Camp Australia Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with friendly staff and an interesting background
OSHC Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 April 2018
Looking after, educating and nourishing children as a team obviously is a happy working environment.

The managemnt is friendly and it is a learning environment. Staff is helpful and the procedures are of proper guidance and training is provided.
Great company, have taught me a lot and has given me opportunities to grow
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 April 2018
Busy role including proactive and reactive projects.
Management are approachable and want the best outcome for you
Culture is fun with team dinners for new starters and other events
Most enjoyable part about the job is working with great people
Pros
Flexible working arrangements (working from home), Fruit in the office, Opportunity to learn and grow, Promoted from within, Fun projects, Great people, Get to travel a little bit Involved in business goals, able to ask the CEO questions at the quarterly meetings
Cons
Not much parking near the office
Fantastic Experience
Assistant Educator (Current Employee) –  Queensland12 February 2018
This company is an amazing company to work for. I would say its only downfall would be that if you are not given permanent shifts then you have to jump online constantly and hope you pick up a shift where you can. It is not ideal for some one who has a family because you cannot earn enough in a fortnight without help from other sources ie Centerlink or a partner that earns significantly more.
WORST company I have ever worked for
Educator Outside School Hours Care (Former Employee) –  Toormina NSW24 January 2018
Upper management is uninterested in the little guys, the pay is terrible and if you work regional like I did you will have even less support than what they apparently will offer
Pros
Cannot think of one other than the great kids you work with
Cons
100% everything
amazing culture
Co-ordinator (supervisor) (Currently Working) (Current Employee) –  Western Australia22 January 2018
Nice working hours, flexibility, great environment , great support form the higher management, supportive company, short hours, management skills, overall great company
Don’t Waste Your Money On This Place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 January 2018
This place is not good. It’s fruit and food is disgusting and most of the time my kids moan about having to go and start crying. Childcare centers are supposed to be fun but not this one. The management is the worst and trying to talk on the phone booking is a pain. Lastely dont come.📣📣
was a stressful experience
Assistant and coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC9 January 2018
there wasn't enough work and was not a nourishing environment for staff. Work was very inconsistent and sometimes shifts got cancelled last minute just for the smallest of reasons.
Pros
places of work were close by
Cons
very little hours
Would not recommend
ASSISTANT/COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 January 2018
Cons
- Shifts always changing- with little and sometimes no warning
- Toxic work environment
- Staffing and admin are horrible to on ground staff.
- No communication between head office and staff.

Pros
Some on ground staff and kids are good.
Flexible hours but unreliable
Casual OSHC assistant (Former Employee) –  South East Melbourne VIC8 January 2018
Worked here for 1 1/2 years in 2012 but never again. they asked me if I would like to work on a permanent basis but never heard anything back..management took me out of a school that I was happy at considering I was there for 8 months and thought it was permanent. Then they placed me at a school where they kept taking me out to go to other schools so kept ignoring their phone calls and because of that they threatened to take me out permanently.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Felt threatened, failed promises, unreliable
Friendly Staff, no support from head offices. Always under staffed and expected to just go with it. Worst company to work in OSHC with.
Coordinated Staff (Former Employee) –  Flemington VIC30 December 2017
Worst company, they don't support you. The amount of times I was coordinating a program and asked for more staff because I was understaffed was crazy.
Often an unorganised company but enjoyed overall
Educator Outside School Hours Care (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 December 2017
I loved working at Camp Australia especially because I was lucky enough to be placed at one school for every afternoon and morning. However I often had my shifts cancelled last minute and I was relocated to other schools further out of my way. The system is flawed because the workers at each school often change everyday - meaning that the kids can never form bonds with the workers and that the workers can never gain authority if they are being moved around schools and never get to know anyone.
Pros
Reasonable pay, fun to work with kids
Cons
Short hours, cancelling of shifts, unorganised
Terrible
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wantirna VIC18 October 2017
Poor management and miscommunication between teams - team leaders and management did not care about customer satisfaction and were not support of decisions
Easy but mindful.
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA18 September 2017
Looking after active and healthy kids are both rewarding and a challenge. And they surely grow on you! With spirit of fun and commitment, one makes a difference at work
Pros
Short hours and weekends off.
Cons
Too short hours and split shifts.
Consistent work very rewarding.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA12 September 2017
A great way to get used to working with children perfect for someone who is currently doing an education university degree. The work is not only rewarding but it is also very consistent providing a very flexible work schedule for those in university.
worst company
OSHC Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 August 2017
For a first time job, it is okay but you I wouldn't recommend you'd want to be staying there for longer than 12 months with the company.

