Capital S.M.A.R.T Repairs
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Capital S.M.A.R.T Repairs Employee Reviews

Started great. However, a forced change of management mid-year unsettled a successful shop. Forcing staff to complete tasks that were originally never given via previous management. New direction in management seemed to be running a workshop via a spreadsheet full of KPI's, not including themselves physically in the workshop itself. Despite approaching management on a number of occaisions to help improve my skills (and workshop production), it felt like plans had already been made and management weren't willing to offer any encouragement to pursue such goals. A huge drop in morale eventually occurred.
Management skills lack in alot of area too much power tripping going on but as they say good staff never get ahead so managers are the type that where not even close to good at the job job security is very slim
Was a good experience, the guys I worked with were all good blokes. Had 2 managers, first one was a complete arrogant piece of rubbish. Got the sack a few months in, which I thought was well deserved as nobody got along with him except a select few. Second manager was great except I think the stress and title got to his head as he changed significantly when made manager, but good bloke I guess. Got a lot of habds on experience and was trained quite well, exceeded in the position seeing as I was quite young and inexperienced when I started. A lot of pressure and got blamed a lot for things that weren't my fault, I guess because I was the young guy there, they could blame me for things. Would probably recommend a friend to work there or even go back myself..
Pros
Good experience and good people, made a lot of mates there. A lot of ethnics which I liked as I fit in.
Cons
Very long days, no work life balance at all. My salary was pretty low.
Great company that is filled with benefits that is customer service focused. This company has won the employer of the year award, it does have a number or sites which means it will continue to grow and more jobs become avail
Pros
free lunch and morning tea
Cons
not much movement for growth within the company
Everyone who works there is friendly and approachable. The work was tedious but wasn't boring. Management was top notch. As i was only a temp, there was no job security and they let me go within 30 minutes of leaving that day over the phone.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No job security