Carpet Call
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Carpet Call Employee Reviews

Australia29 reviews
Only care about their pockets, not staff. Expect you to work over time at last minute notice. Management are hard to get hold of and hard to get answers from
Fast paced, good people and reward for effort. If you work hard you get good rewards and bonuses. Upper management support you Senior management in Vic are great
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Work life balance can be a pain when it’s busy
Verbal and physical abuse from management. General manager and senior management using drugs in the office. Extortionary tactics used on customers to sign the deal. Carpet call only care about the money.
Staff taught to outright lie to customers just to get the sale. Fake sales closes with sales management. Carpet call should be investigated by the cops. Its that crooked.
Pros
None. Steer clear
Cons
If you want to be threatened and then have your pay docked work for these bunch of muppets
Meet and greet clients and build a rapport with them quickly. very stressful, not well organised long hours have to be give the customers a good experience and the best deal now. suited to younger sales people.
Sale manager abuses .thinks he is the owner of company.no time for personal life.every sales people are living in stress . Seniors giving so much stress even on Sundays and Saturdays are working even insult juniors in front of customers.sudden shifting of job locations
Management think the pittance they pay is worth not having a healthy work life balance. They fly fast a loose with the spivs or tax free benefits they offer. If you’re single and have no ethical structure this is the place to work!
Good place to work. Nice people and good products. Friendly culture that is supportive, where staff feel valued. Would recommend it to others. Glad to work there.
- State managers expect you to drive from Gold Coast throughout to Brisbane on a daily basis if you can't make enough money weekly in your closest store suburb. You lose fuel money.
- 6 days per week no work/life balance.

- No encouragement from the managers or any personal/work support.

- Apparently not being able to understand what the customer meant, even if they were clearly not trying to say things clearly and expects you to understand is a disrespect and a blame finger on you for the store's reputation.

- Don't even bother applying if your a Uni student/high school student.

- Managers always have high temper especially in the rug department because apparently every store should make $4,000+ per week.

- Weekly payment ain't even worth 6 days of work in any other 9-5 jobs.

- Sales is a good skill to learn but who will buy $1000 worth of rugs?

Overall, better to apply somewhere else.
- Asked to lie to customers in order to get a sale.
- Managers treat reps poorly

-Asked to drive everywhere without reimbursement

-No room for advancement
Cons
A typical day at work would usually consist of cleaning your store all day, fixing displays and serving upwards of 2, possibly 3 customers a day.

What I learnt was quite minimal and not too beneficial to me.

Management was truthfully an absolute joke. (Mainly upper management.) There are a handful of store managers that aren't interested in helping any of their "ruggies" and upper management is nothing but useless and corrupt. Only putting their interests and their pockets first. (Unfortunately the good managers in head office were almost all replaced when they tried to implement changes to this broken system.)

Workplace culture is quite dull (depending on your store) and can add onto being a big drag to your day.

The hardest part of the job would definitely be opening up your emails to see your states manager almost abusing staff due to performance and consistently threatening termination, etc.

The most enjoyable part would be serving customers, getting your store to a nice, clean standard and also building a relationship up with your fellow staff members either in store or over email.

I would personally not recommend working at Carpet Call as the company is extremely outdated in not only their store presentations but throughout their entire management structure as well. You will be spending most of your time correcting previous staff mistakes and being held accountable for things out of your control.
Pros
Not having a direct manager breathing down your back consistently.
Cons
Low opportunity to earn commission, barley any movement through the company and very corrupt upper management.
Job is not suitable for people with family or social life. Extreme work hours with pressure like fighting in war..!!

Aweful management who threatened demotion every week if figures are not good and get sacked if just a salesperson..!!
Pros
Best commission structure
Cons
Aweful hours of work
I previously worked at this store as an Installer. I found the management had not much idea about the Carpet and Vinyl sides of things. They have a Salemans running the show for them and i found he has no experience about the Installation side of things. From what I can see is that the installs from this shop is of poor quality and cutting corners when ever possible because the salesman is pressuring layers to do it his way or no way.Bullying in the work place is not on and should be heald accountable for his actions.
Pros
Great store owners
Cons
Store owners mislead by salesman
With Carpet Call i was a Floating Floor Installer, great job. people from Carpet Call was friendly and very helpful. I learnt things from reading plans for installing floor boarding, to being able to prep and lay my own boards, i learnt to be able to quote jobs, and measure, it also taught me to fix concrete or wooden sub floor levels (concrete subfloor leveling compound), and i learnt a big key in life which is Communication. I learnt how to use multiple tools from hammers to powered tools such as the drop saw and table saw, concrete grinder. flooring taught me confidence and not to be afraid to talk to the customer as you want your customer to be happy with He/her flooring.
Pros
Lovely experience with many things to be taught and enjoyable.
Cons
Subfloor problems cause days to be set back.
i love to work as a carpet layer in carpet call.. they are soppurtive when time to need a financial assistant.
of i pay it for salary repayment.. i ve learn a lot doing

technics job.. so much friendly peoples employees..

that is.
Pros
every friday morning free BBQ.
Cons
I enjoyed my time with carpet call and I think I achieved so much in a very short time I made lots of sales and reached every target that was set and I won a lot of awards and this job was good because it made me to understand that I was a good salesman and started my own business after working with this company.
Pros
I met a lot of people and made lots of sales
Cons
I worked to many hours a day and sometimes I worked 7 days a week because I was in charge
Use of my own vehicle caused damage to the upholstery and boot. Promised a petrol compensation on km's traveled but was only paid on a "sale" visit and not on a "quote" or check-measure for other salesmen. No purchase contract meant no compensation for km's and maintenance. My vehicle was always full of carpet samples and had very little space for my kids as well.
Pros
Money was ok
Cons
Hours and demand worked against a family/work balance.
Working at Carpet Call was fun and an entertaining environment. In-home sales can be boring but this was a great experience and helping people made it worth it!
This was a very money profit company and there was no work/life balance as it was a 6 day work week and the only day I had off was a Tuesday.
The team and the customers was the best part of the role.

The hardest part was how hard and strict they were and the amount of staff tunover was unfortunate.
Pros
Good team enviroment
Cons
6 day working week, no balance
Carpet call has a friendly and professional environment. I learnt a lot by working in it. I also earnt good money here. Here are good opportunities to excel.
Immense/undue pressure to make sales. No job security and minimal respect for its employees. The situation can improve if major restructuring is done at the top level and work/life balance is improved
Pros
Store managers are helpful
Cons
Long hours/no work/life balance
Great place to make some money, but unfortunately they know nothing about work/life balance.
6 days a week with some days dragging to 12-14 hours.....
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Long hours, bad management