Canon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Canon Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews
I was only there for a short contract but seemed like a good place to work, with supportive team. Very mature and established systems / processes.

You get a staff discount as well. :)
Canon provides a great work-life balance and has a wonderful company culture... The work is interesting and the people are relaxed and very supportive.
I was only here for 5 days for work experience but I really enjoyed the environment and the people working with me. I learned how to create websites and interact with customers via social media. Although my time there was short, I learned a lot and am grateful to have gotten experience from such an amazing team.
Enjoying every day of working there, the people that work there as well are great, always happy to help out around the workplace. Work was completed fast and effectively.
Products are good however they are behind now with what is on offer from competitors. The company is very reactive rather than pro-active and you usually have to drop everything you are doing to execute the businesses last minute, not thought out plan. Management do not care about staff who are not at senior level and basically dismiss you. Management offer advancement to people who work in head office and do not acknowledge the hard work done in other States. Worked at Canon for 4 years and moved on due to the toxic culture within some areas of the Company. Pay is decent and you get discount of products but work hours are very long and there is no work life balance.
I enjoyed my time at canon, I did work very hard, and put in a lot of hours, for some reward. Some aspects of management were frustrating, but overall good. Some good colleagues, but some got away with the negative things they did. Some colleagues political, others neutral. Generally relaxed depending on the role. I was made redundant at the end which was a surprise, but thats life. I was happy to leave at that time, so it was a bonus needed a change.
Pros
Culture generally good, generally good work life balance
Cons
Some favouritism, some management decisions negative.
Great philosophy of work life balance. People work with are supportive with issues that may arise through the work day.
Recognition for taking the initiative with work objectives.
Each day different, different customers, different issues. Had good autonomy to get the job done. Had a great manager who was always approachable and there for support. Executive team a bit removed from the coal face.
Pros
Staff discounts on products
Cons
New senior leadship team slightly changed the culture not in a good way
Frontline Customer Service to customers is one of the challenging jobs of my life and I was so proved of myself that I have achieved so much from this job experience, I have learned how to deal with customer/clients, how to resolve their queries without upsetting them and lot more.
Pros
very supportive work mates
Cons
Casual job with no permanent opportunity
Modern work culture compared to other employers. The ability to work from home or office and self manage my time and client needs was extremely agile, practical and much appreciated.
Pros
Credit Card for expenses
Cons
Can't transfer roles overseas
Multi Culture company that promotes family work life balance.
Providing services if required for your health with a great HR team.

Birthday leave every year.
Pros
Birthday Leave
Cons
Long Travelling
Canon has been a fantastic place to work and advance within the business. Its been a very big part of my life and have meet some wonderful people and have thoroughly enjoyed being apart of the companies growth.
I helped out with most of canons events, helping sell items and setup/pack up equipment. I would create a fun enjoyable environment for customers. I also learnt a lot of new photography tips and tricks.
Used to more customer \/end user oriented.
However, IT department change to more IT activity.

It looks like IT consulting in these days.

So sorry.
A good company providing many learning opportunities with close interactions with various business units and exposure of business process details and insights
A good place to work, very nice office, good team, I enjoyed working there

My Manager there at Canon was very professional and driven and set a good friendly tone for the program
A Great Team to work with, attending to customer calls, resolving issues in a timely manner.
Varying positions within company thru promotion.Always busy trying to complete KPIs.
Learned a lot in warehousing,sent on many supervisory development courses.cert 3 in warehousing & logistics

As i became more involved in supervisory roll became disinchanted with managers not following in key Canon values.

Co workers very supportive

Working with equipment which malfunctioned.

Enjoyed achieving targets & completing unusual tasks.
Pros
Free lunches, Discounts, bonus
Cons
long hours at months end.
a fantastic company with great and friendly staff, hugely enjoyable but also high pressure workplace.
taught me the value of leadership and unity in the workplace.
Pros
location, salary
Cons
long hours and overtime expected, constant pressure form management due to constant cost cutting
A day at Canon was Business first, then a social chat for lunch in Cafe. Always able to identify improvements and engage stakeholders for team decision.

Learned that all is possible if you focus on Start to End of a plan or strategy change, by keeping up communications with managements and staff involvement.

Co-Workers all down to earth and felt that they wanted to be valued as an employee with recognition and value they add in the business.

Hardest part of the job was Travel to work and back home traffic and time taken.

Most enjoyable was chipping away at making improvements and the many built relations through trust.
Pros
birthday leave with pay. health check week and continual team updates we called keep-up!
Cons
traffic in the macquarie park area has become niusance, hence ended up using trains.
A typical day consisted of visiting customer sites and repairing and servicing networked Multi Function Machines
I learned how to set up and run a networked MFD

Our supervisor was a gifted and resourceful individual

My co workers were a cohesive and well trained team

The hardest part was walking around in the rain

I enjoyed meeting new people
Pros
working with the latest technologies
Cons
as mentioned before. walikng in the rain