Campbelltown City Council NSW
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Campbelltown City Council NSW Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Collaborate, fun environment

Nothing beats watching a smile on a child's face when you enter the service. Educating and supporting children to grow to their fullest potential is the greatest feeling in the world. Doing this with a dedicated, motivated and fun team makes it even better.

Pros

Spending time with children

Good workers, poor office management

Easy work, good for a break from the real world, would suit people needing a easy ride to retirement.If you have drive it May be a place not to get ahead, unless your good at politics.

Pros

Bbq breakfasts, good leading hands

Cons

Poor mid level office management, very political

Wonderful work culture and professional staff

Great place to work, with professional and ethical staff. There is a wonderful culture of respect and support for all staff. The on-boarding process was very slow (3 months from the time I applied to the time I started work) but it was well worth the wait. Management is proactive, approachable, responsive and truly cares about its workers.

Really good-

It is a really good place to work. The people are great and you can get all sorts of oddities when dealing with external customers. It is close to public transport so it would suit anyone.

Opportunities for advancement in administrative positions are not readily available. Administrative Assistants appear to remain in these roles until they retire.

Pros

Social Club, reduced gym fees, leaseback car options

Cons

Flexible working arrangements e.g. flexitime not readily available

Don't bother

Great for collecting a pay check if you're uninterested in work satisfaction or enjoyment. This is the ultimate of tick-boxing organisations too interested in the perception of doing the right thing rather then actually doing good work.

Enjoyable work parties

The easiest thing about working there was getting to know everyone who was most friendly and kind in sharing some knowledge with newbies and anyone new that they come across. The difficult part is being on your feet constantly working hard doing multiple tasks. It is a safe environment. Waking up early in the morning was hard and finding your way in the building without a key card.

Pros

Long hours of breaks

Cons

Slow days

Providing exeptional administration and customer service to the public

Data Entry Answering phone inquiries Customer service Interpreting legislation Scanning of documents Liaising with Management Typing of correspondence Operating council software Filing of documents Booking of Inspections

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Short contract work

Well balanced

Campbelltown city council are a welcoming and inclusive of all workers. they provide you with excellent courses and are willing to put in extra time to ensure their workers are happy. Not many positions are vacant of substantial hours. Ladies that work here are amazing and caring workers.

Pros

Great working enviornemt and pay

Cons

small shifts

Great workplace

Local council is a great workplace. I have worked with the council for 4 years and enjoyed my job. I have managed civil infrastructure maintenance plans including procurement. I will love to work for council in future.

Jobs at Campbelltown City Council NSW

See more jobs

great place to start my work history

i learned alot of new skills during my time at council. i throughly enjoyed my time there and formed some new friendships

Pros

learning new things

I gained valuable experience while working at Campbelltown City Council. I am more than happy to accept a position if a job is offered to me.

Pros

Learned drainage design etc

Cons

Nil

A great workplace environment

Great workplace friendly staff lots of exciting opportunities management very approachable and encouraging very comfortable, supportive workplace

Pros

meeting great people

Great place to gain experience and learn

i am recieving calls from customers throughout every day and ensuring that are completely satisfied with the service they have recieved. I take their booking, complete invoices, place purchase orders and help out any staff member in need.

There were no significant issues working with the organisation and the general public positive experience. Great place to work flexibility Close to home and wages were good.

Pros

Parking, train access and buses

Cons

Distance from CBD

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campbelltown City Council NSW. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Campbelltown City Council NSW