Canopy Growth Corporation Employee Review

View all Canopy Growth Corporation reviews

The worst job I've ever had (and I worked in a fish plant)
Tweedtender (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador6 April 2019
I was hired as a retail employee. The training was a joke; they focused entirely on customer service and their ridiculous script (which was abandoned by October 18) and completely ignored their actual products, probably because they don't even have any of the things they were promising they'd be stocking. They spent all their manpower and effort on making sure their stores look just right (and dont even get me started on the people who show up every few months and rearrange the whole place, as if folding it differently is going to make someone want one of those cheap ugly shirts), and absolutely none on worrying about how to relate to their consumer base.

Store management does what they can with a bad situation, even amidst scapegoating and threats of termination. Anyone above the individual store level has been brainwashed by the company, and why shouldn't they be content? They're actually earning a living; they couldn't care less about the hourly employees who can't afford rent, or lost their health coverage (which was much touted as one of the benefits during the hiring process) because they dropped below the minimum hours and so can't pay for vital medications.

Even if you're dedicated, even if you're always smiling, even if you attend every single one of the charity events, and talk customers into buying things they don't need, and fold the cheap shirts just right, this company will still treat you like absolute garbage.

Run, don't walk, away from this dystopian nightmare of an organization.
Pros
Discounts on overpriced cannabis accessories
Cons
Literally every other aspect of this job

Other Canopy Growth Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly environment; amazing opportunities
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON11 July 2019
-During my time with this company, I have worked with amazing people(both management and co-workers)
-With the growth in the industry, if you do your job well, there is endless possibilities for advancement
-Culture is amazing with regular activities and contests
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Not enough parking due to ever expanding staff
Terrible management and horribly disorganized
Pre pack auto (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON5 July 2019
The management has no idea what they’re doing and treat production workers like garbage.
They’re so disorganized that when I resigned they forgot to removed me as an active employee.
This meant I was still on payroll, and I got paid for 80 hours I didn’t work. They also over paid me for a full 8 the previous pay.
This meant that I have to send them a $1100 CHEQUE as they refuse to take anything else.
Somehow them sending me too much money is on me to fix.

This company seems like it’s being run by monkeys.
They preach that they’re a family, but as soon as you put on your scrubs, you’re a pawn.

I was so excited to work at Canopy, turns out awful.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else