Canberra Grammar School
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Canberra Grammar School Employee Reviews

People are amazing, IT team is amazing a typical day at work: coffee, team meeting, work, lunch, work, homewhat you learned: communications, new technologymanagement: very organized and streamlined management styleworkplace culture: wow, just wow especially the Admin and IT areathe hardest part of the job: learning more technologiesthe most enjoyable part of the job: work culture
Pros
free lunch, free parking
Cons
During my time as a mentor and coach I was afforded good interactions with senior staff who helped develop my skills. I evolved my management, coordination and personnel interaction skills during the placement.
A very demanding job. 6 days of work most of the school weeks. Extra work in school holidays. Discriminating culture. Bullying management. Very strong politics.
The general day can be quite long, but this is made up for by a great workplace community and team, supplemented by supportive management and a flexible work environment. As a non-teaching staff member, the School is a great place to work as you see the day-to-day and long-term difference and impact you're making on students' lives. Again, as a non-teaching staff member, the salary and advancement may not be equivalent to a similar role in the public service, but the culture and flexibly combined with access to affordable lunch and convenient coffee in Manuka more than makes up for it!
Pros
Affordable lunches, flexible workplace, great team & community
The environment is good, My colleague they all are friendly and great team work. I've got a lot experience from them about hospitality industry, I learnt about work place safety, learnt customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Start at 5.00am prep & cook breakfast for 100 or so border boys. Bake morning teas, which could be scones, cakes or cookies. Prep & make afternoon tea if with-in my section & every night prep & make sweet whick may be sticky date pudding, steamed puddings, cheesecake etc. How to adapt a & cook large quantities. Management playes a large role in our day to day activities. My co workers are what makes going to work even more enjoyable. Getting out on time. Getting great feed back from other people who like what I make & cook.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
The not knowing if you will have work over the many school holidays