good start for your career growth and experienced. This is my first job and through them they opened me for a better opportunities. You are working in different locations around you.
14 January 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, and what a review it is, 5 stars - we must be doing something right!

We were thrilled to have set you up for success and kick start your career. We have a number of our senior leaders start their career with Camp Australia, progressing their career with us over the last 30 years.

All the best in your future endeavours, Camp Australia.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Australia. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6