Capgemini
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at Capgemini: 32 Capgemini Reviews

Australia32 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,435 reviews

Great corporate company but management fell short in my area...

Wonderful company with an awesome diversity and inclusion mentality. Brilliant graduate program too. Unfortunately I found some areas of management very old fashioned in their approach to using technology as an enabler. Some of the HR management team were very backward in their approach. Overall good company and a great MD at the helm in Olaf. He is held in high regard by his employees.

Poor work culture and toxic management

I was hired as Sr. Manager but the role and responsibilities in the JD / to which I was interviewed was completely different to the day to day activities. The company did not have long term contractual work so kept on assigning me to projects here and there and also telling me to find work from my previous contacts. No chance of promotion during my tenure despite me performing well and getting good feedbacks in the projects I was involved. I was only given the excuse that because I was not 87% billable they cannot put me forward for promotion and hence no increments. Not sure if the custom is the same across Capgemini globally but at-least true for Australia. Only join if you cannot find work anywhere and are looking to fill some gap in your CV.

Pros

Cons

Lot of politics, no opportunity to utilize your skills, high Staff attrition

Amazing company to work

Capgemini is an amazing company to work for. Good culture, relaxed environment, overall if you get an opportunity to work here than grab it. They are more concentrated in European market.

Pros

Learning culture

Cons

Can't think of any

if there is a ping pong table it's in the basement

it's hard to describe how the days slip into each other and time passes as code flickers across your screen from morning until evening from the day you started to the day you finished. looking back, you recall some code. writing it. reading it. running it. debugging it. mostly just loving it.

Lots of politics at management level, poor resource management like less resources for too much work

No job security. no psychological safety at all. Employees are not treated well, always getting less resources for a lot of work and using same resources for project and bau thereby management is trying to get appraisals while team members are not able to have a work life balance and using resources even after business hours and weekends without giving any overtime allowance or anything.

Management and overall work culture needs improvement

I worked with Capgemini for a while and a typical day's work is just come and handle a lot of activities and go back home. You do not get any help from the management who always think about cost cuts etc...

very productive and efficient work

*called newspapers to be attended to. *meet SLA goals *management is always available to help *understand the customer's only reading problem described in the call.

Brilliant company to work for

Love working here! Collaborative, engaging company with a fantastic D&I program. Everyone I speak to here loves working here. Its one of the most engaged companies I've ever worked in who put their employees first and foremost. You are in charge of your career at Capgemini and the HR team and management give you every opportunity to succeed in your field.

Pros

L&D Programs, D&I Programs, Collaboration from the top down and back up again at all levels

Cons

Can't think of any at all to be really honest!

Never got to know anyone

I am a contractor and based on a client site. I've only been to the Capgemini office once and don't know anyone apart from the IT people here. They are very nice but it would be nice to meet some of my peers.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Boring job

Supportive Management and Friendly Environment

I joined Capgemini as an Associate Consultant and I got my first assignment quickly with Equifax. I was thrilled to work for an Credit Validation organisation where I can learn about security stuffs and the latest technologies being used in the market. The workplace culture is great and we as an employee get sufficient time to maintain our personal like and work goes smoothly. The best part of the job is that everyday you see happy faces of your colleague and there is no such thing called pressure. I enjoy everyday of my life at my office with my colleagues. The management is quite supportive and friendly with its employees. I got promoted last month to Consultant and have gained so much of experience in latest technologies that I feel confident of taking challenging tasks.

Pros

Friendly Environment

Fast paced but interesting

Working as a consultant provided the ability to work in many different positions on various projects. I learnt a lot and gained a lot from my time at this consultancy company.

Good company overall

Capgemini is a good place to work. It has a fantastic culture and good work/life balance for a consultant role. However, it dose pay below the industry standard.

CapGemini - Best place to work

Well, Capgemini is as good or even better than some of the MNCs out there in the market, especially for the freshers. Capgemini is one of the leading IT company in India. Basically, it is a French company. There are many learning opportunity and scopes in the organization.So As a fresher blindly grab the opportunity, give your best and learn out as much as can. Later on, the company itself will give the onsite opportunity to anyone if he/she shows enthusiasm and dedication towards the technology.

Complete freedom

Was quickly hired on a super-competitive pay, was given support, worked from home, used the office facilities. Management was very supportive, fair and undoubtedly smart and adequately professional

Pros

freedom, smart colleagues, nice office, fun afternoons, quick hire

Cons

Average salary and no career advancement

No career growth, direction from the leadership team. Average pay to employees with very limited visibility on the projects in pipeline. Connect with employees is very average from the management.

Productive and fun

Productive and fun to work here. A decent work-life balance. Not enough perks. Can have more advancements. If you are lukcy, you will get a good project and opportunity to work

Good place to work and good opportunities both onsite and offshore

its a good place to work at and meet new people. there are both onsite and offshore opportunities. Overall work life balance is good and there are good people to work with

Cynical and unfair

My performance review process was clearly unfair and secretive, no chance to address some comments that came out of the blue while I had been working and invoicing 100% of my time. No training, as usual, despite promises ("this year we have the budget...") You can't build trust in a company that has bad resource management

Pros

maybe salary, but I was sold for 2 times+ to the client...

Cons

Squeezed like a lemon at work but left on my own when I needed them

Friendly

Friendly working environment. Managers and leaders are fair. Hard work are rewarded. Recent business decision made do not meet personal goals but people always look for the best interest of their selves so does a company.

Pros

social activities

Cons

hard to promote.

Excellenet

I have a geart career with Capgemini. I had worked with ANZ(client) around 2.5 years where i got the chance to work at onshore. Capgemini has rewared me well (received customer delight award and star performer award).

Business Analyst in property & casualty line of Insurance industry

I have successfully documented business/functional requirements and led project level activities. I have worked as a liaison between business users and application developers. I have successfully delivered a Thunderhead Migration project in capacity of lead Health Insurance BA. I have also worked as a BillingCenter Onshore Testing Lead and Guidewire Integration BA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capgemini. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K