Capital One

Capital One Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Showing all 9,850 reviews

I love my job in Capital One as a Fraud Specialist. We are like family. We are enjoying and having fun while working and the continue training for the improvement of their people is really beneficial to us.

Pros

Promising health benefits

Cons

Low compensation/Salary

Friendly team and great benefits

I loved everything about the company . It was honestly one of the best companies I ever worked for and everyone involved was super engaging and nice. I had an awesome lead and if she wasn’t working, the other leads were so helpful and sweet. Trainers were amazing and made sure you understood everything. The benefits were great as well like the pto time and personal growth time. The hardest part for me was honestly being on the phone. You do have to meet metrics which could be tough if you lose that drive you had in the beginning. There were good days and very bad days. The hardest part was dealing with angry customers and informing them of changes or things they didn’t want to hear. If you love helping people and being on the phone for a while and having back to back calls. Go for it! It got exhausting to me but I loved the company.

Contractors get laid off

No job security as a contract employee. Beware! People are nice and it seemed like a great culture but there’s zero guarantee that they’ll make you a full time employee. There’s also A LOT of discrimination against contractors where they’ll host parties and events and say no contractors allowed. It’s weird.

It's a job

Working remote, it became a job. They pay well, but the stress of the job makes it difficult some times. If you can advance, you can move up quick.

Unrealistic standards

This company gets so many complaints from their customers. And for good reason too! Most calls I received in a day were complaints. They are not user friendly when it comes to elderly users. There is no definitive “IT” or troubleshooting department, so sometimes you would spend an hour on the phone trying to help a 75 yr old reset a password. my “team lead” was rude and did not make me feel welcome at all when i joined the group. There was no explanation of any sort of process, the only thing that was said was “heres what we expect ok go do your job”. Be prepared to NEVER use pto because They wont let you use it!! Even if you request time off 6+ months in advance there is no guarantee you will get it off! The call times they expect you to adhere to are outlandish and no human being can achieve these goals. Training itself they give you 2 weeks total to learn a years worth of banking procedures. Then throw you to the wolves for more “training” aka taking calls by yourself. Only good thing here was the benefits and being able to wfh.

Non productive

Don't work here, they don't care about employees. It would be better to work at a McDonald's than here, find a better working environment thank you ! Harsh environment

Work/Life balance is encouraged

CapitalOne does encourage work/life balance. I also was very encouraged in the efforts to make employees feel valued. Monthly team outings was a nice touch to switch from the day to day routine operations.

Pros

Team outings to encourage a positive workplace culture

Cons

Burnout from high call volumes

Fast paced environment

Fast paced environment with a lot of demands so Teams are very productive. Great benefits and perks. Campus is very nice with food, fitness facility, etc.

Change is not always good

When I first started, everyone had like 7 weeks training and that included 2 weeks of you working phone calls to prove you could retain the info and effectively help the customers. Pay was ok considering I started working almost 10 years ago and cost of living was different then. Opportunities for promotion were easier to attain as well. Now, you have leaders acting literally acting like we're just another number. People off the street get rushed through training, put on the phone without being trained on systems that would increase their effectiveness as phone reps. With all that being said, these new reps are coming in entitled, ignorant, and paid at higher rates than the more seasoned agents. Also, if you start off at the bottom and want a promotion into like management level or you just want to move into something else like HR, marketing, etc. good luck achieving that. You're held down by your employee level and held back because people are hiring whoever they want to hire instead of giving all eligible candidates a fair chance to earn the position. I know people in both exempt and non-exempt positions that are all facing the same struggle. While it's tempting to stay since I've already invested so much time here, I know it's time to go.

Lack if well trained managers

Management isn’t trained well to assist employees with daily job, don’t consider disabilities, can be very condescending to some and show others favoritism.

Buen ambiente laboral pero mucha argolla que casi no le permití crecer a uno

Costaba una vida para que ofrecieran vacaciones, los clientes en su mayoría muy molestos e incómodos

Amazing work life balance

I absolutely love the company overall. Great pay, great benefits, great atmosphere. Staff is absolutely amazing. Honestly a great job to have overall.

Great Company

Company is great one of the best companies I have worked for. Only thing is the pay rate is low for the amount of work you do and your job could be very stressful. Capital One does offer great benefits.

Very smart people

Many opportunities to do good work, and move between teams. The mission is inspirational. I wish there were more opportunities for remote work, and I wish that product management was practiced in a more experimental way.

Productive and supportive team but micromanaging management

All the team including me keep up the best efforts to reach the goals. But the managing and leading team doesn’t actually manage well and overwhelm the team members with more than the bandwidth which does not allow us to learn and work. It’s always pressurizing All the reviews I mentioned is only about the team I work for! I see many teams with a healthy work life balance

Ok place to work

The sudden decision to close its doors in Canada was brutal to all. It was difficult especially given the covid times and so many workers being laid off

Productive and great environment

Great company but pay is lacking. Unrealistic goals

Capital One is a great company to work for however once they removed our bonus and opted for base pay instead, the morale of the employees tanked. It has led to high turnover and I myself may leave soon as well

Good salary but you have to work for it

They are good payers, but demand a very high level of output and accuracy because of this. Not very good a recognising extra effort or giving praise but quick to draw your attention to faults.

snacks ping pong

sad they left a lot of ppl without a job. enjoyed many benefits very supportive staff and management.made work fun some days . didn't like the micromanaging literally no second to breathe.

Great benefits

Very flexible especially with students. Great benefits like paid maternity leave. call volume can be back to back but slower around holidays. easy to catch onto

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Capital One with