Carlo’s IGA Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work - Work Life Balance - Flexible Hours
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW23 April 2018
Carlo's IGA is a great business to work for, the management team support their staff and do the best they can to provide flexibility to their staff regarding shifts, we are asked about our availability and the management of the store do the best they can to provide flexibility for "work life balance" as I have a young family.

I highly recommend working for Carlo's to my friends and family, I enjoy my job and love what I do, I believe Carlo's IGA is a great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilgandra NSW28 March 2018
Former worker (Former Employee) –  Gilgandra NSW17 March 2018
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gilgandra NSW4 February 2018
Great atmosphere.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilgandra NSW26 February 2017
I was given the opportunity to learn skills to lead a team and to work within one. The workplace itself was a fun place to be as there was always something to be done. The most enjoyable part of my job would all over be the job I loved my workplace, my team, and what i did day to day.
Pros
on the job training and support.
Cons
None I was in the job to enjoy my work and I enjoyed it.
Great seeing locals
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manilla NSW7 December 2016
I enjoyed this job it was great to see all the locals come in and do their shopping and have a chat while working! Days consisted of cashier work and shelf packing, learnt a lot about shelf packing and customer service
Pros
Social
Cons
Repetitive
Easy going plce to work.
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tamworth NSW4 July 2016
I actually enjoy working at Carlos IGA I find that my coworkers are easy to get along with. The part I love most about my current job are the regular customers who come in and put a smile on my face by just being them.
Pros
fun and easy job
Cons
trying to deal with rude people
Various work responsibilities therefore keeping busy and up to date with procedures
Produce & Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga18 May 2015
Learned various skills throughout the different roles i did throughout employment, a good work environment. Always things to do.
Pros
Always given a break
Cons
Long hours depending on department you are in
Regular work place, nothing special or exciting
casual retail assistant (Former Employee) –  wagga wagga6 October 2014
I appreciate the opportunity i was given to work at IGA as they trained me and gave me experience in the workplace that i did not have before. The job itself was a lot of fun, i enjoyed meeting new people and getting familiar with the regular customers. The management was not the best, there are a lot of things lacking in that place, a few minor problems that could cause injury and have needed fixing for a long time but management have not been the best about getting things done. Overall it was not a horrible place, i experienced good and bad and absolutely loved the job and working in retail.
Cons
Safety risks in the workplace, rude staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlo’s IGA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7