Canopy Growth Corporation Employee Reviews

How is this company not investigated by the Labour Board?!?
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON21 June 2019
Human Rights? Forget it. Decent wage? Forget it. Harassment? Tons.
2 star rating is generous considering you have to give 1 star when they deserve zero.
One supervisor was great but she left months ago.
Pros
Free tan.
Cons
Working here.
Environnement de travail stimulant! + beaucoup d'avantages
employé (Current Employee) –  Mirabel11 June 2019
Entreprise à croissance très rapide et nouvelle, donc il faut aimer le défi. C'est un domaine en expension importante! Aucune journée se ressemble!
Par contre, avantages sociaux compétitifs, happy hours, café et pommes à volonté!
Les collègues sont très sympathiques.
Pros
Happy Hours, Avantages sociaux ++++, Café
Cons
Ça bouge beaucoup et les journées peuvent changer en tout temps, il faut aimer ce type de travail!
Entreprise en croissance
Superviseur (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC10 June 2019
Premièrement, c'est une entreprise en plein croissance et qui évolue à la vitesse grand G. J'adore les défis et c'est la bonne place pour moi.

L'équipe est relativement jeune, très plaisant à côtoyé. Happy hour à chaque mois, fête familiale, party d'halloween, souper cabane à sucre, party de noël quoi demander de plus?

C'est une entreprise en début de vie donc il faut prévoir l'imprévue et il faut être flexible et comprendre la réalité de la compagnie mais en sommes, ça en vaut toujours le coup.

Les avantages sociaux sont très compétitif.

Je recommande cette entreprise.
Pros
Happay hour, avantages sociaux, équipe jeune et dynamique, en région.
Cons
Entreprise en croissance rapide
Exciting Work Culture
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON5 June 2019
I recommend those people wanting to make a difference to bring your best game. It's a challenge each day. My day goes by in a flash. I go home after work and wonder how I did it. I look forward to going to work every day and doing all over again.
Pros
Culture, Getting Stuff Done, Smith's Falls
Cons
Progress Can be Slow, its growing so fast, its tough to keep up.
Don't waste your time
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON28 May 2019
Sexism, racism, HR doesn't do anything for you. Temporary foreign workers are taken advantage of because they won't hire Canadians. The pay is terrible for the work they ask of you. Stock options are dangled in front of you but you will be fired for looking at someone wrong. Managers are unqualified and don't even understand the culture. If you don't drink the Kool Aid you will be shunned. If you bring up issues you will be fired. There is a divide between the office and greenhouse. The office staff are snobby towards the greenhouse staff, the people making sure the plants are healthy so they get paid... It's honestly a joke of a company. They can't even keep materials on site to do the work needed.
Pros
Happy hour with snakes
Cons
Snakes in the grass
At your own risk!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 May 2019
This location is an absolute joke. Management are clueless and need to rule over employees in order to feel superior and to validate their positions. There is little to no training but an expectation to perform highly. No one is happy and this is felt throughout the company. If you're competent and driven they will suck every bit of ambition out of you. High turnover of employees as they pay very little but expect alot. Be prepared to sacrafice your weekends and there will be no "thank you". They dangle stock options as an incentive but it's overrated. No retirement plan, you are on your own. Beware and stay away!
Pros
Happy Hours
Cons
Long hours, micro managing, management
1 star is too many
Post Harvest (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON27 May 2019
Canopy is so far behind their targets that they are running around in circles. Management has NO experience with Cannabis. The top members of the operations team has no experience growing or even using cannabis. Turn over. Pay is minimal and they ask you to take a pay cut in exchange for stock options.

Great at giving high fives, and getting sh-it done, but it's not getting done efficiently or properly. No training at all. The management is not being held accountable and they throw money at everything. If you are not in the clique you lose. The OG's and Legacies run the roost and they haven't a clue how to run a business. Look at the Earnings reports, bleeding money. Hired over 4000 employees but only have 1200 on staff, Where did the other 1000's go?

Silos, office politics and "In Group" mentality.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
The management and the lack of respect
Fun and layed back crew
Irrigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC20 May 2019
The company is awesome and something I am proud to be part of. the group of people I work with are very layed back and all want to succeed in this industry
Great work environment!
Medical Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 May 2019
I love working with this company! The benefits and stock options are a great incentive. The corporate culture is amazing. We have a fair bit of independence in the clinic but if we need anything our upper management is only ever a phone call, text, or email away, and they are wonderful and very approachable. They really make you feel like you matter as a person, and check in frequently just to see how you are doing, or if you need anything. The clinic model is all about patient care and helping people. Coming from a healthcare background, I will admit that I was concerned about mixing healthcare and business, but we run like a medical clinic, not a sales office. The whole industry is changing and evolving so much right now and it is exciting to have a front row seat. The clinic time can be hectic, but the days fly by and support is always available. Love, love, love this job. My direct supervisor is wonderful and supportive, and our management team is as well. It is great to be part of this team.
Pros
Great work environment, Benefits, Stock options, exciting industry
Cons
Can get hectic, multitasking is a must
Horible working environment, terrible management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC17 May 2019
1 star rating is even too much, I'd give 0 stars if possible.
You'll be worried about your job from day 1, this place likes to take advantage of 90 day probation periods so not likely you'll be around more than 3 months. Very wasteful company. Quality Assurance, Human Resources, and the Regional GM are all highly inept

