Carpet Call Employee Reviews

Beware, you will be treated as a number and nothing more.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Casula NSW8 April 2019
A typical day at work would usually consist of cleaning your store all day, fixing displays and serving upwards of 2, possibly 3 customers a day.

What I learnt was quite minimal and not too beneficial to me.

Management was truthfully an absolute joke. (Mainly upper management.) There are a handful of store managers that aren't interested in helping any of their "ruggies" and upper management is nothing but useless and corrupt. Only putting their interests and their pockets first. (Unfortunately the good managers in head office were almost all replaced when they tried to implement changes to this broken system.)

Workplace culture is quite dull (depending on your store) and can add onto being a big drag to your day.

The hardest part of the job would definitely be opening up your emails to see your states manager almost abusing staff due to performance and consistently threatening termination, etc.

The most enjoyable part would be serving customers, getting your store to a nice, clean standard and also building a relationship up with your fellow staff members either in store or over email.

I would personally not recommend working at Carpet Call as the company is extremely outdated in not only their store presentations but throughout their entire management structure as well. You will be spending most of your time correcting previous staff mistakes and being held accountable for things out of your control.
Pros
Not having a direct manager breathing down your back consistently.
Cons
Low opportunity to earn commission, barley any movement through the company and very corrupt upper management.
Not worth it
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 January 2019
Job is not suitable for people with family or social life. Extreme work hours with pressure like fighting in war..!!

Aweful management who threatened demotion every week if figures are not good and get sacked if just a salesperson..!!
Pros
Best commission structure
Cons
Aweful hours of work
Carpet Call Wagga Wagga
Installer (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW8 November 2018
I previously worked at this store as an Installer. I found the management had not much idea about the Carpet and Vinyl sides of things. They have a Salemans running the show for them and i found he has no experience about the Installation side of things. From what I can see is that the installs from this shop is of poor quality and cutting corners when ever possible because the salesman is pressuring layers to do it his way or no way.Bullying in the work place is not on and should be heald accountable for his actions.
Pros
Great store owners
Cons
Store owners mislead by salesman
Productive Great work
FLOOR INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Ferntree Gully VIC18 October 2018
With Carpet Call i was a Floating Floor Installer, great job. people from Carpet Call was friendly and very helpful. I learnt things from reading plans for installing floor boarding, to being able to prep and lay my own boards, i learnt to be able to quote jobs, and measure, it also taught me to fix concrete or wooden sub floor levels (concrete subfloor leveling compound), and i learnt a big key in life which is Communication. I learnt how to use multiple tools from hammers to powered tools such as the drop saw and table saw, concrete grinder. flooring taught me confidence and not to be afraid to talk to the customer as you want your customer to be happy with He/her flooring.
Pros
Lovely experience with many things to be taught and enjoyable.
Cons
Subfloor problems cause days to be set back.
good productive work as a team.
Carpet Layer / carpet cleaner (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 July 2018
i love to work as a carpet layer in carpet call.. they are soppurtive when time to need a financial assistant.
of i pay it for salary repayment.. i ve learn a lot doing
technics job.. so much friendly peoples employees..
that is.
Pros
every friday morning free BBQ.
Cons
It was very fast pass environment and with lots of challenges
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 February 2018
I enjoyed my time with carpet call and I think I achieved so much in a very short time I made lots of sales and reached every target that was set and I won a lot of awards and this job was good because it made me to understand that I was a good salesman and started my own business after working with this company.
Pros
I met a lot of people and made lots of sales
Cons
I worked to many hours a day and sometimes I worked 7 days a week because I was in charge
Pressured and somewhat unfair
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA28 October 2017
Use of my own vehicle caused damage to the upholstery and boot. Promised a petrol compensation on km's traveled but was only paid on a "sale" visit and not on a "quote" or check-measure for other salesmen. No purchase contract meant no compensation for km's and maintenance. My vehicle was always full of carpet samples and had very little space for my kids as well.
Pros
Money was ok
Cons
Hours and demand worked against a family/work balance.
Excellent retail opportunity!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Preston VIC2 September 2017
Working at Carpet Call was fun and an entertaining environment. In-home sales can be boring but this was a great experience and helping people made it worth it!
Fun Team and enviroment
Flooring Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD8 August 2017
This was a very money profit company and there was no work/life balance as it was a 6 day work week and the only day I had off was a Tuesday.
The team and the customers was the best part of the role.
The hardest part was how hard and strict they were and the amount of staff tunover was unfortunate.
Pros
Good team enviroment
Cons
6 day working week, no balance
Very good place to work
Rus Sales Officer (Former Employee) –  Western Australia26 July 2017
Carpet call has a friendly and professional environment. I learnt a lot by working in it. I also earnt good money here. Here are good opportunities to excel.
Bad Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 July 2017
Immense/undue pressure to make sales. No job security and minimal respect for its employees. The situation can improve if major restructuring is done at the top level and work/life balance is improved
Pros
Store managers are helpful
Cons
Long hours/no work/life balance
Always on the go
Store Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Hoppers Crossing VIC30 April 2017
Great place to make some money, but unfortunately they know nothing about work/life balance.
6 days a week with some days dragging to 12-14 hours.....
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Low Pressure Environment
Carpet Layer - Labourer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC3 March 2016
Low Pressure Environment, easy to understand.
People were kind, welcoming and approachable 95% of the time.

Only worked on casual circumstances, ended to a sudden stop expectedly.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Low Pay
good monetary incentives
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth WA14 February 2016
pretty hectic and busy day always.

long hours with after hours as well so the normal day would be of 12-13 hours and work for 6 days a week. only one day off for the week.

other wise good company to work with.
Pros
incentives
Boss was terrible
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW10 February 2016
-Wasnt paid on time consistantly
- Never had a roster
-Would be expected to work most shifts at 12 hours notice
Sales side of things would run smooth as long as the boss stayed out of business. The problem here lies that he would order most stock and wouldnt pay the businesses he ordered from. So it made it impossible to run business without him in the showroom
Productive workplace
WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sydney, New South wales20 October 2015
Come into work settle to settle in for the day, begin to fill out paperwork for jobs that need to be done during the day. Finish this around first lunch break. Begin to move carpets over in job order to get ready to be taken out, count up stock for the day and clean the floors
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No job security, Bad management
Great
Part-time work (Current Employee) –  moe vic11 September 2014
Great place, very good staff. I learnt how install lots of varieties of floorings
Great place to work for my first job.
Store person (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba19 August 2014
No incentives to stay, offered position at Harvey Norman Toowoomba
Pros
Birthday Bonus
Cons
Short hours/Low wages
was good at the start but then got pushed pushed out before three months
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC6 March 2014
not happy with the company at all they used me just to move the warehouse and when that was done i got fired
good workplace
junior carpet layer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD4 February 2014
great place to work, always hard work never get bored. always kept on your toes.