Shifts are very irregular especially if you can only get a once off shift. They are also not very long approx 2hrs in the mornings and 2.5 in the afternoons. e.g if you were to be working 2 shifts 5 days a week you might be getting around 22hrs but that in thought if a worker was to rely on public transport they pretty much lose the entire day.

I've also noticed that if you have less availability some shifts can be cancelled by Camp Australia as it does not support roster consistency this is pretty harsh especially if one may be studying full time.

The food is terrible from what I've seen they get the same fruit weekly no seasonal fruit just the basics; Banana, Apples and Pears (sometimes Peaches and Nectarines) the food comes from out of state? in a box when they should be sourcing it locally?

I also found that the coordinators do not support the assistants, especially if they are new and have never been to that school before. They have this unrealistic expectation that we are supposed to know everything. Yes, we may have a qualification of some sort but they don't mean we have the experience with children? nor the confidence even with doing the online training.

They need to change the way they advertise and truthfully tell job seekers what it will really be like, they say 'Get paid to play' when in reality it's more like 'Get paid to stand and not know what to do.'
Pros
Easy to check shifts, Decent Hourly rate
Cons
Short hours 3 hours or less, next to nothing support, Shifts can easily be canceled, Poorly managed company, Some coordinators are not helpful
very fun
"Activity Buddy" Volunteer - Catholic Care (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW9 August 2017
I have alot of fun in what i do because i spend time with kids all the time and when i play with kids i feel like a kid myself and it gives me a sence of happiness inside and it makes me love what i do.
Pros
having fun with the kids
Cons
not enough shifts
Must be with the kids to experience the fun.
Assistant, (Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 July 2017
Working with kids is fun and entertainment.The Camp Australia group is very understanding and co perative. Work place culture is a must to experience.
Can be a great place to work
Educator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD13 July 2017
The local staff are great to get along with, however sometimes can be difficult to work with head office. Can be hard to keep constant shifts. Can get a variety of work at different schools in the area.
Pros
Great rewarding work
Cons
Can have shifts cancelled so no real job security
Camp Australia
Assistant at Camp Australia (Former Employee) –  Melbourne South VIC6 July 2017
Camp Australia is a great company if you would like to work with kids. It is a very poorly run and managed company. They place you into shift with minimal to no notice, you work with under qualified people, your constantly asked to do tasks above your pay and qualifications, staff are employed with minimal English skills therefore making it extremely hard to interact with the children. I have been with Camp Australia for 2 years, I've been at the same school for the whole two years, every child knows my name, the school and all parents know who I am, I was consistent at that school however this year all my shift were taken away from that school because I was only working 4/5 mornings as I'm also studying full time, I was left with no shifts and was told I would need to find new shifts. Today I finished my employment with Camp Australia, I have been very disappointed at the camp Australia staffing process, losing all my shift because I was unable to be at the same school 5 mornings or 5 afternoons a week (I'm a casual employee) this doesn't just affect my ability to pay bills but it affects the staff consistency at the school. The moto of camp Australia is "we make kids smile" a lot needs to be changed to see kids smiling again.
Pros
Being able to interact and teach kids
Cons
Poorly run company, staffing giving late notice on shift change, taken away from shifts, under qualified staff, employed staff with minimal English language.
Fun place to work, some school are fantastic with great kids, could do better with their staffing though.
OSHC Educator (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA31 May 2017
The hardest part is going to a new school you haven't been to before and greeting the parents and not knowing whose parent they are. As well as trying to discipline a child, and them not listening and getting no support or help from the other educators.

The most enjoyable part, is knowing that there are kids who really want you to play with them and engage in their activities and who really want you there.
It's a good feeling when you move schools and the children at your previous school are asking to have you back as they really like you, it makes you feel like you've accomplished something in a way.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
very short hours, put in roles youre not qualified for, can be called to go to another school half an hour before the shift starts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Australia. Our community is ready to answer.

Camp Australia Reviews by Location