Most enjoyable part of the job - some decent coworkers, but that's about it
Pros
Dont outway the Cons
Cons
Too many to list
Environnement stressant pour rien
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mirabel2 May 2019
Aucune communication, favoritisme, non-respect , j'ai jamais eu un emploi aussi désorganisé . Toujours à la course , recommencer les mêmes tâches plus qu'une fois dans la journée parce que la direction à changé d'idée. Bye bye Canopy
Pros
Happy hours
Cons
Zéro communication, favoritiste, désorganisation
would not work there
csr (Current Employee) –  smiths falls22 April 2019
Thought I was getting my dream job. It's a nightmare. Favouritism, bullying, cliques and being treated like a disposable asset has put my stress levels through the roof.
. One because she wasn't a "Team Player". If you don't play the games, donate the foods/goods, walk around with a stupid grin all the time you are shunned.
My training was a joke, my manager is like a school yard bully and Heaven forbid you ever get sick and need to stay home!!
Don't. Do. It.
Dont work here unless you want 5 jobs but get paid for 1
Potentiolal (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 April 2019
Went in for an interview and asked certain questions for the position I was applying for .Basically told that if you get your job at the pay scale you were expected to do other jobs as well but for the same pay .Just to give you an example .let's say you apply as an electrician.Which they are obligated to have either by contract or on site 347v lighting.if on site he needs to have a master's as well and keep a log of work done .He is to do other jobs when not doing electrical work .Like cleaning shop ,cleaning grow rooms ,cultivation and trimming plants cleaning air filters maintain Hvac and BAS load and unload grow op supplies including supplies for electrical maintenance supplies . Security system and so on .At least 5 skilled jobs for the price of 1 .Pure greed .benifits are minimal as per discussion
Pros
Cons
Lots .eposure to pesticide, fertilizers and other dangerous substances
More business-like, not really medical oriented.
Medical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southern Ontario18 April 2019
Working in a clinic based setting, there is no reason why we should be pushing the business aspect down these patient's throats. It's absolutely disgusting to be pressuring these senior citizens looking for pain relief into purchasing expensive medical cannabis and then disciplining them for either not purchasing enough, or being honest about looking for cheaper product elsewhere. As a medical care provider, it is our duty to ensure the patient well-being is our top priority above all else.
Pros
Monday to Friday job, Getting to speak to amazing patients and hear their success stories.
Cons
No lunch breaks on busy days, you're just a number, pressuring patients with sales tactics, management prefers sales over quality care, outdated ways of processing documents and files
Exceptional team - amazing opportunities
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON12 April 2019
I absolutely love working here. Every day I get to be involved in decision making and work that directly affects how this industry is being formed. Making history every day!
Pros
Being a part of an amazing team and a fast moving industry
Cons
New people joining the company seem to make more salary than those of us who have been here longer
Fast paced, challenging, rewarding and supportive
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON12 April 2019
One of the most fast paced companies I have ever worked at. There are countless challenges that seem to come almost daily, but those challenges present opportunities to contribute to something that has never been done before. I often remind myself that what I'm doing is the first time this has ever been done. A culture of collaboration and helping each other exists throughout the company as we all drive toward the same goals.
Pros
Extremely fast paced and challenging
Cons
There is not enough time in a day to do everything that's needed!
Absolutely Terrible Management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 April 2019
Terrible Management. Stay away and apply to a place that will value you. Long hours and zero appreciation. Workers treated poorly and given zero respect.
Cons
Management. Atmosphere. Work life balance. High stress.
Very disfunctional and lack of knowledge in mamagment.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 April 2019
There is a very big lack of management that know what they are doing. The work/life balance is terrible and many of the people employed are taken advantage of. I would stay away from the Scarborough facility.
Cons
Long hours. No appreciation for hard work. Little to no effective management.
The worst job I've ever had (and I worked in a fish plant)
Tweedtender (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador6 April 2019
I was hired as a retail employee. The training was a joke; they focused entirely on customer service and their ridiculous script (which was abandoned by October 18) and completely ignored their actual products, probably because they don't even have any of the things they were promising they'd be stocking. They spent all their manpower and effort on making sure their stores look just right (and dont even get me started on the people who show up every few months and rearrange the whole place, as if folding it differently is going to make someone want one of those cheap ugly shirts), and absolutely none on worrying about how to relate to their consumer base.

Store management does what they can with a bad situation, even amidst scapegoating and threats of termination. Anyone above the individual store level has been brainwashed by the company, and why shouldn't they be content? They're actually earning a living; they couldn't care less about the hourly employees who can't afford rent, or lost their health coverage (which was much touted as one of the benefits during the hiring process) because they dropped below the minimum hours and so can't pay for vital medications.

Even if you're dedicated, even if you're always smiling, even if you attend every single one of the charity events, and talk customers into buying things they don't need, and fold the cheap shirts just right, this company will still treat you like absolute garbage.

Run, don't walk, away from this dystopian nightmare of an organization.
Pros
Discounts on overpriced cannabis accessories
Cons
Literally every other aspect of this job
Management clueless. If you don’t walk around with smile on your face you’re outta there. Management don’t care about life/work balance.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON6 April 2019
Very unorganized company. Meetings to discuss meetings. Hope constellation cleans house. Get rid of bullies and friends. Bring in qualified people who know what they are doing.
Stop micro managing.
Treat people with respect if you expect staff to be productive.
Burning out staff won’t help anyone.
Upper management need to give guidance otherwise they can not expect miracles.
Mentor staff don’t ridicule them for incompetence when you don’t mentor them.
Stay away unless you are desperate like the Senior Directors.
Only ones that survive will be the ones in the “click”
Saw staff leave/fired because they had morals & principals and stuck to them.
Management saying didn’t play nice.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Senior management control freaks