Carlo’s IGA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Carlo’s IGA Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
As a Duty Manager I was paid the exact same rate as the team members working under me. The job came with a lot of responsibilities and duties. One has to be very efficient at everything as the role demands helping out every individual department if need be. This job taught me about resource management, time management and providing unmatched customer service.
Working there is great because we are a young and fun team, but the CEO partners talks to us terribly. He makes us feel as if we are being stalked and intimidated and always harasses us. He screams at us and has no respect for us, maybe it is because we are younger than him and not his culture.. He needs to go to make this a good workplace
staff members and customers were nice but management were unfair and they don't follow companies standards.
the CEO partner would walk in and.out of the shop make up his own rule and over ride the store manager or department manager when he has no idea what the rules or protocol is.

when at work CEO partner makes all stuff members feel uncomfortable he's constantly watching them like they are stealing he needs to learn customer service
I have built up my confidence and I am a different person now in comparison to the past. I have become much more resilient. The company is supportive towards their staff members.
Awful workplace... you are treated like nothing here. Only benefit you get out of the job is the weekly pay. You'll never get a thank you or any appreciation. To save money, the 5% staff discount was deleted?!! Staff morale is low. No one is happy to come to work. Expect management to scream at you in front of customers and other team members because no one knows how to communicate. Super high staff turn-over. I have been in the workforce for decades and one of the worst places I have worked. On the bright side, you do work with nice team members and meet friendly customers.
It was a wholesome workplace with a great customer basis that I was happy to serve. Amazing selection for discounted prices of produce & confectionary etc.
Pros
Fresh meat
Cons
Smelling like meat
Treated poorly, underpaid, do more hours then what your paid for. Went through 8 store managers in one year. Hr department are very rude and are for the company not them employer and are very unaproachable and speak to you like dirt. Worst company I have ever worked for
Pros
Nil
Cons
Treated poorly, underpaid. Toany to lisy
Carlo's IGA is a great business to work for, the management team support their staff and do the best they can to provide flexibility to their staff regarding shifts, we are asked about our availability and the management of the store do the best they can to provide flexibility for "work life balance" as I have a young family.

I highly recommend working for Carlo's to my friends and family, I enjoy my job and love what I do, I believe Carlo's IGA is a great place to work.
I was given the opportunity to learn skills to lead a team and to work within one. The workplace itself was a fun place to be as there was always something to be done. The most enjoyable part of my job would all over be the job I loved my workplace, my team, and what i did day to day.
Pros
on the job training and support.
Cons
None I was in the job to enjoy my work and I enjoyed it.
I enjoyed this job it was great to see all the locals come in and do their shopping and have a chat while working! Days consisted of cashier work and shelf packing, learnt a lot about shelf packing and customer service
Pros
Social
Cons
Repetitive
I actually enjoy working at Carlos IGA I find that my coworkers are easy to get along with. The part I love most about my current job are the regular customers who come in and put a smile on my face by just being them.
Pros
fun and easy job
Cons
trying to deal with rude people
Learned various skills throughout the different roles i did throughout employment, a good work environment. Always things to do.
Pros
Always given a break
Cons
Long hours depending on department you are in
I appreciate the opportunity i was given to work at IGA as they trained me and gave me experience in the workplace that i did not have before. The job itself was a lot of fun, i enjoyed meeting new people and getting familiar with the regular customers. The management was not the best, there are a lot of things lacking in that place, a few minor problems that could cause injury and have needed fixing for a long time but management have not been the best about getting things done. Overall it was not a horrible place, i experienced good and bad and absolutely loved the job and working in retail.
Cons
Safety risks in the workplace, rude staff
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlo’s IGA. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6