Cancer Council NSW Employee Reviews

Company was role-focused.
Editor, Volunteer Voice newsletter (Former Employee) –  Sydney Eastern Suburbs NSW7 December 2017
I was a volunteer so the experience was worthwhile. However, my experience there concluded with being made redundant for a reason that then proved to be false.
Pros
Ease of access.
Cons
Work culture reflected CEO's background in corporatism.
Fun and productive place to work with an awesome culture.
Receptionist / Administration Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW13 November 2017
Overall I enjoy working voluntarily at the Cancer Council NSW. Everyone is helpful and give you time to learn new skills every week.
I love the caring culture of CC and would recommend working there to anyone who wants to learn new skills or start a new challenge in life.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Can get busy and hectic at times.
Not a step to finding paid employment.
Administration-Receptionist Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Singleton NSW28 November 2016
I thought I would go into volunteer as to help me find paid employment, not a very successful way to go at all. Lovely people to work with, but was not given a reason as to why I was let go, the volunteer co-ordinator was not very good at communicating to her staff at all. Left very upset.I tried to be helpful.
Pros
Nice benefits, such as morning teas and Christmas dinners
Cons
Given no reason as to why I was let go, that was a big mystery. Volunteers treated as paid workers without the pay.
used to be a nice place to work when it operated as a charity.
IS Administration and Projects Officer (Former Employee) –  Woolloomooloo3 May 2015
After 18 years I was made redundant for no other reason that the current CIO could. 18 out of 28 staff were made redundant at the same time. Most of s had been at the cancer Council longer than 10 years.
Reporting to Operartions manager and "helping out" on the service desk I did not have a structured day. There was lots of variety in my day. I had the best co-workers we worked well as a team and individually. The hardest aprt of the job was not getting to all problems on the day they were reported.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
bad higher management
Approachable and open to new suggestions
UX Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW23 April 2015
We found the Cancer Council team very approachable and open to suggestions and changes. They were always there to provide information and feedback when required.
Fun filled team environment
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Woolloomooloo, NSW23 February 2015
Reporting to officer, answering phones, processing merchandise, reconciliation banking, handling cash, meet and greet customers, providing information to clients etc
Pros
Free luch and travel expense reimbursement
Excellente work place to help others with needs
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Wollongong17 July 2012
It was a good way to build up my skills of how to be part of the team and support the mission of the company.
Pros
opportunity to return to the inviromental of the work force
Cons
very limited position to place in practice more from myself