Cancer Council Queensland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cancer Council Queensland Employee Reviews

Working at CCQ was enjoyable and always different. All staff are warm and accessible and you will feel a part of an inclusive company environment. CCQ is very energetic and an exciting place to work if you have a passion for helping and being a part of a Not for Profit organisation.
Pros
Flexable start and finish times and good work life balance accepted.
Cons
Very process and policy driven and very little room for creativity.
In the early morning is very busy when participants arrivals and storing the baggages. Later in the morning, shifted to the face painting for kids as fund raising. So much fun to do the face painting with kids.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch. Interact with kids.
Cons
Long hours.
Volunteering for the Cancer Council has provided me with memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. Volunteering has taught me how to show adequate customer service.
cancer council queensland is about a day in our lives we reach out to our our fellow man hoping to touch mind body and souls as we further our journey into the unknown praying to god to give us an answer to this horrible illness...
Pros
hope and prayers
Cons
a learning curb daily
The typicalday of volunteering is amazing. You get such a good feeling that you're helping a good cause. In this case Cancer Council Queensland. I've improved on my cash handling skills that day which I was really impressed with myself. Management was good, organised and very friendly. Co-workers were amazing as well as they all were volunteering for the same cause. They were happy and cheerful and also eager to help. I guess the hardest part would've been that heat and humidity that day to be honest. The most enjoyable part, and this is the most obvious one is, I got to volunteer for a good cause and was also able to raise 1000 dollars for it as well.
Pros
Volunteering for a good cause, Fun, Amazing experience
Cons
Why would there be any if you volunteer for a good cause
I enjoyed my time at Cancer council - Learning how to code was my favorite part of the job, and the amazing people I met. Being able to be apart of contributing to the national statistics of Cancer in Australia, knowing that all the hard work you do day in day out is a result and outcome of what types of cancers are out there. The hardest part of the job was being able to separate your feelings from seeing so many sad cases
Pros
Being apart of a team
Cons
No job sercurity