Canterbury League Club
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Canterbury League Club Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews
Canterbury League Club is a beautiful venue. It offers great food & entertainment & is open 24/7 Working here has it's pros & cons. It has a very strict policy. If your given a shift you are expected to do it.
Happy atmosphere to work with Management and staff to work with and great pay with penalties, halve price staff on food and gym membership,friendly members and guest who come to the club who we serve
Training was excellent I enjoyed my time at the Leagues Club The money was excellent at the time I had a noi e to work day shift or night shift I had the opportunity to do a number of jobs
Pros
Distance was 5 min from home
Cons
Now I live at Willoughby and distance is an issue for me.
money is good for what it is, other employees are fun and good to work with, management however is okay, they give you no shifts depending on how they feel, someitmes you get 5 shifts a week some times they give you 1
People working on the 'bottom' are all awesome and fun, mostly easily to get along with. Management however, are possibly the worst out there in this industry. Double standards ( rules enforced on staff when not on shift but vis8ting the club, but not being applied to management coming in with family). Understaffed on busy nights with almost no communication between departments - ie on a busy function filled night, no additional staff would be put on (cost saving). Very difficult to find any workers that are genuinely happy at this place. Compared to perks at other clubs, the "Staff benefits" are lacking behind the industry severely.
Pros
Good people working on the floor with you
Cons
Management is horrible, lack of cleanliness through back of house, noticeable favouritism
Friendly staff and customers, good pay and good hours. Staff are trained properly to ensure everyone is on the same level of skill. Good experience which means better future job outcomes.
Communication is a must job skills, good work ethics, hard working. Equipment is essential to be all in working order good friendly environment for all..
Pros
Get paid on time everytime
Cons
All over nights no balance
one of my very first jobs and enjoyed working in i high paced environment and taught me to handle clients and people with high demands. It also taught me communicate with my peers more effectively.
If I'm being honest the best part of working there would be working with a fun and vibrant crew. Management pretend they care about you. Only had min 10 hours between each shift if you worked everyday
Pros
good co workers, air con
Cons
long hours, management, need a medical certificate every time you don't come to work, always need approval to have certain days off
Learnt a lot, put in various job roles, staff were great, most managers were helpful. I really enjoyed working in food and bev rather than gaming. Coffee and bar were my favourite.
Preparing roster Preparing for day and evening trade Dealing with staff issues Handling customer complaints Preparing reports as required. Checking surveillance of incidents. Following up incidents and recommend action.
Pros
Performance based bonuses
Cons
Weekend work
It was a great opportunity to work here lovely management and workers, the hours just kept rotating week by week from early morning shifts one week to working late at night to early morning the next it got hard at times.
Pros
The People
Cons
hours changing week after week
Its a nice club to work for. A wonderful place to meet new friends and great club. Plenty of work and hours. lots of jobs. a great way to meet friends and people
Pros
new friends
Cons
no comment