CareChoice Employee Reviews

3.8Pay & Benefits
3.6Job Security & Advancement
productive workplace with great shifts
Personal Care Assistant / Disability (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 February 2018
care-choice is a very good company to work with. they provide regular and good shifts.you can work on your terms. they also provide ongoing education classes to uplift your skills. the staff is really friendly. now they have switched to electronic time sheets which i think really organised the work.
Pros
reagular shifts
Cons
short
Working with disabilities
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, Victoria11 January 2014
I currently am a disability support worker. I care and support people with disabilities in their own homes and residential units. This can range from personal care to social support out in the community. Most of my work is working with people who have an ABI (Acquired Brain Injury) I also work with clients who have a mental illness such as Bipolar. A typical day is to ensure clients are cared for according to the clients care plan. This includes working with the client and other professionals including Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Hydro Therapy, Physiotherapy exercises, assisting clients with financial management, peg feeding and administration of medication.

I have learnt a lot since i have been working with my current employer. I have gained a better understanding of clients with special needs. I have found the management of the company to be very professional and informative. I am able to get along with all co-workers. I can work on an individual basis and also in a team environment.

The hardest part of my job is working with clients have a have a mental illness. It can be harder to communicate with them and it takes longer to achieve a goal. I find this is where you need to be patient and have lots of understanding to ensure all of the clients needs are met. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the clients progress in their day to day activities. It is very rewarding to see them achieving more.
Pros
Great seeing individuals achieve goals
Cons
Can be very challenging at times