Cancer Council Queensland

Cancer Council Queensland Employee Review

View all Cancer Council Queensland reviews

Volunteering is the best
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Buderim, Sunshine Coast1 November 2015
The typicalday of volunteering is amazing. You get such a good feeling that you're helping a good cause. In this case Cancer Council Queensland. I've improved on my cash handling skills that day which I was really impressed with myself. Management was good, organised and very friendly. Co-workers were amazing as well as they all were volunteering for the same cause. They were happy and cheerful and also eager to help. I guess the hardest part would've been that heat and humidity that day to be honest. The most enjoyable part, and this is the most obvious one is, I got to volunteer for a good cause and was also able to raise 1000 dollars for it as well.
Pros
Volunteering for a good cause, Fun, Amazing experience
Cons
Why would there be any if you volunteer for a good cause

Other Cancer Council Queensland Employee Reviews

Fun and energetic workplace
Digital Producer & Developer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 November 2018
Working at CCQ was enjoyable and always different. All staff are warm and accessible and you will feel a part of an inclusive company environment.

CCQ is very energetic and an exciting place to work if you have a passion for helping and being a part of a Not for Profit organisation.
Pros
Flexable start and finish times and good work life balance accepted.
Cons
Very process and policy driven and very little room for creativity.
Overall is busy and having fun.
Gold Coast Marathon Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD3 July 2018
In the early morning is very busy when participants arrivals and storing the baggages.

Later in the morning, shifted to the face painting for kids as fund raising. So much fun to do the face painting with kids.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch. Interact with kids.
Cons
Long hours.